My PlayBook is only a few hours out of the box and trying to use Facebook is not the smooth experience I expected. Albums won't load and everything running as if it really doesn't take want to bother. I'm disappointed, because the reviews we looked at before buying were very positive! Does anyone have any ideas, as the few posts I've looked at seem to refer to PBs that have had a lot of apps downloaded, which isn't the case here.
    12-24-12 01:23 PM
    Is it only Facebook pictures loading slow?

Or is the entire system running slow?
    12-24-12 01:25 PM
    I've noticed issues with the Facebook application on the PlayBook. I think Facebook may have changed their coding. Try loading your Facebook account using the PlayBook Browser.
    12-24-12 01:38 PM
    I've had a PlayBook since launch and FaceBook has always been terrible performance, just like every app based on AIR. I hope they either find a way to hardware accelerate AIR apps in BB10 or just totally remove the thing.
    howarmat likes this.
    12-24-12 01:51 PM
    facebook runs bad even on a pc sometimes,,, they're always got issues w/ things not showing, slow response, etc...
    12-24-12 02:05 PM
    I've had a PlayBook since launch and FaceBook has always been terrible performance, just like every app based on AIR. I hope they either find a way to hardware accelerate AIR apps in BB10 or just totally remove the thing.
    That's the main issue...Adobe AIR was a big part of PlayBook OS.

Cascades/C++ and HTML5 will make all apps run buttery smooth on BB10.
    12-24-12 02:07 PM
    I'm not sure if HTML5 apps will really be "buttery" smooth, but it should be much better than the Facebook app on the PlayBook (and most of the other AIR apps).
    12-24-12 02:16 PM
    Yes, mostly fb. I was trying to look at photos + they just didn't load. I tried to watch a short vid that a friend had posted and it could only manage about 2 minutes-if that! I gave up on the fb app (which didn't even load the main profile pictures of my friends) and went through the browser and it was fine. It's looking as though it's still the fb app isn't it? Thanks very much for your input!
    12-24-12 05:42 PM
    Yes, mostly fb. I was trying to look at photos + they just didn't load. I tried to watch a short vid that a friend had posted and it could only manage about 2 minutes-if that! I gave up on the fb app (which didn't even load the main profile pictures of my friends) and went through the browser and it was fine. It's looking as though it's still the fb app isn't it? Thanks very much for your input!
    Have you checked to make sure you got the latest software update? The latest one, I believe, dealt with fixing some of the AIR issues. I just tried my FB app and loaded pics no problem.
    12-24-12 05:52 PM
    facebook is awful on the playbook. i cant remember the last time it was updated of it ever has.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-24-12 06:58 PM
    Maybe I'm just not an avid enough of a facebook user to notice? Doesn't seem bad to me...
    12-24-12 08:07 PM
    it probably couldnt be bothered with it being xmas eve and now xmas day... let it recover from the festivities and see how it works then.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    12-25-12 03:28 AM