I have the silver Keyone which is 2.5 years old but looks like new. I returned to the forum because the screen turned on randomly without cause. The forum advised me to disable double tap. Now it is ok.

But the New Phone Smell has worn off and the recent TCL announcement leaves me uncertain about the future. I don't have a warranty and don't expect a hardware problem but I am wondering about software updates especially for security concerns. My instinct is to get another phone soon but the pragmatic choice would be to wait and see what falls from the news feed. The outlook seems not good according to forum posts.

I stiil have the Q10 which I use for a pizza timer or general alarm. While the KeyOne was on order, I had a loaner Samsung phone. It was tedious to use the virtual KB even though I am a touch typist .. I can't type with my thumbs and the touch screen is too touchy so I make a lot of typos. I have a couple of Das Keyboards. One them has no letters but I can type without looking because of tactile feedback.

Mechanical keyboards of old had the awkward QWERTY pattern so that fast typists would not jam the keys. QWERTY is irrelevant now but it is locked in for computer use. For tiny phone keyboards, a new pattern should be designed which is efficient for thumb typing.

Anyway, after looking at all the me-too phones, I am considering a Pixel. It said to have good cameras and security tech..
    02-12-20 11:38 PM
    You can switch on Dvorak or Colemak keyboard layouts on your Pixel.
    02-12-20 11:46 PM
    I have the silver Keyone which is 2.5 years old but looks like new. I returned to the forum because the screen turned on randomly without cause. The forum advised me to disable double tap. Now it is ok.

But the New Phone Smell has worn off and the recent TCL announcement leaves me uncertain about the future. I don't have a warranty and don't expect a hardware problem but I am wondering about software updates especially for security concerns. My instinct is to get another phone soon but the pragmatic choice would be to wait and see what falls from the news feed. The outlook seems not good according to forum posts.

I stiil have the Q10 which I use for a pizza timer or general alarm. While the KeyOne was on order, I had a loaner Samsung phone. It was tedious to use the virtual KB even though I am a touch typist .. I can't type with my thumbs and the touch screen is too touchy so I make a lot of typos. I have a couple of Das Keyboards. One them has no letters but I can type without looking because of tactile feedback.

Mechanical keyboards of old had the awkward QWERTY pattern so that fast typists would not jam the keys. QWERTY is irrelevant now but it is locked in for computer use. For tiny phone keyboards, a new pattern should be designed which is efficient for thumb typing.

Anyway, after looking at all the me-too phones, I am considering a Pixel. It said to have good cameras and security tech..
    Nokia 7.2. Android One.
    02-12-20 11:58 PM

If your looking for a camera phone then the pixel won’t disappoint, it’s an amazing camera,my only issue with the phone and the one that sadly made me put mine up for sale is typing, the phone is long and narrow & doing the finger gymnastics is long gone,my hands would be in agony for hours afterwards ,but that’s a personal point of view,depending on how good your are with virtual keyboards the pixel is a excellent phone..
    02-13-20 03:59 AM
    I have the Pixel 2XL. As is mentioned you can change the layout of the keyboard. You can also change the height of the keys. Autocorrect is pretty good too.
    02-13-20 12:51 PM