If you go to blackberry.com, there are 4 new ads for OS7. The new ads seem pretty nice. What do you guys think? Hopefully a full on ad campaign comes out on TV too.
    10-18-11 10:30 PM
    unfortunately, given that RIM is pre-announcing the **** out of BBX they are going to cut the sales of os7 phones off at the knees..
    if there is one thing they need to learn from apple it is to keep quiet and simply deliver with a big splash.
    10-19-11 08:05 AM
    Most people who need a phone will go get a phone, not wait 6 months to a year for something else. Only tech geeks do that, or they buy one now and buy again when that's out. Some reason I don't see my mom saying she's going to wait to see what iOS 6, BBX or Android 5 brings next before she buys...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    bermont and Jake Storm like this.
    10-19-11 12:19 PM
    buy now, buy again later. the wait will never be over in tech world.
    10-20-11 12:55 AM
    Thanks for the heads up. I only watched the one tjay said go with the feeling. Had a guy at a drawing table, and the couple at the end.

Not really feeling that ad at all. The narration was dry and boring. Just showed people looking down at their devices and tried to show gestures. Blah.

I really like http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-video-660064/ ad.

I love Subaru commercials and would like to see something similar from RIM.
    10-20-11 06:04 AM
    The "Welcome to the BlackBerry Family" commercial is still my favourite...
    http://crackberry.com/welcome-blackb...-devices-india
    10-20-11 09:38 PM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    RIM needs to deliver a solid bug free Playbook 2.0 and couple that with a very impressive ad and marketing campaign! ... and all before the Christmas time period!!
    10-20-11 10:15 PM
    I was surprised to see one on TV here in the US about a month ago for the new Bold. It was something about keyboard and touch "in perfect harmony". It had a classical music piece playing in the background. I liked the message but the classical music setting is definitely not in touch with the mainstream. More like a Mercedes commercial, lol.
    10-20-11 10:22 PM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I love the new ads. They are proof to the changes in RIM regarding marketing. Good start, I hope the rest will follow.
    good to see they are making the necessary adjustments in all areas of their business ....
    they still have a great base and a great flagship product in Bold 9900 and Playbook which will only get better ... build on it!!
    10-24-11 10:10 PM
    With the new BBX platform..... I would like to see a best of both worlds or This is not your Boss's BlackBerry type ad campaigns.... Show it's strong security and communication past and it's new bright gaming and media future
    10-25-11 09:04 AM
    unfortunately, given that RIM is pre-announcing the **** out of BBX they are going to cut the sales of os7 phones off at the knees..
    if there is one thing they need to learn from apple it is to keep quiet and simply deliver with a big splash.
    Apple's announcements are mainstream news. RIM's announcements tech blog fodder. BBX isn't going to deter 99% of potential buyers one way or the other, because 99% of potential buyers don't know OS5 from OS6 from OS7. They simply know that a BlackBerry is a Blackberry.
    10-25-11 10:56 AM
    Apple's announcements are mainstream news. RIM's announcements tech blog fodder. BBX isn't going to deter 99% of potential buyers one way or the other, because 99% of potential buyers don't know OS5 from OS6 from OS7. They simply know that a BlackBerry is a Blackberry.
    Spot on imo, in fact its embarassing how quiet RIM keeps its launches and the awereness of its products.
    It needs to up its marketing if it really wants to slug it out with android/apple
    They should be trying to bring awareness to the potential of a pairing like the 9900 and the playbook- two very good and capable products which should meet most peoples computing needs at home and on the move.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-11 04:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD