Rather the point being made really isn't it?
    No you just dont get my literature finesse.
    01-03-13 11:05 AM
    No you just dont get my literature finesse.
    Had you put it the other way around, perhaps so. But you didn't.
    01-03-13 11:11 AM
    An app gives a better experience since the UI is catered to whatever device you are using the app on, while the browser is generally optimized for a desktop, so it gives a lot more options and functionality, but it doesn't give the best user experience outside of a desktop browser.

So it depends on how much functionality your willing to give up for a better user experience when using a mobile device. Some apps, like banking apps, I much prefer those over the web versions because it is much easier to navigate and see my transactions. However on something like taptalk I would rather just go to the site with web browser because I'm generallyovong from site to site and find it limiting.
    01-03-13 11:18 AM
    Had you put it the other way around, perhaps so. But you didn't.
    And you dont see the forest because of the trees hiding it? Right?

No hard feelings but I dont make those rules, people are. There's a lot more mobile users now and they will soon take over.

Run.
    For.
    Your.
    Life!
    01-03-13 11:19 AM
    And you dont see the forest because of the trees hiding it? Right?

No hard feelings but I dont make those rules, people are. There's a lot more mobile users now and they will soon take over.

Run.
    For.
    Your.
    Life!
    I've already mentioned once that you shouldn't presume.
    01-03-13 11:25 AM
    Well let's play the signature game. Look at some posts here (or many other forums) see the tapatalk signature? There's a lot of them right? And people like myself remove it. People use it... A lot. The developpement is alive and well as for so many apps out there.

Developpement is always geared toward active users and active people are now mobile. Call it a trend, call it fashion... I think its reality. People dont want to sit near the beige box anymore and its showing in the markets. I work with a lot of devs and they all do mobile... Its only a matter of time before the desktop products are made marginal.
    To tell you the truth I don't like it and I'm sure many do. Glad there is the option for both. I just hope I'm not forced to use the limited stuff that gives few options and settings. Whatever happened to software/apps having a lot of options and settings? I really don't see desktop stuff becoming marginal unless they turn it into a limited mobile OS that needs crutches to walk with.
    01-03-13 11:26 AM
    To tell you the truth I don't like it and I'm sure many do. Glad there is the option for both. I just hope I'm not forced to use the limited stuff that gives few options and settings. Whatever happened to software/apps having a lot of options and settings? I really don't see desktop stuff becoming marginal unless they turn it into a limited mobile OS that needs crutches to walk with.
    People need simplified products, then they will use it. The more people using it, the more people will create products for it. I don't feel stupid using a simplified ui, I feel like I get things done quickly and without problems or options to configure.
    01-03-13 11:31 AM
    People need simplified products, then they will use it. The more people using it, the more people will create products for it. I don't feel stupid using a simplified ui, I feel like I get things done quickly and without problems or options to configure.
    I don't feel stupid using one either. It feels stupid to me.
    01-03-13 11:50 AM
    Apps apps apps....after reading some stuff about security in a particular popular app, I personally would rather use a standardized browser for any secure communication. Cause I KNOW people are out to steal my stuff, my identity or anything they can profit from. Little paranoid goes a long way...
    01-03-13 01:32 PM
34 12