This would be a very nice thing. And not too complicated / expensive to implement.
    What do you think?

Regards Johnny

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 11:13 AM
    This would be a very nice thing. And not too complicated / expensive to implement.
    What do you think?

Regards Johnny

Posted via CB10
    I'm all for it, as I think it is a "nice to have" feature. The Sony Xperia Z already has this feature. But the question is much it would impact BB10 sales in a positive way.
    02-25-14 11:18 AM
    Seeing as BlackBerry is stepping backwards, I doubt it.

Posted via my beautiful Z10
    02-25-14 11:19 AM
    They could just offer a ziplock bag....
    I'd much rather have a secure phone than a waterproof one full of malware.
    CerveloJohn, coldRooster and tryfe like this.
    02-25-14 11:20 AM
    That's a real good way to derail a thread....just saying

Waterproof BlackBerry....lol don't hold your breath

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 11:28 AM
    Having a waterproof phone is the last of my worries.

But if LifeProof made a case for BB10 devices, I'd consider buying one

Sent from my BlackBerry Z30
    02-25-14 11:32 AM
    Ehhh forget about removable batteries or even battery door (like on the Z30) if you want a waterproof phone. It's a tradeoff.

Personally, I don't really care if I can submerge my phone. Is there a market for that? I don't know.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 11:38 AM
    Having a waterproof phone is the last of my worries.

But if LifeProof made a case for BB10 devices, I'd consider buying one

Sent from my BlackBerry Z30
    I sent them that very question on twitter, their reply was simple.... They have nothing blackberry in the future.

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    02-25-14 11:39 AM
    I don't think a waterproof smartphone is necessary for BlackBerry to build.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 11:41 AM
    Even if they made one, I still don't want my phone to get wet lol

Posted via CB10
    H_O_Boomaye likes this.
    02-25-14 12:12 PM
    With all the crying that they will do when they get a dose of malware it is understandable.
    02-25-14 12:15 PM
    Absolutely BlackBerry should make their phones waterproof. No reason not to. Make it the tool for all professionals to use, whether you're in the office or out in the field, at the construction site, whatever whenever a BlackBerry should be up to the task.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-25-14 12:16 PM
    Why would you set up water proofing and security as an either/or? The two features have nothing to do with each other.
    kbz1960 and Moonbase0ne like this.
    02-25-14 12:19 PM
    Waterproofing would be a long term improvement on any device. It could be seen as a step in the 'green' direction. I see waterproofing as being useful long after folks get tired of their thumb readers. There is on bit that didn't escape me in all talk of waterproofing. The part that the S5 is NOT waterproof. Its water resistant. Big difference. You caught in a rainstorm without your umbrella, pockets are soaked, you need a water resistant phone. You bend over a bucket of flowers at the florists and your phone fall out of your shirt pocket into the bucket, you need waterproofing.
    Acidwire likes this.
    02-25-14 01:56 PM
    Sony makes the waterproof phones not Samsung :P

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-25-14 03:23 PM
    Ehhh forget about removable batteries or even battery door (like on the Z30) if you want a waterproof phone. It's a tradeoff.

Personally, I don't really care if I can submerge my phone. Is there a market for that? I don't know.

Posted via CB10
    Yes there is. Lol. My other half dropped her old phone down the toilet and the waterproof features on the z1 is the thing that decided her choice

02-25-14 03:25 PM
    Sony makes the waterproof phones not Samsung :P

Sammy has a waterproof version of the SGS4 and they announced that the SGS5 will be waterproof as well .
    02-25-14 03:34 PM
    I'd love another waterproof phone. Having it on my Xperia Z gave me great peace of mind when I had it outside and the weather looked a little rainy. I currently carry a ziploc bag in my messenger bag to put my phone in if caught in a downpour. My poor 9700 almost bit it when I got caught in a downpour while going across a long parking lot and ever since then I've been paranoid of that happening again!
    02-25-14 03:37 PM
    As long as the warranty wasn't voided by moisture (I'm not kidding here) it might be a cool feature. I like having a battery door though.
    02-25-14 03:42 PM
    As long as the warranty wasn't voided by moisture (I'm not kidding here) it might be a cool feature. I like having a battery door though.
    Unfortunately, that's the case with the Xperia Z. Warranty/insurance didn't cover water damage.
    02-25-14 03:45 PM
    Sammy has a waterproof version of the SGS4 and they announced that the SGS5 will be waterproof as well .
    I think there is a lot of misinformation about this.

Samsung Galaxy s5 is WATER RESISTANT (can take a splash or two)
    Sony Xperia Z2 is WATERPROOF (can be submerged in water for periods at a time)

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 03:52 PM
    I think there is a lot of misinformation about this.

Samsung Galaxy s5 is WATER RESISTANT (can take a splash or two)
    Sony Xperia Z2 is WATERPROOF (can be submerged in water for periods at a time)

Posted via CB10
    As far as I've heard, the SGS5 can be submerged up to 30 minutes at 1m deep. I'm pretty sure that was the same for my Xperia Z. I'm not sure about the Z2.

EDIT: I just saw an article which claimed the Z2 can be submerged up to 30 minutes in 1.5m of water.
    02-25-14 03:58 PM
    Absolutely BlackBerry should make their phones waterproof. No reason not to. Make it the tool for all professionals to use, whether you're in the office or out in the field, at the construction site, whatever whenever a BlackBerry should be up to the task.
    That would cost a fortune in development cost for something that would cost the client 20$ for a case it can find in eBay. Heck, BlackBerry can even make their own BlackBerry cases that are waterproof.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 04:23 PM
    As far as I've heard, the SGS5 can be submerged up to 30 minutes at 1m deep. I'm pretty sure that was the same for my Xperia Z. I'm not sure about the Z2.

EDIT: I just saw an article which claimed the Z2 can be submerged up to 30 minutes in 1.5m of water.
    Z2 or z1? The z2 hasn't been released yet? I was unaware of the Sammy waterproofs!

pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-25-14 04:41 PM
    I'm all for it, as I think it is a "nice to have" feature. The Sony Xperia Z already has this feature. But the question is much it would impact BB10 sales in a positive way.
    Yes, Xperia Go, Z, ZR, Z1, Z Ultra, Z2 etc, it's a long tradition now for Sony to have waterproof phones... which also means if history is a guide then it's unlikely BB will ever pick it up.
    02-25-14 04:45 PM
34 12