I just received Blackberry Playbook 64gb for Christmas, but playbook will not support Royal bank or CIBC mobile banking apps, any help will be appreciated.
    Thks
    01-01-13 09:43 AM
    You can try and sideload an android app for them or just use the browser.
    pumperpete and bungaboy like this.
    01-01-13 09:49 AM
    I could be wrong but I think you're stuck. I've just got myself a PB too and I'm loving it but there is a lack of support in the way of apps. I think it's too small a market just now. I hope maybe if OS10 gives a common platform this issue may be a temporary one.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    CairnsRock and pumperpete like this.
    01-01-13 09:49 AM
    Did you try your browser?
    01-01-13 10:00 AM
    I do my banking using the browser.
    01-01-13 10:05 AM
    I access the online banking stuff on my Playbook the same way I do on my desktop computer - with the browser. I like that better than using the apps on my iPhone.
    ibpluto, Lehomer and bungaboy like this.
    01-01-13 10:05 AM
    A lot of banking institutions are late supporting the Playbook with their apps. Perhaps they will catch up when BB10 is released.
    pumperpete likes this.
    01-01-13 10:10 AM
    Does the browser not work? Am I missing something, I keep hearing (reading) about apps......once again does the ability to use the browser a .....after thought?
    bbmtna and ibpluto like this.
    01-01-13 10:28 AM
    Does the browser not work? Am I missing something, I keep hearing (reading) about apps......once again does the ability to use the browser a .....after thought?
    To me this shows the weakness of other tablet browsers. For banking I created a Scotia online icon on my homepage, which takes me to my login Page (same as any app). The browser gives the full online experience, with non of the watered and dumbed down content most mobile apps give you.

I use the browser most everything on my PB, it just works so well.
    01-01-13 10:33 AM
    Ah, the Apple and Google crowd crowing about lack of "an app for that." Even the Canadian Television Network (CTV), owned by Bell Media, is pushing a new Microsoft Windows 8 "app" to watch their programming. Why does anyone need an application aside from a web browser to watch streamed broadcasts? I even listen to streaming radio broadcasts via the web browser. Take your Apple and go back to the Garden of Eden.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-01-13 10:33 AM
    Yeah, I guess that some apps were created to by-pass browser limitations, but now some people are feeling that apps are the default route to get things done online.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-01-13 10:34 AM
    dah YES browser works!!!
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-03-13 12:17 AM
    Back in the day, the mobile App was the only way to successfully utilize many sites on a phone or tablet. Now that the hardware is so much faster (who would have thought that we would be talking about doing away with desktop and laptop computers for mobile devices?) and the browsers optimized, the apps are not as required. But then there are two to three large app stores that do not like that too much.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    01-03-13 03:20 AM
    Web apps < native apps. There's almost no exceptions. Thats just the way it is.
    01-03-13 04:16 AM
    Do you have native apps on your computer for banking?
    lnichols likes this.
    01-03-13 09:07 AM
    Do you have native apps on your computer for banking?
    No, that's why I only use my idevices for it. It's faster and time is money right?
    01-03-13 09:15 AM
    No, that's why I only use my idevices for it. It's faster and time is money right?
    Maybe you should ask your bank to develop one for your home computer. It would only make sense, right?
    I wonder why they don't?
    01-03-13 09:41 AM
    Maybe you should ask your bank to develop one for your home computer. It would only make sense, right?
    I wonder why they don't?
    You'd like me to say thats its not needed because it works on the browser but I wont. It works on certain conditions (browser choice, version numbers, plugins, https and more). It just works on the app without having to do anything.

Why wont they code an app for your computer is all about rentability and efficiency. Too much things to worry about vs the advantages.
    01-03-13 09:59 AM
    Not true at all. I've an Android tablet as well as my various other stuff, and even there, where there are apps aplenty for newspapers, magazines and so forth, the apps are so limited and limiting that I end up deleting them and just using the browser. For me, an app has to offer something extra to be of the slightest use. Many do, and that's great, but many do not.
    01-03-13 10:32 AM
    Not true at all. I've an Android tablet as well as my various other stuff, and even there, where there are apps aplenty for newspapers, magazines and so forth, the apps are so limited and limiting that I end up deleting them and just using the browser. For me, an app has to offer something extra to be of the slightest use. Many do, and that's great, but many do not.
    Are you using your browser to view this thread? If so, I would advise to try something like tapatalk. Its the perfect exemple of a focused task vs a whole environement. Sure there are bad apps out there (especially on android) but the goal of the said magazine or newspaper apps or even banking apps is to bring more customers to the service as a whole. Many people would never even look at a real comic book but will check a comic app.
    01-03-13 10:44 AM
    Are you using your browser to view this thread? If so, I would advise to try something like tapatalk. Its the perfect exemple of a focused task vs a whole environement. Sure there are bad apps out there (especially on android) but the goal of the said magazine or newspaper apps or even banking apps is to bring more customers to the service as a whole. Many people would never even look at a real comic book but will check a comic app.
    I'm on my laptop. Don't presume.
    01-03-13 10:53 AM
    Yes I've tried it and it doesn't offer all the features I want. Very limiting
    01-03-13 10:57 AM
    I'm on my laptop. Don't presume.
    Thats like bringing a gun to a knife fight.
    01-03-13 10:57 AM
    Yes I've tried it and it doesn't offer all the features I want. Very limiting
    Well let's play the signature game. Look at some posts here (or many other forums) see the tapatalk signature? There's a lot of them right? And people like myself remove it. People use it... A lot. The developpement is alive and well as for so many apps out there.

Developpement is always geared toward active users and active people are now mobile. Call it a trend, call it fashion... I think its reality. People dont want to sit near the beige box anymore and its showing in the markets. I work with a lot of devs and they all do mobile... Its only a matter of time before the desktop products are made marginal.
    01-03-13 11:03 AM
    Thats like bringing a gun to a knife fight.
    Rather the point being made really isn't it?
    01-03-13 11:03 AM
34 12