I have noticed when a new PB OS comes out and this week my two indicators happened.

1st, BlackBerry Bridge Update and
    2nd, Slacker Radio for PB Update

Whenever these two together have been updated a new PB OS update is not far behind.

Anyone else noticed this?
    07-01-12 08:54 PM
    Answer Hazy, Ask Again Later.

remmy00 and jacknewp like this.
    07-01-12 08:58 PM
    Coming Soon™ .... Maybe..... Kinda .... Sorta..... Not ..... Really ...... Wait-for-it...... OOoops .... Next Week.... Maybe...... Coming Soon™

1. The bridge update was only for the bridge browser issue.. nothing more.
    2. I don't have Slacker Radio.
    Tim1131 and jacknewp like this.
    07-01-12 10:43 PM
    I'm going to step out on a limb and say it's coming soon
    07-01-12 10:58 PM
    With Research In Motion the only sure thing is delayed delivery and misinformation.
    jacknewp and dfb8085 like this.
    07-01-12 11:33 PM
    Highly doubtful, RIM's winding down development of all things PB.
    07-02-12 01:02 AM
    So you're saying that OS 2.1, which is now in public developer beta and installed on thousands of enthusiast PBs (including mine - love the new Android integration), will never be officially released?

Because it qualifies as one whopper of an update!

Frankly, I'm thinking mid-July, but then I'm not an angry, cynical rodent, so...

RCK
    07-02-12 02:42 AM
    It's coming within 60 days, then we're going to leapfrog the competition
    07-02-12 03:02 AM
    Considering the current situation I think it would be a nice gesture if Rim gave us an update or two for our PB's over the next few months ;-)
    07-02-12 03:06 AM
    I wish the mods would label this thread "[Complete Speculation]." Then we would know it will turn out to be true in a couple of days.
    app_Developer and JeepBB like this.
    07-02-12 06:09 AM
    I'd doubt we will see anything until 4G Playbook is released. Hopefully it will have 2.1.
    07-02-12 08:49 AM
    As I understand it, the PlayBook was a testbed for their new OS...

But Plans changed and BB10 is suppose to by a combination of the pure QNX on the PlayBook with portions of the BBOS thrown in so they could get the OS working without too long of a delay (yeah right). So why not go ahead a release BB10 for the PlayBook and start testing it out?? No reason to wait eight or nine months at this point.
    07-02-12 09:16 AM
    Highly doubtful that it will be released soon. And 2.1 will likely be the last update to PB you'll ever see, IMHO.
    07-02-12 11:50 AM
    Considering you had so little credibility to begin with, it's hard to believe that you have even less after this statement....
    07-02-12 11:59 AM
    Considering you had so little credibility to begin with, it's hard to believe that you have even less after this statement....
    Anybody can flame anyone else from the safety of his own living room. What have I said before, exactly, that has turned out to be false?
    Sucroid likes this.
    07-02-12 12:18 PM
    Highly doubtful that it will be released soon. And 2.1 will likely be the last update to PB you'll ever see, IMHO.
    So you are convinced that BB10 will never come to the PB? Is this because you believe it will never ship at all? Or that if BB10 does ship it will be a total flop and RIM will then implode completely?

Please, explain the thought process that leads you to such a conclusion.

RCK
    07-02-12 12:31 PM
    So you are convinced that BB10 will never come to the PB? Is this because you believe it will never ship at all? Or that if BB10 does ship it will be a total flop and RIM will then implode completely?

Please, explain the thought process that leads you to such a conclusion.

RCK
    I think you answered your own questions and they were very good and realistic answers.
    JeepBB and Fuzzballz like this.
    07-02-12 12:34 PM
    I think you answered your own questions and they were very good and realistic answers.
    If you think BB10 will not come out, that is one thing, but it will take some time to determine if it is a flop and by that time, BB10 will either be complete or very close to complete on the PlayBook and they will release it.
    07-02-12 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD