My Windows Mobile phone died here recently with 738 business contacts. I had been using Microsoft's Myphone for backups not really expecting to be getting a Blackberry.

Well, my office is sending me a Storm2 so now I have this issue of getting my 738 business contacts, with phone numbers, faxes, account numbers, addresses etc ported over to my Blackberry.

Microsoft doesn't support the Blackberry OS though. I've got to get those files somehow.

Has anyone figured out a work around? I believe my Storm arrives tomorrow and I want to get this figured out ASAP.

Thanks in advance.
    12-17-09 09:58 PM
    Would really appreciate help with this if anyone has a suggestion.
    12-20-09 11:41 AM
    BB supports syncing with Outlook. If you can get your contacts to Outlook you should be set. Otherwise, I believe, there are ways to use comma delimited files and maybe some other formats.
    12-20-09 01:40 PM
    Thanks - the problem with Myphone is that it doesn't offer any way of exporting the files. So there's no way of getting the files to Outlook that I know of.
    12-20-09 01:54 PM
    I don't know if this will help - also note the caution - it may want to install a toolbar

Download MyPhoneExplorer 1.7.4 - With this program you can administer its Sony-Ericsson mobile phone simply - Softpedia

And I don't know if it works for any phone brand. You might continue to google
    12-20-09 02:15 PM
    Is the phone completely dead?? Will you be able to do one last sync with ActiveSync (or whatever it is that will sync with Outlook)?

If you can do that, you can use Desktop Manager to do a Device Switch.
    12-20-09 03:52 PM
    Yeah - she's dead as a doornail.

"Although I don't know what's particularly dead about a doornail," - Ebeneezer Scrooge
    12-21-09 08:13 AM
    does someone else have a wm device that you can use to transfer the contacts?
    12-21-09 08:58 AM
    does someone else have a wm device that you can use to transfer the contacts?
    I have a buddy with a Moto Q but the OS is too old to install the Microsoft Myphone app.
    12-21-09 10:28 AM
    the q should have 6.0 on it though....
    12-21-09 10:31 AM
    My Phone

What file types does My Phone sync?
    My Phone will sync a wide variety of content and document types between your phone and your My Phone account.

To be included in a sync with your My Phone account, your photos, music, videos, and documents must be located:

In the My Documents folder (or one of its subdirectories) on the phone.
    On the memory card (if selected).
    The following table provides a complete list of file extensions that are synced by My Phone.

Contacts, calendar, tasks, favorites, and text messages: Synchronization for this data is not based on the file extension.

MyPhone uses a Microsoft owned server to store and syncronize data.

Microsoft is not making it easy, but fortunatly, there are developers that are able to address the need.

MyPhone for BlackBerry updated - MMMOOO blog

MyPhone for Blackberry is updated again, adding the earth wallpaper to show our love to our motherland. This update is aviliable for all BlackBerry models.

MyPhone is on sale now with only $ 6.99. Don't miss the chance to get it. The discount price is only aviliable at MMMOOO shop.

About MyPhone for BlackBerry:

MyPhone V1.3 turns BB os phone into 'i'Phone UI. You can have a smart phone enhanced with TWO user interfaces. The best launcher ever on Blackberry! It is enhanced with cool world weather forecast, memory clean tool, radio tool, system testing and mobile torch 3rd part apps.

It is not clear if this product actualy works with Microsoft MyPhone, or just has a similar name.

12-21-09 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD