I have a funny feeling that there will be a new Android Tablet out very soon. John Chen's " other " devices that they have coming out soon.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 12:48 PM
    I'm hoping for a BlackBerry tablet as well, and hopefully a wearable device

Posted via CB10
    11-17-15 12:54 PM
    Knowing BlackBerry....end of next year

Posted via CB10
    BlackGuy likes this.
    11-19-15 12:50 AM
    I have a funny feeling that there will be a new Android Tablet out very soon. John Chen's " other " devices that they have coming out soon.

Posted via CB10
    I cannot see it - as hard as the mobile space is - the Tablet space is worse especially given that the rise of larger mobiles is causing stagnation.
    11-19-15 04:25 AM
    BlackBerry ain't gonna make anything for android that don't have a pkb until they gain some of the market.

It's the only thing they have to differentiate themselves from the bajillion android devices out there. I think Chen has learned not make something that isn't gonna sell, whether it's a good concept or not

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639
    11-20-15 06:32 AM
    Why would Blackberry make an Android tablet. MAYBE, and I repeat Maybe, with a physical keyboard and the width the size of the Passport but on a 3:2 aspect ratio. Well I guess I have a nice idea here. A tablet the size of the Passport with a 3:2 aspect ratio and the silver edition finishing...

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 07:07 AM
    I would have waited for the for a Sailfish Secure powered tablet from Jolla, but they seem to have trouble:
    Jolla Laying Off at Least Half the Staff Due to Financial Difficulties

And then I would have waited for the tablet announced from Silent Circle early 2015, but they are totally quiet now.

So, at the moment, whatever BlackBerry will release, there is a very good chance that I will buy their tablet.

I know it's unlikely, but if they would bring BB10 to the tablet, oh, I could keep my apps and...
    11-20-15 08:56 AM
    I would have waited for the for a Sailfish Secure powered tablet from Jolla, but they seem to have trouble:
    Jolla Laying Off at Least Half the Staff Due to Financial Difficulties

And then I would have waited for the tablet announced from Silent Circle early 2015, but they are totally quiet now.

So, at the moment, whatever BlackBerry will release, there is a very good chance that I will buy their tablet.

I know it's unlikely, but if they would bring BB10 to the tablet, oh, I could keep my apps and...
    The Tablet market is disappearing.... it's basically the iPad market now - at least in the US. Otherwise it's a few Android and Windows tablets fighting over the sub $150 users.

As for Jolla and Sailfish.... same issues as BB10. Without the Apps (easy to get and fully working), it's just a nice OS. A few low end OEM's have picked up Sailfish for phones in India and Russia, but with Android being "free" how do you compete? Even people buying $50 phones want apps, and while there is a market for 1st time buyers that don't know any better than to buy a phone with a fringe OS with limited compatibility to mainstream apps. That isn't something to build your business on when Android is in the same market.

I remember that Sailfish, Firefox, Tizen and Ubuntu Touch were all suppose to come out about the same time as BB10... and while some have seen some limited success. Sadly BB10 was the most successful and it is now on the chopping block. I think only Tizen has the backing to keep it going for a while, but I bet it ends up being used more on other smart devices than on smart phones.
    11-23-15 08:06 AM
    iPad market in general but the Microsoft surface is making a dent in the iPad market
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and BBeast like this.
    11-23-15 08:17 AM
    The Tablet market is disappearing.... it's basically the iPad market now - at least in the US. Otherwise it's a few Android and Windows tablets fighting over the sub $150 users.

As for Jolla and Sailfish.... same issues as BB10. Without the Apps (easy to get and fully working), it's just a nice OS. A few low end OEM's have picked up Sailfish for phones in India and Russia, but with Android being "free" how do you compete? Even people buying $50 phones want apps, and while there is a market for 1st time buyers that don't know any better than to buy a phone with a fringe OS with limited compatibility to mainstream apps. That isn't something to build your business on when Android is in the same market.

I remember that Sailfish, Firefox, Tizen and Ubuntu Touch were all suppose to come out about the same time as BB10... and while some have seen some limited success. Sadly BB10 was the most successful and it is now on the chopping block. I think only Tizen has the backing to keep it going for a while, but I bet it ends up being used more on other smart devices than on smart phones.

It's all true, I think, but in the end it will depends on whether the BBRY user base (BBOS, BB10, Android) demands a tablet.
    Well, I do want to buy a new tablet (primarily because I want to build up a eBook library, but not with my PlayBook).

Next question is, why can Silent Circle release a tablet (at least they're still saying that they are working on it), although their user base is still magnitudes smaller?

A tablet can tie your customer also to your other products.
    I mean, if I would ever buy and iPad, then I would probably also buy an iPhone and a Mac.
    It's a very attractive option actually, because of iCloud and the best apps ecosystem.

If I would buy a BlackPhone tablet, then I would probably also replace my BB10 device with the BlackPhone 2 in the long term.
    11-23-15 09:58 AM
    It's all true, I think, but in the end it will depends on whether the BBRY user base (BBOS, BB10, Android) demands a tablet.
    Well, I do want to buy a new tablet (primarily because I want to build up a eBook library, but not with my PlayBook).

Next question is, why can Silent Circle release a tablet (at least they're still saying that they are working on it), although their user base is still magnitudes smaller?

A tablet can tie your customer also to your other products.
    I mean, if I would ever buy and iPad, then I would probably also buy an iPhone and a Mac.
    It's a very attractive option actually, because of iCloud and the best apps ecosystem.

If I would buy a BlackPhone tablet, then I would probably also replace my BB10 device with the BlackPhone 2 in the long term.
    I agree that a Table is part of any successful mobile device platform.... think the iPad opened the door for the iPhone in the enterprise market.

The thing is the Android platform has a wide variety of tablets already, I don't see room for a $800+, 7" BlackBerry tablet with a secure boot ROM and very little else to differentiate it from all the rest.
    11-23-15 10:41 AM
    I have been thinking about a replacement for my old Xperia S but its not a big deal. The only thing missing is bringing over Bridge to a kitkat or higher os.
    01-17-16 08:19 PM
    I hope in something totally different and new that cracks the market.

The old demod� tablet thing is already dead.

Be innovative, BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 05:55 PM
    I hope in something totally different and new that cracks the market.

The old demod� tablet thing is already dead.

Be innovative, BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    With their RD budget... don't count on it.
    01-19-16 03:42 PM
    With their RD budget... don't count on it.
    R&D budget was $711 million USD last year.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-16 11:26 AM
    Knowing BlackBerry....end of next year

Posted via CB10
    "coming soon..."
    01-20-16 01:58 PM
    R&D budget was $711 million USD last year.

Posted via CB10
    Yes... last year, which was 2014/2015 for BlackBerry. This year with three quarters reported they have only spent $361 Million, and last quarter it was down to only $100 million a quarter. That is pocket change compared to their competition is able to pour into R&D. And most of that R&D was probable focused on software (and not smartphone software). From what they have said, hardware design has been turned over to the 3rd party manufactures... kinda hard to "crack the market" when you are just trying to keep up.

Chen is still "cutting" in order to balance the books....
    01-20-16 02:20 PM
    Posted via CB10
    02-07-16 12:08 PM
    BlackBerry ain't gonna make anything for android that don't have a pkb until they gain some of the market.

It's the only thing they have to differentiate themselves from the bajillion android devices out there. I think Chen has learned not make something that isn't gonna sell, whether it's a good concept or not

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639
    And that's why they will never gain Market Share. All due to this failed thinking and mentality.
    02-10-16 02:22 AM
    BlackBerry creating a new playbook? Lol give your head a shake! I feel sorry for the devoted paying $600+ for those original ones! Android BlackBerry phones? Maybe but not another tablet fiasco!

Blackberry Passport Running 10.3.2.2813
    02-10-16 02:45 AM
    Droid tablets kill the app gap and with share plans and tethering becoming common place, along with cheap droid tablets from everywhere...whats the problem?

Could Foxcon build us a cheap Blackberry droid or Priv tablet? Lets hope so!
    Ill buy a Priv tablet ASAP!
    02-18-16 06:22 PM
    http://www.cnet.com/news/blackberry-...ting-a-tablet/

There is this. I would buy it since I need a Tablet and I prefer the same manufacturer for my devices.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-29-16 02:02 PM
    http://www.cnet.com/news/blackberry-...ting-a-tablet/

There is this. I would buy it since I need a Tablet and I prefer the same manufacturer for my devices.

That article is a year old. I'm not sure if Chen would admit to dreaming of a tablet these days.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-16 11:50 AM
    Who knows. Might be on the cards. They should beg Google for a nexus line though if they want some sales on Android grounds

03-02-16 03:03 AM
    not sure whether the tablet market is a good venture at this point. I think a better bet would be to create a subscription based BB software suite for windows and android tablets
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-10-16 06:38 PM
33 12