I just got the torch on AT&T, and i know nothing about this phone. I have 200mb plan and don't want to go over so how can I check my data on the fly. Also how do I know i'm using wifi while surfing the web and if im on youtube while on wifi am i using data?
    11-28-10 10:53 AM
    On OS 6, the device will automatically use Wi-Fi if it is available after you set it up the first time and save it. The next time you are in range of the router, if Wi-Fi is turned on, the connection is automatic.

To check your data usage call *3282#. AT&T will send you a text message showing your current data usage.
    11-28-10 11:00 AM
    How do I check to make sure i'm running OS 6, and how do I set it up if i am running OS 6?
    11-28-10 11:05 AM
    Torch comes preloaded with OS 6.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-28-10 11:13 AM
    You cannot check your data usage with the device until after the first billing cycle. The deice has 246 on it most likely.
    11-28-10 11:21 AM
    Also ATT will send you a message when you hit around 80percent and another message at 90percent. I use about 30MB/month I'm usually always on wifi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-10 12:56 PM
    If you really want to track data usage try downloading Network Traffic Control from the Blackberry App World. It allows you to set the first day of your billing cycle, and how much data comes with your plana and alerts you when you have reached the data limit. Tracks both network and wifi data.
    Last edited by aznlgcy; 11-28-10 at 01:12 PM.
    HyTrojan likes this.
    11-28-10 01:09 PM
    Another app that keeps track of your data usage and lets you set the date for when your billing cycle starts is E-Office Mobile Data Alerter.
    11-28-10 01:21 PM
    If you really want to track data usage try downloading Network Traffic Control from the Blackberry App World. It allows you to set the first day of your billing cycle, and how much data comes with your plana and alerts you when you have reached the data limit. Tracks both network and wifi data.
    +1 on Network Traffic Control, great app. Been using it & it works perfect.
    11-28-10 01:30 PM
    +2 for Network Traffic Control. I started using it a few days ago after being super paranoid about the usage of my data plan. Now that I can monitor it, my mind is at ease!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-10 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD