http://vimeo.com/31211614
    http://vimeo.com/31211723
    Last edited by sf49ers; 10-28-11 at 01:35 AM.
    10-27-11 12:27 PM
    is this in 60 days? summer? fall? maybe after next devcon? lol
    10-27-11 01:36 PM
    LOL, knowing RIM, this will never happen in a million years!
    10-27-11 01:38 PM
    This looks really cool. Hopefully RIM will have this out sooner than later.
    10-27-11 02:05 PM
    I want to work there.
    10-27-11 02:41 PM
    Nice looking deal should launch about a year after Apple's product.......

The views above are mine and for entertainment purposes only.
    10-27-11 02:48 PM
    Looks promising. I suppose with the adoption and application of NFC technologies the whole "outside of device" interface could be possible. But that would require "special surfaces".

Otherwise I can't see how this is achievable by anyone let alone RIM.
    10-27-11 03:01 PM
    At 3:05 it shows being BB OS 10.1
    10-27-11 03:31 PM
    That's nothing but smoke and mirrors. All I can do is shake my head and can't help but think that it took RIM over a year to release a new and mediocre device line. On top of that they can't even get a simple OS update to the crippled Playbook. File that video under fiction. If they can manage to stay in business, RIM has a long way to go before anything in that video comes to fruition. They need to stop selling pipe dreams and begin to deliver to thier customers and stock holders.
    Gotta ask, why are you here? Really.
    You should be happy and gone. Or you the type that leaves and checks in periodically to make sure the person you left is miserable so you feel better about yourself.
    10-27-11 03:46 PM
    Looks promising. I suppose with the adoption and application of NFC technologies the whole "outside of device" interface could be possible. But that would require "special surfaces".

Assuming the information is transmitted physically and not through some wireless means same as a bluetooth or wireless keoboard. The NFC portion can just be what opens the wireless connection to the surface you set your device down on.
    10-27-11 03:47 PM
    Kind of reminds me of some of the elements of the MS surface computer that was first shown a long time ago.

What portions of Surface have been released at this point I am not sure but at the time Surface looked impossible.

Dream on. Dream big. And bring it to market. Or at least some of it anyway.
    10-27-11 03:50 PM

I didn't think the original in carnation of MS Surface but portions of that are out already.

File:Peterbilt application on Microsoft Surface low quality.ogv - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    10-27-11 03:52 PM
    I didn't think the original in carnation of MS Surface but portions of that are out already.

File:Peterbilt application on Microsoft Surface low quality.ogv - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Good point. But I don't think it's at the stage where the technology can be incorporated into furniture and other infrastructure manufacturing. One it becomes possible as well as practical in an engineering and economical sense, a new technological floodgate will be opened.

I hope RIM will be prepared for when that time comes.
    10-27-11 03:58 PM
    Microsoft has a similar video...

robsteve likes this.
    10-27-11 11:38 PM
    LOL, knowing RIM, this will never happen in a million years!
    I don't know. Look how far RIM has come in the last 10 years.
    Technology, especially mobile tech, is moving fast. Just because RIM slowed a little the last couple years doesn't mean they can't pick up the pace again. I think QNX is a solid foundation that will allow for some rapid development once they get the legacy stuff taken care of.
    10-27-11 11:51 PM
    I'm glad TAT took time out of their busy schedule to make this.

I do think it's cool but I've seen enough things like this on their site. They could be using their smarts for helping with RIM's problems right now.
    10-28-11 01:03 AM
    What did the RIM video really show, in terms of BB devices themselves? Sure, the administrator's job would be easier if the interface is done as shown. But, in terms of the device itself, they showed possible uses for NFC and front facing video chat. Hardly groundbreaking stuff. Most of it was possible future use of NFC, which is dependent on everyone but RIM.
    10-28-11 08:23 AM
    All I see here is ...
    QNX unified devices ...
    Balance control ...
    NFC apps ...
    wrapped in a beautiful UI and devices from 3 to 27 inches.
    (and some science fiction like external virtual keyboard)

All of this is straight in the line of what I understood and expect from RIM.
    But I ain't no fool, I also wonder how long is this line

Folks, be advised : this is not a promise from RIM with a timeframe (... never know ... ;-))
    10-28-11 08:36 AM
    I'll be the first to be on board that kind of technology when it's ready. Again I really believe RIM will get there, but it will take them 10 years or probably even more.
    10-28-11 09:53 AM
    I think the new interface, video chat, and most things other than the typing on the table are possible.

I do wonder what RIM is preparing for BBX. So far - there are no hints! Fair enough the OS2 for the Playbook is delayed, but that doesn't mean it won't be worth it.

I think RIM has woken up and good things are coming!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-11 02:29 PM
    Looks like RIM had the videos pulled.

Have you guys seen this?

I'm surprised at how advanced the technology is already
    sf49ers likes this.
    10-29-11 03:17 PM
    Looks like RIM had the videos pulled.

Have you guys seen this?

I'm surprised at how advanced the technology is already
    Watching that reminded me of how I thought one day we'd see "holographic" keyboards and the front facing camera could record your keystrokes as you typed. Which lead me to this video..

10-29-11 05:07 PM
    lol aight RIM...ya'll can post these kind of videos all u want..lets just see if the first BBX device is anything like this. Or will it be lacking autocorrect as well?

Surprise me RIM. Its your move
    10-29-11 06:30 PM
    Watching that reminded me of how I thought one day we'd see "holographic" keyboards and the front facing camera could record your keystrokes as you typed. Which lead me to this video..

again.. apple didn't invent this concept.. like the video above shows ...

smartphones are gonna be similar the more and more advanced technology gets... innovation will come from different smaller companies and these larger ones will incorporate them..

so the argument of "this phone copied this phone" will no longer be valid.. the options and features people want cannot be ignored and will probably be seen in all smartphones..

i.e. notifications.... BB, android and now iphones all have them.. it's a feature the consumer wants..
    11-01-11 09:17 AM
    again.. apple didn't invent this concept.. like the video above shows ...

smartphones are gonna be similar the more and more advanced technology gets... innovation will come from different smaller companies and these larger ones will incorporate them..

so the argument of "this phone copied this phone" will no longer be valid.. the options and features people want cannot be ignored and will probably be seen in all smartphones..

i.e. notifications.... BB, android and now iphones all have them.. it's a feature the consumer wants..
    I don't recall implying that Apple did invent that I just seen that video and thought it was pretty cool (as is the RIM one).

I agree with you that most of the smartphones will all have similiar features. It will just boil down to (as it does now), which one does them best for the end user.
    11-01-11 09:23 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD