This really pisses me off. I have seen many people that work their still using BB and they had Thorsten on the show before. So why are they not supporting Blackberry.

Post on their facebook page that we want a today show app just like everyone else.
    08-08-13 08:32 AM
    But BB10 probably make up 0.01% of the installed worldwide user base and only a slimmer 0.0001% will download the app. So it's kind of understandable

Posted via CB10
    trinichindian likes this.
    08-08-13 09:15 AM
    Another American company not providing for BlackBerry, American news as well. Typical.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 09:21 AM
    MS and NBC have long had a relationship, which in large part explains the WP app. Other than that, it's the usual iOS and Android that you see everywhere. (The Kindle Fire was obviously thrown in because there are a ton of them out there, and though they're Android-based, they can't access Google Play.) Why would any American developer make the effort to develop an app for a smartphone platform that has only a 1% market share in America?
    08-08-13 10:06 AM
    Not having a Today Show app is a positive
    08-08-13 10:09 AM
    So basically we should just give up on BlackBerry because no us developer will ever bother making apps for them?

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 11:23 AM
    So basically we should just give up on BlackBerry because no us developer will ever bother making apps for them?

Posted via CB10
    That's a decision you'll have to make for yourself. Some people don't care that much about apps, or certain apps that aren't available on BB10. They're apparently happy with the status quo, and don't care if it never changes.

Others have seen the writing on the wall app-wise and have left the platform.

Life goes on.
    08-08-13 11:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    What you choose to do is up to you, but don't expect a company to cater their apps specifically to you, especially if it does not make fiscal sense.
    Consider the 10.2 update with Android Runtime update may very well run the Today Show Android app flawlessly. Why would any company create a redundant app for BB10?
    08-08-13 11:29 AM
    If we don't speak up and ask for it then they will certainly never make one.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3310921) likes this.
    08-08-13 11:34 AM
    That's a decision you'll have to make for yourself. Some people don't care that much about apps, or certain apps that aren't available on BB10. They're apparently happy with the status quo, and don't care if it never changes.

Others have seen the writing on the wall app-wise and have left the platform.

Life goes on.
    Pretty much.

What tickles me are posts like one I read recently. The poster was irate at his/her bank for not supporting BBRY. Solution? He/she was going to quit the bank.

To be clear, this person wasn't dumping the bank because of insane rates, or bad customer service.

So, if you quit shows (not saying that's what you're doing OP), quit banks, coffee, movie streaming service, news service, friends, spouse, etc over apps, maybe the problem isn't with the entities, or America.
    08-08-13 11:35 AM
    Why not go the extra inch and just port the app? This is the disappointing thing about it. They do not need to rewrite anything....

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 11:36 AM
    Let 'em know you want an app . . .or no . . .?
    Email Today Show
    Today Show Timeline Photos
    08-08-13 11:46 AM
    Why not go the extra inch and just port the app? This is the disappointing thing about it. They do not need to rewrite anything....

Posted via CB10
    not all apps will port successfully. your making big assumptions that they haven't tried to port it. maybe they did and it doesn't port? maybe it did but was poor, maybe they are waiting for 10.2 for the 4.0 port, maybe they aren't aware you can port.

many reasons why you shouldn't ever assume stuff
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-08-13 11:52 AM
    . . .everyone will simply complain here in this thread where it doesn't matter. . .
    08-08-13 11:55 AM
    I know, just forgot for a moment that 10.2 is not out yet.... Would be sad if they didn't know that you can simply port it

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 12:52 PM
    Not sure I want the app, but on the show they said it was for ALL smart phones.

Posted via CB10
    08-08-13 02:43 PM