I will be getting either a Curve or Bold soon... Obviosuly the Curve sooner sicne the Bold is not out yet!!

I've never had a BB and am coming from the Palm Treo side of things...

It sounds like the BB comes with a limited amount of space for programs, but is expandable to 8gb via a memory card...

Can I run programs/applications off the memory card, thus having the ability to use and have tons of applications etc..?
    07-15-08 02:19 PM
    Nope - all apps need to be installed on the device memory, not the memory card.
    07-15-08 02:19 PM
    No. Generally speaking the memory card is used
    for storing music, pictures, ringtones, etc..

You cannot run BB apps from it at all
    07-15-08 02:21 PM
    Hmm... That sorta sucks... I think the Treo has launcher programs that allow us to launch programs from the memory card etc...

Do people run out of memory to run applications often???
    07-15-08 02:25 PM
    Yes I do wish they would use larger internal memory. Too bad they didn't use at least a 2 gig for internal memory.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-08 02:27 PM
    You just have to prioritize what apps are truly needed, somewhat needed, and not needed at all. There are also ways to increase the memory on the device, that delete several unneeded items.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/

I highly recommend it when you get your BB.
    07-15-08 02:27 PM
    The first generation Curves and Pearls have 64 Mb of memory, they are in need of some serious memory maintenance after the first week of service.

The later generation Curve 8330 has 96 Mb, a big improvement.

The Bold will ship with a 1 Gb. Indications are all of it is addressable. That will put an end to low memory issues.

If you have waited this long, just a little longer and you can have the future in your hands.
    07-15-08 02:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD