Firstly,

I am 100% loyal to Blackberry and have been so the last 8 years. Slowly it's getting on my nerves that RIM is making all the phones look the same. There's no eye candy whatsoever for people who want that extra multimedia experience combined with a work phone. I know there are alot of dell haters out there but seriously, take the Dell Streak combined with a bluetooth headset and that is a wicked phone/toy.

Only way I'd stay with blackberry would be if they brought that half touchscreen/qwerty combo (not slider). The slider is very 90's..... Bold 9700 looks like the Tour, and there's very little optical difference. I have the Bold9000 and have been happy with it. Think they should bring out another Bold9000 type phone. Though i dont like the iphone I think it dominates the Storm (sorry storm lovers)

Your opinions?

RIM start setting trends instead of following them
    05-27-10 03:27 AM
    The dell lightning, to me, looks like a great combo of specs and beauty.
    05-27-10 03:51 AM
    The device that you say will keep you with BlackBerry isn't being made anywhere else. I haven't seen any plans from any manufacturer this year for a device that has a front facing physical qwerty keyboard with the exception of RIM. So it seems like you are limited to touchscreens and sliders. But you said you don't like sliders. So what device are you looking to switch to? I'm a little confused at what you are looking for. Is your discontent solely with form factor?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 05:09 AM
    RIM doesn't do trends, they come and go like the seasons. RIM does what works, and what will always work. If it ain't broke don't fix it. They could improve on a few things, but RIM should never forget what they are best at. Making kick a$$ phones that just plain work.
    05-27-10 05:20 AM
    @ Dwayne : My problem is Storm screen is waaay behind. Im willing to give up a qwerty and go touch if its smooth and the multimedia features are nice.

There are various touch/qwerty phones... The Dell Streaker is the one im contemplating. I wish they would stop producing series of phones that all look alike. The Bold used to look totally different from the Curve etc. Now they all look the same and are almost the same size

@ride: well, there's a reason why there's so many people jumping from RiM to the Iphone ......

maybe they should start
    05-27-10 06:21 AM
    [QUOTE=kuzak20;5167817]@ Dwayne : My problem is Storm screen is waaay behind. Im willing to give up a qwerty and go touch if its smooth and the multimedia features are nice.

There are various touch/qwerty phones... The Dell Streaker is the one im contemplating. I wish they would stop producing series of phones that all look alike. The Bold used to look totally different from the Curve etc. Now they all look the same and are almost the same size

@ride: well, there's a reason why there's so many people jumping from RiM to the Iphone ......

maybe they should start[/QUOTE

I don't know if RIM is going to produce a device that you are going to be interested in anytime soon if that's the type of device you want. But I do understand where you are coming from. I had gottwn the itch really badly late last year to get a different device and I have to say from experience thsat the grass isn't greener on the other side. There is a reason why BlackBerry smartphones are top sellers and have a huge following. They are really amazing and a lot of other devices don't really compare. But I do think that it is good to try something different every once in a while to see if you may like a different device. Try out the other devices and see if they meet your needs. If they don't, you can always get another BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 09:22 PM

Your opinions?

RIM start setting trends instead of following them
    I will stick with Blackberry. LOL @ eye candy. Some of the things I read on
    CB are hilarious.

Thanks!
    05-27-10 09:37 PM
    I am 100% loyal to Blackberry and have been so the last 8 years.
    This is what I don't understand. 100% loyal to blackberry? Why? Are they paying you? Do they have photos of you in compromising positions? I truly don't understand this whole blackberry "loyalty" thing. I buy what I like.
    05-27-10 09:43 PM
    This is what I don't understand. 100% loyal to blackberry? Why? Are they paying you? Do they have photos of you in compromising positions? I truly don't understand this whole blackberry "loyalty" thing. I buy what I like.
    Whoa... another hilarious post! LOL

What can't you get about people liking a different phone from what you like?
    The reason there are so many different types of phones is because people
    have different tastes of what they "like".
    05-27-10 09:47 PM
    Whoa... another hilarious post! LOL

What can't you get about people liking a different phone from what you like?
    The reason there are so many different types of phones is because people
    have different tastes of what they "like".
    That's fine, but I'm not 100% loyal to anything that I'm not related to.
    05-27-10 09:55 PM
    That's fine, but I'm not 100% loyal to anything that I'm not related to.
    Here's a clue... you're only buying your own phone, not phones for everyone.
    05-27-10 10:00 PM
    Here's a clue... you're only buying your own phone, not phones for everyone.
    My phone boots up in 44 seconds.
    05-27-10 10:03 PM
    Good for you.

My phone is always on!

05-27-10 10:05 PM
    Good for you.

My phone is always on!

My phone is Gold!

05-27-10 10:13 PM
    Good for you.

My phone is always on!

Excluding battery pulls?
    05-27-10 10:16 PM
    Excluding battery pulls?
    Phones, like computers, benefit from restarting... and I delete themes
    constantly or add new ones, so I do use Quick Pull or battery pull or restart
    after deleting an application. I really don't find it at all annoying the way
    some other people do.
    05-27-10 10:21 PM
    Loyal is a reference to I would choose a berry over any other phone if it came close.

But recently RIM hasn't brought anything out that impressed me. The slider is lame, Bold 9700 also. Storm? Please..... Click click click click click

Whatever happened to plans of Pluto/Magnum? There is so much feedback from people interested in these dunno why they don't make them.

Bold 9650 seems nice. But it's more like a 2.0 version of the 9000. Nothing really "new or Innovative"
    05-28-10 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD