I am currently with Verizon and my contract is almost up. I don't have a BB right now, and I don't like the Storm. I don't want to switch to AT&T or TM to get the Bold or 8900. I want to get a BB, but don't want to get an older BB with Verizon and sign a 1 or 2 yr contract, then the new phones come out a few months later.

What would you guys recommend I do?

Thanks
    David
    01-16-09 09:17 PM
    Wait a little while longer the CDMA 8900 Curve will be coming...
    Last edited by SevereDeceit; 01-16-09 at 09:22 PM.
    01-16-09 09:18 PM
    I bought a used Curve, and am saving my upcoming ne2 upgrade and discount for the new phones coming out.

By buying used/preowned, you don't need to add years to your contract. Additionally, you can learn how to use the Blackberry OS while waiting for your dream phone.
    01-16-09 09:20 PM
    I don't understand this whole "buying used" thing. Where do you buy phones and how do you get them activated on your carrier? Just confused by the process I guess
    01-16-09 10:15 PM
    You can go to websites like ebay or craigslist, and I believe there is even a forum on here somewhere for people who are wanting to buy or sell blackberries... You can find some pretty good deals... Make sure though that the phone is compatible with your phone carrier before you purchase it... And to activate your phone you can either call customer service, go to your local carrier store, or do it on their website.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 02:51 AM
    I don't understand this whole "buying used" thing. Where do you buy phones and how do you get them activated on your carrier? Just confused by the process I guess
    Activation on Verizon is easy. Of the three methods slashette listed, the online activation is the best. Why? It is the only method where Verizon won't charge you a $35 activation fee.

Once you do the online activation, the system will know that you are activating a Blackberry from the ESN. It will prompt you to choose an email/data plan, take the $30 plan. Be aware that this plan does not include text messages (SMS).

Wherever you get your "preowned" Blackberry, just be sure to use PayPal to pay for it if it's an online transaction. If it's a local Craigslist transaction, it's usually cash. Make sure the ESN is clean, meaning the phone is ready to be activated on your account, and hasn't been reported lost, stolen, or has been on a delinquent account.
    01-17-09 04:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD