I haven't seen this reported anywhere - just came across this info while doing the afternoon blog crawl through cyberspace

Official Google Mobile Blog

Am going to try it out after I finish loading.230 on my Tour...will post feedback.
    09-23-09 12:49 PM
    doesn mention blackberry at all. if it is compatible. i am using google sync for my other stuff since day one of owning the tour. interested to see what the results of this are.
    09-23-09 12:55 PM
    Ya, Im not sure if this will work on the BB:

Today, we're adding Gmail support to Google Sync for iPhone, iPod Touch and Windows Mobile devices.
    09-23-09 01:03 PM
    You're right - I jumped the gun on this thread. I thought it was funny that RIM and Google were working on the enhanced gmail plugin, yet they would release push gmail through google sync? It dosent appear to be combatible w/BB, and probably will not be, since the gmail plugin is already in development. They should have thought of this sooner though - it makes perfect sense...google sync is already keeping contacts/calendars in sync...why not route mail through the sync servers too....brilliant! Guess we will have to wait and see...

doesn mention blackberry at all. if it is compatible. i am using google sync for my other stuff since day one of owning the tour. interested to see what the results of this are.
    09-23-09 01:05 PM
    how does that work?
    09-27-09 09:10 PM
    It is so the iphone can have less ****ty email... that is all.
    09-27-09 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD