I'm getting a BB today. Choices are going with a new curve or a refurb 8820 with the wifi. I don't plan on getting the internet package because I'm cheap. Just getting the phone for the keyboard and other features. (read I text too much) The difference between a new curve and the refurb is $20. The only thing about the 8820 that interests me is the wifi capability. Does anyone have some pros/cons to going refurb or suggestions?
    Last edited by Mr. Disaster; 06-30-08 at 01:33 PM.
    06-30-08 01:22 PM
    Both of my BB's have been refurbs and I've had no issues at all. Especially since one cost $50, and the other was free. I would get another refurb in a heartbeat.
    06-30-08 01:24 PM
    Refurbs are fine. Some people don't like them for whatever reason I personally could care less. Long as it works and it has a warranty to cover it if something goes wrong later.
    PS. The 8320 Curve has wifi also.
    06-30-08 02:43 PM
    Make sure there is a warranty - had a prob with a refurb device not being able to connect to the carrier so couldn't get/recieve email.
    06-30-08 04:01 PM
    One refurb, and it looks and functions perfectly.
    06-30-08 04:08 PM
    nothing wrong with a refurb as long as you have a warranty
    06-30-08 04:20 PM
    Mine is refurbished and it looked brand new and never one issue.
    06-30-08 04:21 PM
    If the difference in only 20 bucks I would say get the new one. There is nothing wrong with getting a good refurb but if the difference is only 20 bucks I would have to get it. Also, getting the brand new one will help you better when you are ready to sell it. It would be better to sell one that was only used by you that a refurb one that had more than one previous owner.
    06-30-08 05:10 PM
    Refurb is ok, new is new though.. And IMO.. I'd seriously reconsider getting a data plan for your Berry... A BB w/out a data plan is kind of like having a car but no keys...IMO...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-08 05:27 PM
    Refurb is ok, new is new though.. And IMO.. I'd seriously reconsider getting a data plan for your Berry... A BB w/out a data plan is kind of like having a car but no keys...IMO...
    MUST

RESIST

TEMPTATION

TO

RANT
    06-30-08 05:30 PM
    Refurbs are fine. Some people don't like them for whatever reason I personally could care less. Long as it works and it has a warranty to cover it if something goes wrong later.
    PS. The 8320 Curve has wifi also.
    The ONLY thing I dont like in terms of refurbs is when your phone needs to be exchanged. It's 31 days old and they want to give you a refurb. They'll say its because you've gone beyond the 30 days. How does ONE day make that big of a difference?

I can understand refurbs when you've had yours for several months and for whatever reason it stops working. Anything other than that it hard for me to swallow.
    06-30-08 05:35 PM
    I own quite a few of BB and all of them are either refurb or frm ebay. So far I have no issue. Trick is you should have enough knowledge of BB and need to make sure it works before handing them your cash. Yes its a refurb BB but dun settle for less.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-08 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD