I just received my Verizon Flip Pearl (8130 Flip). I don't think Verizon has annouced it yet, but if not it should be coming soon. Not sure what the color options will be, but mine came in Silver. I personally like the Black (T-Mobile Version) better. I will be testing it over the next few days and let you know how it does.

Just added the pic for the idiots below...
    Last edited by backberryinsider; 02-02-09 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Add Pictures
    02-02-09 04:42 PM
    This thread is useless without pictures!!!

(Unless they're there and I just can't see em from the wap)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 04:47 PM
    This thread is useless without pictures!!!

(Unless they're there and I just can't see em from the wap)

+1
    02-02-09 05:00 PM
    Hahaha I just didn't want to post that up and then I'm the fail because there are pics and I just can't see them from my bb!

But yeah I'm sure its the 8230 and will be hmmm either silver and red or silver and pink as color options!

02-02-09 05:09 PM
    for the original poster does it have wifi?
    02-02-09 05:31 PM
    Haha....from a poster who has one post and joined today. And called the pearl flip an 8130. If (read when) it comes to Verizon, it will probably be christened the 8230.

This post= Fail
    dont you look silly now
    02-02-09 05:38 PM
    dont you look silly now
    Eh...not really. Now that there are pics, I semi believe him/her...but I'll believe it when it's front page Crackberry news. Still says 8130....which is the traditional pearl. 8230 would be the flip. I would have even taken 8200, 8210, or 8220.
    Last edited by niubeav; 02-02-09 at 05:41 PM.
    02-02-09 05:39 PM
    How would niubeav look silly!? I'm confused here now!!!!

02-02-09 05:40 PM
    How would niubeav look silly!? I'm confused here now!!!!

Thanks for backing me up here dreamtobelieve. I'm glad how some people can see how they wouldn't believe someone that has originally no pics, just joined today, and had all of one post.
    02-02-09 05:43 PM
    ok, well thank you for the pictures, but honestly no need to call us idiots. If you want to boast about the new phone and such, pictures should have come to mind right off the bat.

and how about a picture of the OS and such that the phone will run? Whats the model # that it will be assigned, since im sure it will not be the 8130 AGAIN.

a little more information would help alot!
    02-02-09 05:45 PM
    Thanks for backing me up here dreamtobelieve. I'm glad how some people can see how they wouldn't believe someone that has originally no pics, just joined today, and had all of one post.
    no doubt!

Its their first post, they come acting like they know it all. I have never seen verizon reuse a model number, so i HIGHLY doubt they are calling it the 8130 flip.

hopefully more information will come.
    02-02-09 05:46 PM
    can you post a closer shot of the screen? I have the t-mo version and want to see if there are any major differences in looks besides the color on the bottom. thanks in advance.
    02-02-09 05:48 PM
    Personally the picture looks generic, like i could go on google, and have the same image in a few minutes...

OP, some more info please?
    02-02-09 05:53 PM
    Personally the picture looks generic, like i could go on google, and have the same image in a few minutes...

glad you posted that first.....thinkin the same thing here
    02-02-09 05:56 PM
    Yeah, well maybe more information will come, maybe not. This is the first I have really heard of it to be honest.
    02-02-09 05:59 PM
    Okay, enough with this soNOTfabfoolishness! Verizon does NOT have the new flip style Pearl.
    02-02-09 06:00 PM
    @blackberryinsider:

Thanks for posting the picture. I'm sure there are lots of folks that appreciate it on this board. Ignore the jerks. Some folks seem to think that just because they have a few 1,000 posts, it makes them the "right" to slam anyone new, regardless of the fact that insiders rarely post to avoid getting caught, and then they wonder why the "inside" information they get is junk.

Again, thanks for posting.
    02-02-09 06:40 PM
    Thanx BB insider,
    what's your impressions so far?
    what version OS is on it?
    02-02-09 06:49 PM

DreamtoBelieve and niubeaver... Since that is the case I have a little challange for you. Either one or both of you (you might need to work together) post a pic just as good as mine like you say. Go on Google, work your magic and post it. If its good as mine I will then post close-up of the screen, back, side and whatever else you want...even a video tour if you like. If you don't like the quality of the photo take it up with RIM for the crappy 3.2 camera. I took a quick shot and posted after the inital trash talk, no big deal. No matter how good your pic is, just know it took me all of 5 seconds to take and post, it will take you all night if you can even do what you say. Good luck.

To the other responses. This phone is identical to the T-Mobile version, except of course CDMA version on Verizon. There is no SIM slot for international roaming. Yes, the model is 8130 per the Verizon message that comes with the phone (to the idiots above, I will post that as well if you win the challange). Not sure why they would put that in the message and not go to market with it, but I guess anything is possible. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    02-02-09 09:19 PM
    ok, well thank you for the pictures, but honestly no need to call us idiots. If you want to boast about the new phone and such, pictures should have come to mind right off the bat.

and how about a picture of the OS and such that the phone will run? Whats the model # that it will be assigned, since im sure it will not be the 8130 AGAIN.

a little more information would help alot!
    I only call you idiots for your initial reponse. I signed up and posted in a hurry and was going to come back with some pics when I had a better camera handy. The ***** part comes from attacking me instead of just saying "Hey, would you mind posting some pics or video". That would have been great. I guess since I just signed up and have 1 posting I must know nothing, maybe just a great photoshop artist with no life, who knows. You guys/gals come on this site for the latest and greatest, soon as you get it all you can do is bash it. There is NO WAY Verizon could possibly come out with a Pearl Flip, that is such a crazy concept! Well, I work for Verizon and have the inside on a lot (know good people in high places). From your attack on my post I guess you either don't want to see anymore inside info from me or just need to show how much better you are with your thousands of postings.
    02-02-09 09:29 PM
    hey, backberryinsider-welcome to the crackberry world. over look the peps with the neg. comments. thanks for the info. off subject but have you got to test niagara yet?
    02-02-09 09:34 PM
    DreamtoBelieve and niubeaver... Since that is the case I have a little challange for you. Either one or both of you (you might need to work together) post a pic just as good as mine like you say. Go on Google, work your magic and post it. If its good as mine I will then post close-up of the screen, back, side and whatever else you want...even a video tour if you like. If you don't like the quality of the photo take it up with RIM for the crappy 3.2 camera. I took a quick shot and posted after the inital trash talk, no big deal. No matter how good your pic is, just know it took me all of 5 seconds to take and post, it will take you all night if you can even do what you say. Good luck.

To the other responses. This phone is identical to the T-Mobile version, except of course CDMA version on Verizon. There is no SIM slot for international roaming. Yes, the model is 8130 per the Verizon message that comes with the phone (to the idiots above, I will post that as well if you win the challange). Not sure why they would put that in the message and not go to market with it, but I guess anything is possible. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Welcome!
    I hope those "unbelievers" won't scare u away from this great site.
    I'm glade for your post as well as for your new phone. Hope u enjoy it.
    02-02-09 09:41 PM
    I believe it looks legit. Why not post some more pictures, OP? I'd like to see more. My mom's with Verizon and she's thinking of getting a BB. This may be the one for her.
    02-02-09 09:55 PM
    Thanks for the info, blackberryinsider. I, for one, am really looking forward to this phone. I use my phone for a phone mostly (I know that's hard to believe for most everyone here), and to read business emails during the day. Thats about it, no texting, myspace, facebook, etc. If I am replying to an email, I will do it from my computer in most cases.

How do you like the keyboard? I have had a Pearl for a couple of years, after it wore out I got a Storm, but I really would prefer a large numeric keypad, like on the Pearl Flip.

The other question I have has to do with stored contact dialing. When you start to dial by name, do all the name that start with those letters pop up?

Thanks in advance, and please ignore the know-it-alls on here. It's a wonder anyone new ever posts anything, with the way people attack nubes. Maybe that's why I have so few posts.
    02-02-09 09:57 PM
    To the OP....think of yourself in veteran crackberry-ers shoes. We see a sh!tton of this kind of a post every day. Everything from "Sprint is getting a touchscreen blackberry like the storm" to "My BFF Jill's cousin's sister's boyfriend's mom's cousin (who is a blackberry rep and a very reliable source) works for verizon and says that the 8930 is coming to verizon next week". Most of these posts are started by people who join the day they post, post no pictures, and only ever have one post.

While I commend you for posting a pic, please forgive the veteran members for being a little skeptical. We've seen these things pop up numerous time with no coraberated (sp) evidence.

I also don't think (and forgive me again) that any blackberry rep would let a pre release device out of his/her sight.

So again, please forgive me for coming off sounding harshly. Just try and see where I'm coming from. Welcome to the forums.

02-02-09 10:37 PM
93 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD