Hi,
    Recently required an ex workphone (8900), and have succesfully removed the IT policy from following this site.
    Its currently locked to Vodaphone and am looking at purchasing a code to allow me to use the 02 Network.
    Once I have done this, do I just phone them up to get a blackberry data plan to be able to use bbm + browser? Would they need proof of purchase of the phone, bearing in mind its still technically a company phone?
    Thanks for your time
    05-01-11 05:51 AM
    Before purchasing an unlock, contact the seller, and see if they can get it unlocked for you for free. Once unlocked, call your carrier, and they will set you up. You'll need the IMEI for the phone, which is easily accessed in Options->Status.
    05-01-11 06:06 AM
    Before purchasing an unlock, contact the seller, and see if they can get it unlocked for you for free. Once unlocked, call your carrier, and they will set you up. You'll need the IMEI for the phone, which is easily accessed in Options->Status.
    Thanks for the reply, Its technically owned by a large company but have been given authority by a manager within to have it.
    Just spoke to a online help desk with Vodaphone and she seemed to think I just need to pruchase a sim card and put it in, without pairing the phone up, but Im not sure thats true.
    05-01-11 06:23 AM
    Putting in another carrier's SIM may get you cell service, but no data. In order for it to work properly on another network, it will have to be unlocked first. Did they give you the phone, sell it to you, or just grant you permission to use it?
    05-01-11 06:33 AM
    Yeh I understand it requires to be unlocked for it to be worked on another network. But what im not sure on is, can a blackberry data plan sim card just be placed in any blackberry to fully work? Or does it need to be set up to that sim, hence do I need proof its actually mine?
    An employee left in the company which resulted in the phone no longer being required, with the manager just giving it to me instead.
    Thanks for your time
    05-01-11 06:48 AM
    Meh, I've been told I have no life outside CrackBerry, and aim to prove them right.

Once it's unlocked, just call the carrier, and they can activate the phone on their network. As long as it hasn't been reported stolen, who owns it should be of no importance to them.
    05-01-11 07:07 AM
    Thanks verry much!
    05-01-11 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD