I currently have a BB Curve 8330. My carrier is Verizon. My phone continues to work fine right now but I'm looking ahead to when it dies. I know Verizon is getting the iPhone, not sure if I want to get it or not. I'm happy with my Curve. So if I wanted to stay with BB, what are some opinions out there on the state of BB phones. What are some of the pros & cons of the phones out there. I've been reading some things on the different phones, updates coming or not coming, that Verizon is abandoning the BB. So I come to the experts to get some opinions of what's what in the BB & Verizon world. Thank you for any and all help. You guys have been a great help in the past when I've had problems!
    Thanks.
    Pam
    02-04-11 05:43 PM
    9650 Bold is a really nice phone. I would recommend that one if you want to stay with BB. There are other options, but that will be a huge jump up for you coming from an 8330.
    02-04-11 06:00 PM
    9650 Bold is a really nice phone. I would recommend that one if you want to stay with BB. There are other options, but that will be a huge jump up for you coming from an 8330.
    +1

Your only option if you want to stay in BB is the 9650. You will get a HUGE difference..
    02-04-11 07:09 PM
    Agree with the others but if you are able to wait there is a whole new lineup of other devices coming out this year....8330 was my first bb and I loved that thing. But the newer devices are much better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-11 08:37 PM
    I to came from a Curve 8330 to a 9650 Bold. It is a nice upgrade and u would not be unhappy with it. As mentioned above rumor has several new models on the horizon so if you aren't having issues with your curve ( there solid as a rock ) then waiting a little while longer might give you a few more options to pick from!

02-05-11 02:41 AM
    Thank you everyone for your input. I can wait so I will. I'll go check out the 9650 Bold just to get an idea of the difference between my dark ages technology and a newer version.
    02-16-11 04:42 AM
    verizon iphone this summer! Wait till they come out with the iphone 5
    -100 for Uselessness. The OP was asking about BlackBerry.
    02-16-11 02:08 PM
    be careful of those warning you to get a bold 9650. Bet only a small amount actually own one like i do. I liked mine, it worked okay, until i brought in the official os6 update-now the phone is garbage. Countless battery pulls since people cant hear me on calls, or get text messages days later-or the system itself is really slow and laggy. I'm moving on to android, think you should too, especially if bb phones are phased out from verizon. That or the new iphone 4 maybe even 5 by this june. This is a bb fan site-but you have the right to look around and not feel obligated by those who worship a certain logo. Happy hunting!
    Revert back to OS5 if you are having so many issues with OS6. Several people have reported issues with it. I personally will stick with OS5, and I did use the 9650 on Verizon, and it was an amazing device.
    02-17-11 11:13 AM
    Official really means nothing. It just means that Verizon said that one of the beta releases of OS6 was good enough for them to put their name on it. Probably not one thing from the beta was fixed....and they "officially" released it.

Since the 9650 comes with OS5, downloading OS6 may or may not work. If it was a device that came with OS6, such as the 9800 Torch, and you had these issues, then I would say that you have some ground to stand on.
    02-17-11 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD