So I love that BlackBerry has announced the Z3 and Q20. They both look like great ways to target specific consumers in different markets which brings me to my point.
    The Z3 is a great idea. I would grab one just for a larger screen, but by leaving it off of 4G Networks it leaves a lot of people out, I know it's intended to be low end phone, but I think offering low end phones that won't be well received everywhere is a bad move right now.
    People who can afford to pay premium will, but those who can't, might just opt for a faster low end DROID.
    I a blackberry fan here I'm just saying that releasing devices that a person who has a Z10 or a Q10 would pick up and immediately be concerned with its features isn't the best move. BlackBerry is a premium brand in my opinion and even it's low end devices should have premium features like 4G, which is really a standard in my opinion.
    Just thinking of the guy who drops his phone and breaks it and wants to pick up a temporary phone in the meantime. Make it so your customers have great choices in the Blackberry family that won't slow them down until they can get another high end phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 11:53 AM
    Z3 is for emerging market, believe me H+ is more than enough for Internet surfing.

So, if a customer wants premium BlackBerry device, get Z30 or Q10 or wait for Windermere.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 11:56 AM
    You completely missed my point, I know what the phone is for. I'm saying make a phone that works well for all and spend them across the market instead of targeting specific areas. A phone that is only available in emerging markets is still a Blackberry that someone in a developed market may love if it's available and offers the right features.

Posted via CB10
    chrisjsandlin likes this.
    03-11-14 12:01 PM
    but I think offering low end phones that won't be well received everywhere is a bad move right now.

I'm just saying that releasing devices that a person who has a Z10 or a Q10 would pick up and immediately be concerned with its features isn't the best move.
    How do you know a low end phone (read less expensive) isn't going to be well received in the countries where they will be selling??
    Maybe people who wanted a BB but couldn't afford the 600 dollars I paid for my Z10 will want the Z3!

Also, someone who has a Z10 and a Q10 would more than likely NOT pick up a Z3 for their daily phone. Just saying. That's what I think. I only use one phone and own one phone at a time. I would not be giving up my Z10 for EITHER the Q20 nor the Z3 (not that it will be sold here anyway)
    kbz1960 and Rello like this.
    03-11-14 12:01 PM
    If you can come up with *anything* that "works well for all", then I suggest you stop wasting time on CB and go become a Billionaire!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 12:04 PM
    How do you know a low end phone (read less expensive) isn't going to be well received in the countries where they will be selling??
    Maybe people who wanted a BB but couldn't afford the 600 dollars I paid for my Z10 will want the Z3!

Also, someone who has a Z10 and a Q10 would more than likely NOT pick up a Z3 for their daily phone. Just saying. That's what I think. I only use one phone and own one phone at a time. I would not be giving up my Z10 for EITHER the Q20 nor the Z3 (not that it will be sold here anyway)
    I wouldn't pick up a Z3 for my daily phone just because, I can afford a Z30 outright, but if I were in a different financial situation, and wanted to keep a BB10 device if mine were broken. What are my cheap options? What lower phone can I buy outright and not lose network speed, which is a big deal to some? My argument is not for the guy who can afford a premium device and wants a to, but the guy who had a premium device that he got cheap on a 2 year contract, and has lost or broken his phone and still wants BB10. That person can't afford a brand new Z30 or Z10 outright, so what does he do?

Posted via CB10
    BryanVilla likes this.
    03-11-14 12:09 PM
    If you can come up with *anything* that "works well for all", then I suggest you stop wasting time on CB and go become a Billionaire!!!

Posted via CB10
    Jesus, had I known there would be so much animosity about this opinion I wouldn't have shared. By "all" I am referencing a specific type of phone (low end) and a say that this low end device should be of a quality marketable to all of its consumers, much like the Pearl which sold by the boatload. Billionaire I am not, but opinions I have many, take it or leave it.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 12:16 PM
    Jesus, had I known there would be so much animosity about this opinion I wouldn't have shared. By "all" I am referencing a specific type of phone (low end) and a say that this low end device should be of a quality marketable to all of its consumers, much like the Pearl which sold by the boatload. Billionaire I am not, but opinions I have many, take it or leave it.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't mean it as animosity... just adding to the discussion the fact that there is hardly anything that "works for all". Often things that try, are generally mediocre at everything and people just "put up with it".... which is exactly what the Pearl was. It was cheap, mediocre, but people put up with it because there weren't many viable/affordable alternatives.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 12:37 PM
    I wouldn't pick up a Z3 for my daily phone just because, I can afford a Z30 outright, but if I were in a different financial situation, and wanted to keep a BB10 device if mine were broken. What are my cheap options? What lower phone can I buy outright and not lose network speed, which is a big deal to some? My argument is not for the guy who can afford a premium device and wants a to, but the guy who had a premium device that he got cheap on a 2 year contract, and has lost or broken his phone and still wants BB10. That person can't afford a brand new Z30 or Z10 outright, so what does he do?

Posted via CB10
    Im pretty sure BlackBerry said they were going to make an LTE version of the Z3. Also at this point Z10's can be found relatively cheap on ebay for around 250$ also you can buy them straight from BlackBerry for 299$.

Canada BBM channel C001234A4
    03-11-14 12:40 PM
    Yup - they said a version with an LTE antenna was going to be released as well, just sometime following the initial release. Presumably this is the one that would be available in the EU, Canada, the US, etc.

So no worries!
    Im pretty sure BlackBerry said they were going to make an LTE version of the Z3. Also at this point Z10's can be found relatively cheap on ebay for around 250$ also you can buy them straight from BlackBerry for 299$.

Canada BBM channel C001234A4
    03-11-14 01:07 PM
    So I love that BlackBerry has announced the Z3 and Q20. They both look like great ways to target specific consumers in different markets which brings me to my point.
    The Z3 is a great idea. I would grab one just for a larger screen, but by leaving it off of 4G Networks it leaves a lot of people out, I know it's intended to be low end phone, but I think offering low end phones that won't be well received everywhere is a bad move right now.

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure I read in one of the Crackberry articles that Mr Chen said it would come to N. America with 4G.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-14 01:10 PM
    so spend more money to add LTE and sell to people who can;t use LTE and just us 3G -4G only. that makes great business sense.

Let say hypothetically, each antenna for LTE is additional $10 more than 3G. That would mean les profit for each phone sold.
    As someone else said buy a Z30 with LTE and bells and whistle.
    03-11-14 01:12 PM
    The Z3 is confirmed to be adding 4G for other markets outside of emerging markets.

Quality Poultry - Channel PIN: C004B64D1
    03-11-14 11:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Those markets don't have 4g yet

From my Q10
    03-12-14 12:20 AM
    My argument is not for the guy who can afford a premium device and wants a to, but the guy who had a premium device that he got cheap on a 2 year contract, and has lost or broken his phone and still wants BB10. That person can't afford a brand new Z30 or Z10 outright, so what does he do?

Posted via CB10
    He could pick up one of the many used phones available from multiple sources. Even right here on the Crackberry forums.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.2141
    03-12-14 12:42 AM
    You completely missed my point, I know what the phone is for. I'm saying make a phone that works well for all and spend them across the market instead of targeting specific areas. A phone that is only available in emerging markets is still a Blackberry that someone in a developed market may love if it's available and offers the right features.

Posted via CB10
    Chen said Z3 will be available LTE in developed markets. There will be another version of it.