what ** chaps and chapesses, like a fool I just wasted a hundred quid plus on a bb play book which so far seems a right waste of money given that I can't do Skype on it or find out how to go to the desktop.
    thee is supposed be some sort of con that allows one to get to Skype but not use video call or see a list of one's contacts.
    ytou'd think it was not beyond the wit of man or the evil empire to let me use Skype on the pile of junk on which I just wasted my money.
    can one get firefox for said pile of junk?
    can it be connected to my desktop so that I can transfer my music etc onto it.?
    should i have bluetooth, or is that just a fantasy of mine?
    would it show up on 'my computer if it were possible?
    it's depressing to be so cruelly disappointed.
    id there any way on this to be notified if some kind sole takes pity on me and tries to help?most forums have a tick box:notify me of any replies, but no this one as far as I can tell. now where is submit?-isit hiding?
    Last edited by PETER CODNER; 02-15-13 at 12:23 PM. Reason: forgot somethingand needed to make a correction
    02-15-13 12:17 PM
    I'll be happy to take said "pile of junk" off your hands, I'll even pay for the shipping.
    Crowezine and nappp like this.
    02-15-13 12:20 PM
    Seems you have no idea what you have just bought, right?

Have you even read the user manual or used google before ranting?
    02-15-13 12:22 PM
    wow, looking at your past posts, you really are in the redline. No skype, sorry but that is not the fault of the tablet or tablet maker. This is an alternative but def no where near as good as skype. AV by AOL - Let's video chat!
    Not sure why Firefox is so necessary when the native browser is far superior. You could try sideloading dolphin browser for another browser option.
    All of your other issues are easily resolved with some further investigation and yes those things can be done.

Sorry you are so frustrated. Playbook is not a pile of junk. It may not have the tablet apps it needs but it will do and in some cases does more than what other tablets can do. Every device has a learning curve and I hope you find the tablet that works best for you.
    02-15-13 01:00 PM
    Except for Skype and Firefox (why bother?), your PlayBook can do all the things that you bemoan it cannot and more.
    02-15-13 01:16 PM
    And she ruggeth the boogley then she shat on a turtle!!! I'm just kidding. It was hard to understand but I managed and pretty much everything except Skype and firfox works. It has bluetooth and you can take the demo on how to work it. You can chat roulette on it. Try doing that on an ipad or android.
    02-15-13 02:20 PM
    I bought the Playbook because of BB10 however after the inital shock of the app store lol. I actually find my playbook keeps getting better.

Example I found a video player it was like 4.99 or something but it can play subtitles and all kinds of files. Exactly what I needed. Bought some games and other things. Now I find my playbook is very useful and great!!
    02-15-13 03:56 PM
    i am sorry to tell you that i have retired from being father Christmas and should have spent the money on reindeer feed. sorry and all that.

there is no ffol like anold fool could have been coined for your servant here present.
    but i will happily pay you via paypal for teaching me how to use it, absent a pb consultant in the depths of the english countryside.
    02-15-13 04:26 PM
    Perhaps you should sell the PB and go back to watching the TV.
    02-15-13 06:10 PM
    Whaaaa Whaaaaaa Whaaaaaaa
    vespajet likes this.
    02-15-13 06:13 PM
    OP;

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartp...erables/27018/

caveat, covers both Pb models !

fyi - used native browser-google.ca- to find - copy url - paste url here !
    02-15-13 07:01 PM
    So in other words OP, you bought something with doing zero research first, and now you're crying about it? No pity here, but I'm sure someone on here will be more then glad to take it off your hands.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    vespajet likes this.
    02-15-13 08:10 PM
    You should have researched first...
    vespajet likes this.
    02-15-13 08:18 PM
    also don't buy a Z10 it make you forget about your playbook!
    02-16-13 12:55 AM
    1. It has flash unlike any apple device.
    2. It can multitask unlike apple devices (unless you jailbreak them, yet I doubt you have a clue what that is).
    3. No, it's not big on apps, but it has some pretty useful ones at that.
    vespajet likes this.
    02-16-13 08:48 AM
    Perhaps you should sell the PB and go back to watching the TV.
    ahaha!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    02-16-13 08:55 AM
    also don't buy a Z10 it make you forget about your playbook!
    Seriously! I've only been using my PlayBook lately when the Z10 charges
    02-16-13 09:00 AM
    Stick with it and do some research, it is a great machine and your effort will show rewards.
    02-16-13 09:01 AM
    try installing Blackberry Desktop first and your Palybook is your to discover....
    02-16-13 09:01 AM
    What??????
    02-16-13 09:08 AM
    Reading your post hurt my eyes, so I stopped. #atleastimover10yearsold
    02-16-13 11:13 AM
    Well Peter, you're not likely to win any friends by coming in and insulting the PlayBook and under the guise of asking for help. But I'll try my best.

what ** chaps and chapesses, like a fool I just wasted a hundred quid plus on a bb play book which so far seems a right waste of money given that I can't do Skype on it or find out how to go to the desktop.
    Either one of two things come to mind. You haven't ever bought (or touched) a Playbook; and are just here to stir up trouble; or you didn't do research before you popped down money. There isn't Skype right now on PlayBook. Though BlackBerry has announced it for BlackBerry 10 and it may come to PlayBook either before or when the PlayBook gets updated to BlackBerry 10.

Skype for the Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Released Soon | Good E-Reader - ebook Reader and Digital Publishing News

can one get firefox for said pile of junk?
    No. But it has a built in browser. What do you want to do with Firefox specifically?

can it be connected to my desktop so that I can transfer my music etc onto it.?
    BlackBerry Desktop Software - BlackBerry OS Software - Canada

Yeah - the signs are here. You call it a 'piece of junk' yet seem to not know the first thing about it. If nothing else, maybe my response will educate the non-trolls.

should i have bluetooth, or is that just a fantasy of mine?
    You Should Know: How to Pair Your BlackBerry PlayBook with a Bluetooth Device �Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Google is your friend. But since you're likely a troll, I doubt that was ever your intention.

would it show up on 'my computer if it were possible?
    See my Desktop Manager link above

it's depressing to be so cruelly disappointed.
    Well, either you're a troll or blissfully ignorant in that you drop down a bunch of money, complain about issues and don't bother to use google. Neither bodes well for you.
    02-16-13 11:22 AM
    Rubber Chicken - Some of his earlier posts are untroll like but more consistent with being blissfully ignorant. Too clever to use his name and then wait several years.
    02-16-13 02:03 PM
    "Hey you jerks that like this POS..."

Great way to ask for help...
    02-16-13 03:52 PM
    with your attitude there is nothing anyone can do to change your mind. you want something else, please go get it. if you change your mind and want to SUPPORT blackberry/playbook users, then we will be here
    02-16-13 04:18 PM
26 12