No, I didn't insult anyone.
    Actually, the word "delusion" is an antonym of "fact".
    It may not be utterly friendly, but it is a far cry from being insulting.

Talking about the discussions with Belfast in the way you do, clearly shows your bias.
    Please post the links to the 2-3 threads and let the guys decide who want to reread a 60 pages thread.

I provided facts to everything I said, and Belfast back then, as you are doing right now, tried to contradict facts with opinion.
    There was no "hounding".

Your bias shows, because you, like Belfast, believe that BBOS is sooooo awesome.
    The facts contradict that, for 97% of consumers.

Therefore the point still stands:
    If you can't contradict what I said with facts, either accept it, or stay quiet.

You just described BBOS. See the graph in the post above.

Posted via CB10
    That's just it, you won't even accept you're insulting someone when it's fairly plain.
    You did the same to belfast, now i don't always agree with him, and have had some serious disagreements in the past, but in those threads your insulting dismissive attitude shone through and you were more and more insulting and dismissive, while hiding behind cut and pasted articles or figures to try and appear clever. Just as you're doing now.
    It was rotten then and it's rotten now.
    I don't think bbos was sooooo awesome. If i did i would never have left.
    But if development on that and bb10 stopped todayn, and went no further, bbos would be a more complete os by far, purely because of how long it's been around.
    Anyway, it feels pretty pointless trying to have a grown up discussion with you.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 11:09 AM
    But if development on that and bb10 stopped todayn, and went no further, bbos would be a more complete os by far, purely because of how long it's been around.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, that BBOS would be more complete under a certain POV.

What you fail to adress though, is that the potential growth and the already realised growth in terms of marketshare, is negativ for BBOS and BES.

BBOS already proved to be a failure if we leave behind the rose tinted CB glasses.
    The marketplace, after a lot of years, left the platform behind.

The potential growth for BB10 is still a "?" and BES10 offers far more potential in a BYOD environment.
    A movement that is accelerating and already destroyed BlackBerry's stranglehold in the enterprise sector.

If a company that would like to buy BlackBerry or certain parts of it has to decide between an already failed OS and a therefore far depreciated BES solution and one where there is an OS that still has potential and a MDM solution that can cater to the needs a BYOD environment creates, then the logical conclusion is definitely not to keep BBOS and BES (opposed to BES10).

To keep the hardware division, no matter if it is BBOS or BB10, without having very deep pockets, seems extremely unlikely.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 02:35 PM
    I agree, that BBOS would be more complete under a certain POV.

What you fail to adress though, is that the potential growth and the already realised growth in terms of marketshare, is negativ for BBOS and BES.

BBOS already proved to be a failure if we leave behind the rose tinted CB glasses.
    The marketplace, after a lot of years, left the platform behind.

The potential growth for BB10 is still a "?" and BES10 offers far more potential in a BYOD environment.
    A movement that is accelerating and already destroyed BlackBerry's stranglehold in the enterprise sector.

If a company that would like to buy BlackBerry or certain parts of it has to decide between an already failed OS and a therefore far depreciated BES solution and one where there is an OS that still has potential and a MDM solution that can cater to the needs a BYOD environment creates, then the logical conclusion is definitely not to keep BBOS and BES (opposed to BES10).

To keep the hardware division, no matter if it is BBOS or BB10, without having very deep pockets, seems extremely unlikely.

Posted via CB10
    I agree.
    At this point, i think it's fair to say bb7 is unlikely to be a takeover target, much as I'd like it to be.
    Unfortunately, i don't think bb10 is that attractive either, as it seems to need a lot of work to get functions and features added in.

I suppose really, the most attractive parts of BlackBerry are the patents and some aspects of their software. Not bb10 in its current form, but the underpinnings and it's potential.

It will take someone with deep pockets to make something of it all, and from my point of view, the sad part is bb10 adopters are unlikely to see the profit from any takeover and major changes.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 02:50 PM
    Are you guys really still pretending that other devices aren't "productive?" The blinders have to come off sometime. iOS, Android, and WP devices are just as, if not more productive than, BlackBerries. AND they are able to entertain as well.

If BB was truly the only smartphone capable of doing productive work, you wouldn't see executives, doctors, lawyers, educators, etc. using all sortd of others. This type of thinking is what first put BB on the downslide. You can't gnore the strengths of your competition and expect to stay relevant.
    Nobody's pretending if it's valid and now you accusing of blinders? In many organizations, messaging is #1 in communication. Most decisions are now being made through e-mails and documents so records have made out of this for accountability to shareholders (private) and citizens (government and public agencies). Quick turnaround is required too. Accuracy and security is very critical here.

I own all platforms out there and I will say that the amount of time I spend typing either long or short messages to correct the mistakes and mistakes from auto-correct on non-BlackBerry platforms have been ridiculously time consuming. That's why QWERTY physical keyboards are far more superior especially if you don't want to waste a lot of time or send incorrect documents/messages. That's why I left Windows Mobile and Android (yes even despite having the latest Swiftkey keyboard) because I couldn't take it anymore as my work requires lengthy e-mails or working on office documents that BlackBerry had nicely excelled in meeting these basic requirements with a user friendly and ergonomic keyboard and built in Office docs app. I never wanted to back to touchscreen if my job depended on these basic business needs. Well, to my surprise, BlackBerry managed to provide the best ever and most efficient and accurate virtual keyboard experience that completely changed my mind about touchscreen typing.

How about the Message (of the Hub in BB10) integrated app? The fact that it could integrate all types of messaging (multiple email accounts/Text/BBM into a single app made everything efficient and as a result more productive.

With Documents to Go baked into BlackBerry devices, that allows for document creation and editing in most Microsoft Office dominated organizations and it's free and managed by BlackBerry rather than a 3rd party developer.

BES provided IT mobile device administrators with very good mobile device management and also protection for theft/loss.

The phone had great battery life, was rugged and could take a licking too. No need for loss time for repairs.

There's more things I can list but those needs above are essential for a big workforce that needs to be nimble, productive and accountable. That's why BlackBerry is more productive and I have the battle wounds to say that it is.
    WES51 likes this.
    09-13-13 07:25 PM
    Nobody's pretending if it's valid and now you accusing of blinders? In many organizations, messaging is #1 in communication. Most decisions are now being made through e-mails and documents so records have made out of this for accountability to shareholders (private) and citizens (government and public agencies). Quick turnaround is required too. Accuracy and security is very critical here.

I own all platforms out there and I will say that the amount of time I spend typing either long or short messages to correct the mistakes and mistakes from auto-correct on non-BlackBerry platforms have been ridiculously time consuming. That's why QWERTY physical keyboards are far more superior especially if you don't want to waste a lot of time or send incorrect documents/messages. That's why I left Windows Mobile and Android (yes even despite having the latest Swiftkey keyboard) because I couldn't take it anymore as my work requires lengthy e-mails or working on office documents that BlackBerry had nicely excelled in meeting these basic requirements with a user friendly and ergonomic keyboard and built in Office docs app. I never wanted to back to touchscreen if my job depended on these basic business needs. Well, to my surprise, BlackBerry managed to provide the best ever and most efficient and accurate virtual keyboard experience that completely changed my mind about touchscreen typing.

How about the Message (of the Hub in BB10) integrated app? The fact that it could integrate all types of messaging (multiple email accounts/Text/BBM into a single app made everything efficient and as a result more productive.

With Documents to Go baked into BlackBerry devices, that allows for document creation and editing in most Microsoft Office dominated organizations and it's free and managed by BlackBerry rather than a 3rd party developer.

BES provided IT mobile device administrators with very good mobile device management and also protection for theft/loss.

The phone had great battery life, was rugged and could take a licking too. No need for loss time for repairs.

There's more things I can list but those needs above are essential for a big workforce that needs to be nimble, productive and accountable. That's why BlackBerry is more productive and I have the battle wounds to say that it is.
    1 - Sounds like a QWERTY is better for you. I disagree, as I type as fast or faster on a virtual keyboard, and typos have not been an issue. That's a personal preference.

2 - Again, your personal preference.

3 - There are plenty of other solutions for that on other platforms.

4 - MDM can be done with other systems as well.

5 - There are plenty of phones that surpass BB's for battery life and durability. (BB10 Touchscreen obviously) The clear tradeoff for screen size, which is a liability to many will, of course, make the QWERTY models run longer. But again, you have to have the preference for hardware keys.

While those things clearly make BB a great choice for you, they don't in any way show other platforms to be less productive.
    09-13-13 07:40 PM
    No, I didn't insult anyone.
    Actually, the word "delusion" is an antonym of "fact".
    It may not be utterly friendly, but it is a far cry from being insulting.

Talking about the discussions with Belfast in the way you do, clearly shows your bias.
    Please post the links to the 2-3 threads and let the guys decide who want to reread a 60 pages thread.

I provided facts to everything I said, and Belfast back then, as you are doing right now, tried to contradict facts with opinion.
    There was no "hounding".

Your bias shows, because you, like Belfast, believe that BBOS is sooooo awesome.
    The facts contradict that, for 97% of consumers.

Therefore the point still stands:
    If you can't contradict what I said with facts, either accept it, or stay quiet.

You just described BBOS. See the graph in the post above.
    I just want to point out that not too long ago you used these same facts and arguments and they led you to an utter 100% conviction that Blackberry would never release a new BBOS model phone. You ridiculed anyone who even brought up the mere possibility.

And then the 9720 happened. Reality proved you wrong. I recall you were dumbfounded at the time. And yet here you are again with the same level of smug certainty as if you learned nothing from your previous mistake.
    09-13-13 08:29 PM
    I just want to point out that not too long ago you used these same facts and arguments and they led you to an utter 100% conviction that Blackberry would never release a new BBOS model phone. You ridiculed anyone who even brought up the mere possibility.

And then the 9720 happened. Reality proved you wrong. I recall you were dumbfounded at the time. And yet here you are again with the same level of smug certainty as if you learned nothing from your previous mistake.
    I redacted that thought pretty quickly and said, that under very special circumstances, with reusing a lot of old parts, and releasing it to the low-end only, a new BBOS device would be a possibility.
    (search for "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automobile_platform" in the forums and you should find the posts pretty quickly)

But you are correct, my ad-hoc reaction was that a new BBOS device just wouldn't make sense.
    It was a stupid and ridiculous decision to release it, and I still stand 100% behind that opinion.
    The 9720 is uncompetitive under every possble angle, except for a low-cost data solution, especially for the price it has.

The only problem with the comparison you try to make when talking about BlackBerry releasing a new BBOS phone, is that BlackBerry already owns BBOS and also has their hardware division.
    If we look at a hypothetical company buying certain parts of BlackBerry, their strategic decision making has to reflect this important difference.

Please explain me why this hypothetical company would have an interest in an already failed platform.
    Or if the marketplace has changed in such a positive way for BBOS, that it could compete with cheap Androids and Windows Phones again.

If you want to tell me, that I shouldn't be so sure about some things I say, well, you are free to do that, as you just did.
    But at least tell me why the conclusion I make is wrong.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 09-13-13 at 10:53 PM.
    09-13-13 08:56 PM
32 12