Why is it every time there is a new phone launch, it's treated like the second coming of God. I find it quite amusing, everyone follows the same script standing in front of a large screen explaining the wows of the new phone, audience goes crazy. Unless it's making my morning coffee & can brush my teeth , it's just cell phone that's all.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 10:47 AM
    Because it's new and most people like new things.
    10-05-16 10:49 AM
    If you can find an audience that goes crazy over a BlackBerry launch please let us know.
    10-05-16 10:53 AM
    Well I think phones have become way beyond being something purely functional. They are a very personal thing now, almost part of someones identity. They carry very central points of your life after all - every day and ready at your hand.

Plus phones represent the newest trends and achievements in technology, which is why also a large amount of enthusiasts follow their development.

The phone, in its Hardware, kind of represents all this in one single item. I think that's what makes it so special for many.

There are car shows for car enthusiasts and book fairs for the readers, so it is with phones.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-05-16 11:24 AM
    Good points made tks,

Posted via CB10
    10-05-16 12:12 PM
    Because you use them a lot. More than anything else. So people care about the new phones they will use.

Also phones are now more focused on the high range device, with it being the poster boy of the company. You've I, II, II, etc of certain devices. They carry the same name. Not like it was in the past. With every company releasing several high range phones and you would get lost in between.
    10-05-16 12:19 PM
    Oooh! Shiny new thing! Let me see it! Closer! Closer! Can I touch it? I wanna see what makes it tick! What happens when I drop it? Will it blend? Some people would rather watch tech news than get involved in watching a TV show or political news. Me included. It's entertainment at its finest.

Via the Classy Classic
    10-05-16 07:21 PM
    If you can find an audience that goes crazy over a BlackBerry launch please let us know.
    I have always been quite happy when a new BlackBerry is released

Via the Cobalt Classic
    10-05-16 07:32 PM
    I have always been quite happy when a new BlackBerry is released

Via the Cobalt Classic
    Me too

Posted via my old faithful Z10
    10-05-16 07:34 PM
    Why is it every time there is a new phone launch, it's treated like the second coming of God. I find it quite amusing, everyone follows the same script standing in front of a large screen explaining the wows of the new phone, audience goes crazy. Unless it's making my morning coffee & can brush my teeth , it's just cell phone that's all.

Posted via CB10
    If any of us, including you, felt that a phone was just a phone, we probably wouldn't have signed up to be a part of an online community devoted to a type of phone....
    10-06-16 12:14 AM
    If BlackBerry were to surprise launch a new BB10 phone tomorrow I'd bet there'd be a lot of people going crazy over it... maybe just the people on CB but it still counts!

The BB10 launch way back when was pretty exciting, or at least I thought so anyways...
    10-06-16 12:25 AM
    I agree with the OP.

I find it amusing that people would spend up to a grand for a phone then use it just for messaging, and buy new phones like that every year or two.

Just so you know, being a fan of technology does NOT require spending tons of money on new things, or even getting excited for the new tech.

I am a big BlackBerry fan; and I just have my Z10, Q10, and Z30 which are all over 3 years old now.

Posted via CB10
    togarika likes this.
    10-06-16 12:36 AM
    Because an average human's life is very bland.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 01:32 AM
    A lot of money goes into marketing psychology. If any of us could truly answer your question, we would be millionaire marketers.
    10-06-16 01:41 AM
    Apart from the next Pkb there is nothing that is interesting. Every year better camera and SoC. No innovative stuff. I'm waiting for the foldable smartphones. That would really excite me. I guess Galaxy X by Samsung or something like that will arrive next year.
    10-06-16 07:01 AM
    That is what is so amazing.

BB10 whilst waiting.....
    10-06-16 02:46 PM
    If BlackBerry were to surprise launch a new BB10 phone tomorrow I'd bet there'd be a lot of people going crazy over it... maybe just the people on CB but it still counts! The BB10 launch way back when was pretty exciting, or at least I thought so anyways...
    They don't do those anymore. The Android "launch" was held at the Waterloo Tim Horton's. Some customers happened to overhear two BlackBerry employees talking about it while waiting in line for a half dozen glazed and a cup of Joe.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-06-16 06:34 PM
    OP you obviously don't read the comments section of the blog. Any time a new device is even mentioned there are people foaming at the mouth going crazy over it. And that's just on a Blog post.

When Chen (awkwardly) introduced the Passport at the BlackBerry event I'm pretty sure that some people needed medical attention just following along on the live feed.

Forget about it when Thor introduced BB10. I feel confident in saying that several people passed on out of sheer giddy excitement.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-06-16 07:44 PM