I have a BB Curve 8310 that I got through work for my corporate email account. Corporate IT set up the push email and I don't think I have access to change any email settings, so my question is this...

If I back up my device via desktop manager, and follow the upgrade steps in the FAQ on the forum, will I have to re-enter my email settings? This is not an option for me and will prevent me from performing the upgrade. In other words, the only way I can upgrade is if all email settings for email push will remain intact after the upgrade.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
    12-16-08 02:43 AM
    The words NEWB and OS UPGRADE don't belong it the same sentence and it always brings real fear to me when I DO hear them together! Follow the link in my sig for correct upgrade procedure if you REALLY MUST upgrade but i would STRONGLY suggest U get to know that device a little better before doing an OS upgrade!

If U get your email thru BES Push then no worries, once the device is reregistered onto the BES system after upgrade all the settings will be there
    12-16-08 04:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD