Ok folks, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the trackballs going into the new BlackBerry models...

Lets hear it! Good? Bad? Easy to use? Or pain in the butt?
    04-09-07 09:06 AM
    I had the blackberry 8700c and switched to the blackberry pearl . It took me sometime to get adjusted to the trackball. i called it scroll wheel withdrawls. i would find myself moving my thumb over the right side when reading emails. it was habbit. Overall after adjusting to it i like it but i often wish that i still had the scroll wheel it was a quite effective method for navigation!
    04-09-07 09:57 AM
    I have owned several BB with the scroll wheel (7520, 7100i) and the Pearl is the best yet for navigation.
    04-09-07 10:00 AM
    I agree, the trackball is the best yet. It makes navigating on the BB much easier.
    04-09-07 11:16 AM
    To me it's ok, EXCEPT from time to time pressing on it to select 'ok'or something hurts. I suppose people just getuse to it...
    04-09-07 11:20 AM
    I get the point about the navigation with the trackball, especially on web pages however, I tried the 8800 (not a demo unit) for awhile and even though I got used to it and adjusted the sensitivity, I missed my clickwheel. I find the clickwheel fast and very easy to use. I also like the feel of the 8700 -more sturdy - than the 8800. I have a feeling however, sadly, that the clickwheel is going to be a way of the past in the future - :<(
    04-09-07 11:43 AM
    ...in another post, I love the Trackwheel having played for some while with a trackball, but i am worried that i will be forced to move over to an 8800 or 8300 and have no option.... I love the look and feel of the trackball but i just made myself dizzy navigating....
    04-09-07 01:11 PM
    Ok folks, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the trackballs going into the new BlackBerry models...

Lets hear it! Good? Bad? Easy to use? Or pain in the butt?
    It's not too hard to get used to, plus you can go vertical and horizontal! Once you get the hang of it, it makes navigation a lot easier.
    04-10-07 04:46 AM
    I have the 8703e and love the navigaton with the click wheel. My fiancee has the pearl and have used it for a day. I don't like it as much, I find overall my 8703e feels my durable and sturdy like some have said. Like most I think we will see the click wheel a thing of the past. I prefer as of now the click wheel. I personally didn't like the trackwheel's sensitivity, but to defend it, it does look cooler and feels nice, but functionally I don't think it is as good as the clickwheel. Again, I may change my ways if I switch, I may just be used too my clickwheel.
    04-10-07 04:38 PM
    To be fair, the sensitivity of the trackball is adjustable to your liking.
    04-10-07 06:44 PM
    I moved from 8700 to 8800 recently. I find the trackball to be an excellent tool.
    04-19-07 09:50 AM
    Thanks andy_k98, another vote for the trackball. Welcome to Crackberry.com!
    04-19-07 04:43 PM
    I have the 8703e. When I was evaulating which BB to get I was trying to hold out for a trackball model from VZW. Some day it will be offered. I must say though, I don't mind the wheel at all. I don't use it that often as I much prefer to use the SPACEBAR to scroll up and down and the ENTER key to select items. I don't see what the trackball will buy me except an easier way to Select text and an alternative for those who feel they are LEFT-Thumbed. -smile-
    04-20-07 03:39 AM
    04-20-07 07:07 AM
    Seems funny to read this now we have trackpads, hehe.

Now everybody thinks the trackballs are a PITA!
    05-23-10 03:49 AM
    It is funny to read these posts from 2007. But I still prefer the trackball over the trackpad. My argument for that would sound much like the above for the trackwheel. Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-10 09:56 AM
    It is funny to read these posts from 2007. But I still prefer the trackball over the trackpad. My argument for that would sound much like the above for the trackwheel. Lol.

I dont like the trackball. I had to clean mine every week.
    05-23-10 10:12 AM
    I dont like the trackball. I had to clean mine every week.
    Yea I had the Pearl and 8900. Do not like the trackball. I did when I first got the phones! Then the very intelligently trackpad came out and the trackball was dead in the water. But overall its fun to see the evolution!

05-23-10 10:26 AM
    a 3 year old thread?
    05-23-10 12:18 PM
    For me at the moment, I like the trackball. I can't really form a opinion on the trackpad as I have not used the trackpad as of yet on any other BB. When I go with the upgrade to a new bb, I can honestly compare between the two and decide which is better.
    05-23-10 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD