Okay, I currently have a T-Mobile pay-as-you-go plan on a BlackBerry Pearl 8100 and I wanted to know if I am capable of using BlackBerry Messenger. By the way, I did not by this phone new, I bought it used, with the battery, media card, and charger. I have been trying to get it to work but no luck so far. Please someone help me out here, the main question is, Can a BlackBerry Pearl 8100 with a pay-as-you-go T-Mobile plan use BlackBerry Messenger?
    07-26-09 11:59 PM
    You need a data plan to use bbm. Without that bbm won't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 12:01 AM
    I don't know a lot about T-mobile but I'm afraid your out of luck. From what I understand you can't. Maybe someone will be able to tell you a way around it but I don't think so.
    07-27-09 12:02 AM
    I guess it depends...what is "pay as you go"?? The voice plan or the data? If the data is pay as you go (never heard of that), then yes, but you'd get charged for transfers of data while using BBM.
    07-27-09 12:04 AM
    I guess it depends...what is "pay as you go"?? The voice plan or the data? If the data is pay as you go (never heard of that), then yes, but you'd get charged for transfers of data while using BBM.
    so how would i set it up and get it working, or would it be automatic?
    07-27-09 12:05 AM
    is bbm even worth it?
    07-27-09 12:06 AM
    Again, I have no idea what you're paying for as you go. You may have a data connection blocked on your device to avoid outrageous charges.

Is BBM worth it? Interesting question. Most BB users have unlimited data plans, so BBM used without thought of it's worth, cause since it's free, of course it's worth it. If you pay for data usage based on MB, then no, you'd be insane to use it. Then again, I don't understand having a BB without a data plan anyway.
    07-27-09 12:08 AM
    whats a better phone to have with a pre-paid service?
    07-27-09 12:12 AM
    I would think a basic flip? But I don't know, cause I don't do prepaid, and I'm a blackberry user.
    07-27-09 12:15 AM
    is bbm even worth it?

If you have contacts, it is i'am sure..
    07-27-09 12:15 AM
    Bbm is very worth for me. I never used it at first, then I started adding contacts and now its fantastic. I can talk freely with friends all over the country.

07-27-09 12:26 AM
    BBM is a great application and I use it daily, but you're not going to have access to it without a Data Plan. And you're not going to get a Data Plan on a Pay as You Go Program. If there was such a thing, it would cost you more to pay as you go for the data than the regular Data Plan and Basic Service would cost you. If you want the full experience of a Blackberry you'll need to upgrade. I can't see having a BB without a Data Plan..... But that is just my opinion... shared by many, but mine.
    07-27-09 01:19 AM
    It will work with some pay as you go plans. You will ha ve to pay extra though.
    07-27-09 01:37 AM
    Yeah def get the data plan otherwise u will be screwed with kilo charges! And yeah bbm is def worth it (if u have a lot of friends with bbs and that actually use bbm) a lot of my friends have bbs but are oblivious to bbm. Just call tmobile and they'll walk you through it.

07-27-09 01:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD