I just had received my 8130 in the mail after waiting a week and a half for the stupid At&t people to send it...but heres what I need from my fellow Curve buddies...what are some good sites to get some free apps besides this one and what are some good free apps to add to make the 8130 more pleasurable.... I just bought it cause my treo 650 which i loved cause of the touch screen and easy to use was messing up.Everyone i know has been telling me this phone is awsome..i have played around a little with it..hiding all the buy ringtones or buy themes but thats about it. any help will be much appreaciated

Thanks
    John
    07-20-08 12:14 PM
    There is a thread here (you might want to do a search - I don't have the link for you) that lists a ton of apps with links

Congrtas on your new berry and welcome to CB!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-20-08 12:16 PM
    Welcome to to CB I am a fellow Treo convert. There are plenty of free apps on this site, at the BB site, and if you look on google you will find plenty.
    07-20-08 12:17 PM
    Welcome to CB and this is the link michelle and brotha
    are talking about.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/
    07-20-08 12:20 PM
    I just had received my 8130 in the mail after waiting a week and a half for the stupid At&t people to send it...but heres what I need from my fellow Curve buddies...what are some good sites to get some free apps besides this one and what are some good free apps to add to make the 8130 more pleasurable.... I just bought it cause my treo 650 which i loved cause of the touch screen and easy to use was messing up.Everyone i know has been telling me this phone is awsome..i have played around a little with it..hiding all the buy ringtones or buy themes but thats about it. any help will be much appreaciated

Thanks
    John
    Use the search tool on this site to answer the majority of your questions. Read up on the forums about your pearl, and before you know it you will have mastered the thing. For right now do this: go to media>options>and set reserved memory to 0. This will give you an extra 2mg memory. You need to read up about the memory on your device, and how to get the most. You are in the right spot...
    07-20-08 12:21 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    07-20-08 12:21 PM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!
    07-20-08 12:25 PM
    Congrats on your new Curve!

07-20-08 12:25 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!! Enjoy your stay!!
    07-20-08 12:27 PM
    thank you all...i will do a search and all for the apps..but what all programs are you running? i just played the disc in the comp and got the desktop helper on...so i am rolling already..hope its all easy to use...i think i am going to be hesitant about placing the treo 650 on ebay but i know i dont need it anymore. just bought a micro sd 2gb offa ebay too....i guess that was a good move for music and a vid or 2 right?
    07-20-08 12:30 PM
    Congrats on your Curve
    Great device in my opinion
    07-20-08 12:46 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!
    07-20-08 01:02 PM
    thank you all...i will do a search and all for the apps..but what all programs are you running? i just played the disc in the comp and got the desktop helper on...so i am rolling already..hope its all easy to use...i think i am going to be hesitant about placing the treo 650 on ebay but i know i dont need it anymore. just bought a micro sd 2gb offa ebay too....i guess that was a good move for music and a vid or 2 right?
    Wait, you got a 8130 or a 8310? I'm confused... :s
    07-20-08 01:08 PM
    An 8130 would be a Pearl. The 83xx versions are Curves.

Welcome to cb

07-20-08 01:16 PM
    my bad....8310...lol same one in ur avatar
    07-20-08 01:17 PM
    Yea for you! Welcome to CB! You can do so much with this device that you won't be calling it a phone for long, ha-ha.

07-20-08 01:23 PM
    Pearl/Curve--whateva! I'm confused.
    Welcome to CrackBerry!
    07-20-08 01:24 PM
    Hey hey hey! Welcome and enjoy!

07-20-08 01:30 PM
    Very Nice! Welcome to CB!

07-20-08 01:45 PM
    i do appreciate the welcomes but what apps are you all using..? or have added that have helped you all out? right now i got the cd loaded and all..now i am trying to made more space by getting rid of some of the default images and audio..there a way? and adding a new one...i got lucky and got a micro sd card 2gb offa ebay for 10 bucks
    07-20-08 02:30 PM
    for cool apps on your Curve you might check the forum, there are some really good threads about the "must-have apps", well it's been SO useful to me...

just briefly (for my use only, you'd like to check on other users -I'm just a newbie ):
    Viigo as THE RSS reader
    Google Maps
    JiveTalk as IM app
    Facebook app for BB
    Maratick as a better To-Do app and a "Make Tick Off List" app
    If you're on Twitter there's Twitterberry also...

that's it for me, BB messenger and e-mails are just enough for me (I go with the BB Browser too, I don't need Opera Mini, but you might prefer it...) all of these can be found on Google via your BB Browser, at least it worked for me... THANKS AGAIN CRACKBERRY!!!

07-20-08 03:54 PM
    is there a way to delete all the default ringtones they give you? most are lame and annoying..also when i wanna place games on there from my computer i have for it for the 8310 how do i place those on and can i use the device manager for that?
    07-20-08 04:41 PM
    can't help you out with device manager... I'm on a mac and all I do about apps, I do it Over The Air... sorry...

But your preloaded ringtones (just like Wallpapers) might be locked... And I'm too new to be able to help you with that... On my BB I have these too... There are not so big in memory... And that's a part of your BB identity
    07-20-08 04:48 PM
    hmm...well 10 bucks for a 2gb micro sd is a good deal correct? and that should get me a couple little vids and songs right?
    07-20-08 06:14 PM
    welcome to cb !
    07-20-08 06:25 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD