Hello all. I do not currently own a blackberry but I want to get the Blackberry Tour. The people at Verizon suggested I wait for the new phones coming out in November/December but they don't exactly know what is coming out. I read about the new Storm 2 but I dont want a touch screen. Have any of you heard of any other new ones? Do you suggest I wait?? Thank you for your help.
    10-25-09 11:04 AM
    Lets see here if we can break this down and help you out!

The Tour is available currently, great device and my favorite BlackBerry to date.

The Storm2 is coming out very soon, but will be all touch screen. If you are not a fan of touchscreen, that option is out for you anyways.

They will also be launching the BlackBerry 8530, which is very similar to the BlackBerry 8520 that T-Mobile launched. That device has a trackpad instead of a trackball and a different keyboard lay out.

If the Tour meets your needs, and you can do everything you need to on it, there is no need to wait. If you want to try the trackpad technology, there is no aniticipated release date, so the wait could be a while or not so long.

Overall, dont listen to others, make the choice for yourself, if it meets what you are looking for, it is a great device, and I wouldnt hesitate to purchase it!
    10-25-09 11:07 AM
    Thank you. I think I would rather a track ball instead of a track pad. I would just hate it if I got the Tour and they came out with a new updated Tour. I guess that's what I'm worried about.
    10-25-09 11:10 AM
    No worries, the next release with a QWERTY keyboard is the one discussed above with the trackpad.

Its always easy to want the latest and greatest, but just because something is newer, doesnt make it better for everyone.
    10-25-09 11:12 AM
    My suggestion is to go with the Tour, the 8530 is a pretty good BB, but the 9630 is better...
    10-25-09 11:13 AM
    The Tour 9630 is the one I plan on getting. Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.
    10-25-09 11:21 AM
    There is, allegedly, a version of the Tour coming out in the near future - said to have a trackpad and WiFi. The Essex maybe?
    10-25-09 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD