Wifi used to work fine, but after not using wifi on my 8900 for months, it seems to be messed up. I turned it on and suddenly I couldn't load any pages with either Internet Browser or Hotspot Browser. I tried a battery pull but it didn't help. I know the password is correct, and my router shows that it detects my phone has been disconnected. How do I fix this? I miss the speed of my wifi.

For some strange reason my browser works now, but only using EDGE. Wifi still won't work.
    Last edited by Zzoram; 12-04-09 at 11:38 PM.
    12-04-09 11:34 PM
    I would reset your password. I would also check your services status and scan for networks and see what is brings up. Hope this helps

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 02:37 AM
    Check out the Wifi Guide in my signature below.
    12-05-09 08:15 AM
    After trying for half an hour with no luck, I went to bed. In the morning, suddenly wifi was working fine for the browser and UMA. Weird.
    12-06-09 03:17 AM
    Just noticed your Profile... now I have a question... are you honestly using OS 4.6.1.94 ???

That is VERY OLD!!!! I thought Rogers had upgraded it's officially supported OS to 4.6.1.250... or at least something close to that... maybe it a good time to upgrade your OS!!!
    12-06-09 09:10 AM
    Just noticed your Profile... now I have a question... are you honestly using OS 4.6.1.94 ???

That is VERY OLD!!!! I thought Rogers had upgraded it's officially supported OS to 4.6.1.250... or at least something close to that... maybe it a good time to upgrade your OS!!!
    I know it's old but I've been scared of upgrading because I don't want things to stop working or to lose my apps/address book/settings. I figure I might try to upgrade the OS when a Rogers official 5.0 is out.
    12-06-09 01:56 PM
    If you use DM to backup your personal information and settings, then use the 3rd party apps backup procedure in my signature below, then you will not loose any data or apps... besides if you use the App Loader.exe upgrade, this backs up everything and reloads everything and will not loose any data or apps.
    12-06-09 03:58 PM
    Hey there!
    Yeah, make a backup with the DM software!
    And there won�t be a risk!

It�s really worth to upgrade!
    I don�t understand how you can live with a .94 batterylife?! :-O

And I�m sure your WiFi problem will magically disappear.
    12-06-09 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD