This has been covered to death in other threads.

BlackBerry is clearly committed to a pure Android device with Google Play Services. As a result, they would not be permitted to also make a competing product with a forked version of Android.

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.2.2339
    Is the bb10 android runtime considered a forked version?

I doubt they will pull the runtime. They may not update it but I think the very least they will do is leave it on. What does google care to have an outdated runtime with official support with the amazon app store on a handful of devices

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 09:58 AM
    That could happen - only problem is that nobody so far has presented a compelling case why that would happen. Some have said "to allow google to compete in the enterprise sector" but google already beats BBRY hands down in that sector, BBRY quarterly unit sales account for maybe half a day of android unit sales".

All of the leaks (and they seem to be coming fast and furious at this point) seem to point in one direction - and its a straight forward one - BBRY are going to release a device running virtually stock android with a suite of their own apps and an android rehash of the hub concept. Now it could be that they get this exception but the more likely outcome given how weak they are in the market is that they pull the plug on BB10 entirely or they pull the runtime. I haven't mentioned the "hypervisor" or "dual-boot" options simply because they are too silly to take seriously.

The simple answers are always best.
    11-01-15 10:06 AM
    The Priv Hub is a complete Joke. But anyway, I would say a new powerful BB10 sometime in 2017. Depending on how the Priv does in sales. And seeing how the "Priv" is the wrong device, overpriced, runs a aged Android OS, that should have retired long ago, humm, it needs to gain any meaningful traction for this company to stay in the hardware business. Worst Case, they would have been better off with a Full Touch, high end instead. And cheaper to make. If this phone does not do well in sales, JC should simply step down or be fired.
    01-30-16 06:36 AM
    most likely BB now gets in to the habit of a two years turn over like, 2014/2015 PP+Classic, 2016 for the Android test period and 2017 we will see a real BB10 device upgrade again, the BB-devices are that good they last longer than a fashion season.

Companies do not spend money on mobiles every year only because there is another bling-toy coming out on the market like it is done with Google devices for the mainstream.
    Companies have to convince the tax man or shareholder for there spending and not wasting for silly things like a mobile if not necessary. (provided it's a company that takes business seriously)

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    MBrettH likes this.
    02-03-16 03:06 PM
    What do you mean? Does the Venice run 10.3? I don't believe it does...I think it is a straight android with a hub-like system in place. Does it have true multitasking? Does it have active frames? If it doesn't then it is hardly running BB10, is it?
    Posted via CB10
    Android is incapable of true multitasking. The Hub on the Priv is a joke at best.
    02-06-16 02:05 AM
    Android is incapable of true multitasking.
    Frequently stated by overzealous BB10 fans but not true.

"true multitasking"
    02-07-16 11:21 AM
    Frequently stated by overzealous BB10 fans but not true.

"true multitasking"
    You can't do on Android what you can do on BB10. If you think otherwise, you are lying to yourself.

Rocking a Z30
    02-07-16 05:17 PM
    You can't do on Android what you can do on BB10. If you think otherwise, you are lying to yourself.

Rocking a Z30
    Prove it!
    If you can't prove it, you are lying to all of us.
    Last edited by DrBoomBotz; 02-07-16 at 06:10 PM.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    02-07-16 05:29 PM
    Just a few of my experiences with Android's multitasking vs. BB10

1. I can't play youtube in the background while I reply to a message on my Android, but can do this on my z10; this was even possible when the android youtube app was sideloaded.

2. Also I can't enter a URL into the browser and go into another app thinking that when I return to the browser the webpage will be loaded, this works on BB10, however. In fact if I open up chrome after it has been working in the background it typically refreshes and load the pages content again, which I don't like.

Having said this, I still use Android as my daily driver in spite of these points.
    02-09-16 11:38 AM

1. I can't play youtube in the background while I reply to a message on my Android, but can do this on my z10; this was even possible when the android youtube app was sideloaded.

2. Also I can't enter a URL into the browser and go into another app thinking that when I return to the browser the webpage will be loaded, this works on BB10, however. In fact if I open up chrome after it has been working in the background it typically refreshes and load the pages content again, which I don't like.

Having said this, I still use Android as my daily driver in spite of these points.
    Both points have been refuted.
    If you really want me to, I will go and dig this stuff up yet again.

Let me know or take my word for it, your choice.
    02-09-16 11:49 AM

Rocking a Z30
    You're right, I can't fail to run Google Play Services.
    DrBoomBotz and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    02-09-16 11:51 AM
    Both points have been refuted.
    If you really want me to, I will go and dig this stuff up yet again.

Let me know or take my word for it, your choice.
    I'm not going to ask you to go out and research this on my behalf, I'm going to take a look myself since I've been using an Android phone on and off since version 2.3 and this has been my experience over the last 5 years or so. Hopefully there is a setting somewhere that allows me to run youtube in the background.
    02-09-16 12:18 PM
    I'm not going to ask you to go out and research this on my behalf, I'm going to take a look myself since I've been using an Android phone on and off since version 2.3 and this has been my experience over the last 5 years or so. Hopefully there is a setting somewhere that allows me to run youtube in the background.
    The youtube app and the Chrome browser have been intentionally set to not allow it.

But you can easily run youtube in the background with a number of other apps, or by running another browser like Firefox.
    02-09-16 12:29 PM
    The youtube app and the Chrome browser have been intentionally set to not allow it.

But you can easily run youtube in the background with a number of other apps, or by running another browser like Firefox.
    Can confirm, this works in Firefox.

Thanks!
    02-09-16 12:37 PM

Here is the link that refutes item 2 http://forums.crackberry.com/general.../#post12223769

Follow the thread for edification and amusement.
    02-09-16 01:29 PM

Rocking a Z30
    This is the last thread where nt300 was shown the error of his ways.
    He just keeps on saying outrageous things and not backing them up.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/armchai...l#post11700561
    02-09-16 01:36 PM
    I'd say after this latest round of layoffs.... chances of seeing a new BB10 device (especially something built on a new chipset) are something not even Vegas would give you odds on.

Use BBOS or BB10 for as long as it meets your needs....
    02-09-16 02:00 PM
    Prove it!
    If you can't prove it, you are lying to all of us.
    Use your CB Android app. Then swipe out of it. Go back into it. Swipe out, open another couple apps. Swipe in and out of them all seemingly. YOU CAN'T .

Using your CB Android app, quickly and seemingly navigate to your Email, Facebook, Text messages and BBM all at once. And get back to the CB app.
    NOPE You Can't.

Listen to music, and play a game. A. The same time.
    Oh You CAN'T.

I have the Galaxy S5, Z30 and an old iPhone 4. The iPhone is a complete irritating joke of a phone. The Samsung is irritating because it's Anti- Multitasking. The single fact it does not operate like BB10, is proof enough, Android is old and outdated.

Open 8 Applications and swipe in and out of them all over and over again. Do this while watching YouTube, playing a game and listening to music. YOU CAN'T.

Believing you can do "REAL Multitasking" on Android is simply Lying to yourself. But don't worry about it. Because IPhones are incapable of doing TRUE Multitasking too.

What Android and iOS call "Multitasking " is actually "SLICK Tasking " a way to give you the illusion of Multitasking. Why? Because both OLD Outdated OS's are incapable of the real thing.

Only 2 OS's are capable of REAL Multitasking. BB10 is KING and Win10.

Rocking a Z30
    02-10-16 12:04 AM
    I'd say after this latest round of layoffs.... chances of seeing a new BB10 device (especially something built on a new chipset) are something not even Vegas would give you odds on.

Use BBOS or BB10 for as long as it meets your needs....
    John Chen already stated they are releasing 1 possibly 2 BB10 phones in 2017.

JC's Major error is not releasing a Z10 / Z30 upgrade. The Leap is a JOKE. That phone should cost $99. MAX.

Rocking a Z30
    MBrettH likes this.
    02-10-16 12:10 AM
    [citation needed]
    DrBoomBotz and MBrettH like this.
    02-10-16 01:59 AM
    [citation needed]
    I heard this too. He mentioned something on a live interview about BB10 phones for 2017. What kind of phones? Not sure about that.
    02-10-16 02:38 AM
    Use your CB Android app. Then swipe out of it. Go back into it. Swipe out, open another couple apps. Swipe in and out of them all seemingly. YOU CAN'T .

Using your CB Android app, quickly and seemingly navigate to your Email, Facebook, Text messages and BBM all at once. And get back to the CB app.
    NOPE You Can't.

Listen to music, and play a game. A. The same time.
    Oh You CAN'T.

Rocking a Z30
    Absolutely no problem with any of this on Priv.

I have email, BBM, music player (playing), two games, play store (downloading), browser (more than one page open), CB forums app, Feedly, and picture viewer all open at the same time. I'm switching seamlessly through them all while the music continues to play. No issues. Returns to the same place in every app.

The technology behind multitasking may be different under the hood, but I see no functional difference from a user point of view between my Priv and my Passport, other than the Priv being quicker switching.
    Last edited by conite; 02-10-16 at 02:59 AM.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    02-10-16 02:49 AM

JC's Major error is not releasing a Z10 / Z30 upgrade. The Leap is a JOKE. That phone should cost $99. MAX.

Rocking a Z30
    If there was any substance at all to this outrageous claim it would be all over CrackBerry.
    Last edited by DrBoomBotz; 02-10-16 at 03:06 AM.
    02-10-16 02:54 AM
    I heard this too. He mentioned something on a live interview about BB10 phones for 2017. What kind of phones? Not sure about that.
    I would also love to see a link to an article or video supporting this claim.

So far what has been proven is BlackBerry is releasing the Priv and possible a second Android phone this year. As to BB10, Chen has said we will get two security updates in 2016(we shall see) .

Anything beyond those two statements will need proof.

So, unless somebody can post a video or an article that supports this claim, I can not believe it.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and DrBoomBotz like this.
    02-10-16 04:06 AM
    New powerful BB10 phone?-mockit_10022016054545.jpg

RedBerry Passport /10.3.2.2876 / Telus
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-10-16 04:46 AM
51 123