I'm very used it it and would gladly chuck mine out the window and back up over it if someone were to offer me a BlackBerry slider with a full physical keyboard instead.
    I'd "put it down" in a heartbeat.
    I guess you *can* make the case that it's "arguably" the best, since "best" is purely a matter of taste. I'd be on the side for something with a full keyboard, numbers and symbols included, with no belt. Yes it's innovative. Yes, I'm sometimes OK with the virtual options. But the numbers are poorly placed and hard to reach, and I simply want a physical place where my fingers "know" to always reach for certain symbols and numbers.

Why on earth would you want a Tellbelt? The Classic Keyboard is great, and is quite familiar to existing BOLD devices. The Passport keyboard is different, for sure, but offers a very unique experience, something that when you do get the hang of it, you won't want to put down anymore. It's arguably the best physical keyboard on a BlackBerry to date.

Let me ask, would you choose a BlackBerry Hybrid smart phone or a Samsung Galaxy SX running BB10?
    Attachment 329707
    janzeeschuimers likes this.
    01-26-15 09:23 AM
    I'm with you, except for the toolbelt. I think that's a holdover for folks who wouldn't let go of their legacy phones, and I personally don't see a real need for it.

I'll be disappointed if after the long wait for a BB10 slider all we get is a passport like compromise keyboard without full BB classic keyboard and toolbelt. If they put out both devices, then there is choice, but I can't choose another device with problematic Passport keyboard.
    01-26-15 09:26 AM
    The standard Samsung buttons could be repurposed to bb ones.
    Blackberry currently differentiates itself from ios and android by having no buttons and using swipe gestures.

I understand why some people want the tool belt, but BlackBerry needs to move on and innovate with new and improved ways of doing things. A touch enabled pkb is how we're moving forward, some of you oldies need to prepare for change.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 04:36 PM
    Blackberry currently differentiates itself from ios and android by having no buttons and using swipe gestures.

I understand why some people want the tool belt, but BlackBerry needs to move on and innovate with new and improved ways of doing things. A touch enabled pkb is how we're moving forward, some of you oldies need to prepare for change.

Posted via CB10
    While I agree with this sentiment, and truly appreciate the gestures, it has created a major barrier for new users. To a consumer who is unfamiliar with BB10, trying a demo phone can leave you wondering how the heck your supposed to do simple things like go back or view a settings menu. The toolbelt is largely unnecessary, although there is value to having dedicated call buttons and a trackpad.

In my ideal world, BlackBerry would offer two lines of phones, Classic and Modern, give us the BlackBerry Classic (Bold) and a Q10 (identical specs, classic being a bit longer) and a Torch Classic and the Visa (concept with popout kb) again with identical specs for easier build) technically this would serve most consumers, if a fulltouch slab was to come out it would be a "modern" line only. That would be a product line of only 6 phones: Passport, Classic and Q10 available now, Torch Classic, Visa/Victoria, new slab.

BB for Life
    01-26-15 05:23 PM
    To a consumer who is unfamiliar with BB10, trying a demo phone can leave you wondering how the heck your supposed to do simple things like go back or view a settings menu.

In my ideal world, BlackBerry would offer two lines of phones, Classic and Modern, give us the BlackBerry Classic (Bold) and a Q10 (identical specs, classic being a bit longer) and a Torch Classic and the Visa (concept with popout kb) again with identical specs for easier build) technically this would serve most consumers, if a fulltouch slab was to come out it would be a "modern" line only. That would be a product line of only 6 phones: Passport, Classic and Q10 available now, Torch Classic, Visa/Victoria, new slab.
    If anything, I think BB10 could use even more gestures, especially in the browser and native apps for swiping back and forward. Its only a matter of time before the other players implement gestures, and I'm quite surprised Apple took so long before it implemented gestures into the browser (i think it was ios7). Gestures are pretty much why I bought and still love my Macbook pro (& my z30), and I think people who have used gesture based trackpads will love BB10 too. To me, it makes a lot of sense for BB to make a tablet, I hate using an iPad and having to reach for that damn button all the time! Imagine a BB10 tablet with 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 figure gestures, that'd be way more productive than having to look around the screen and find touch or physical buttons. I know it's not economically feasible for BB atm, but if they did, I'd buy one instantly.
    01-26-15 07:08 PM
    Have to agree. BB10 pretty much invented the true Gestures.
    After using BB10, iOS and Android became very irritating to use, because it would not run like BB10. Takes way too long to navigate iOS and Android. They are both very UN-Intuitive.

BB10 spoils you lol

Posted by Q5
    neoberry99 likes this.
    01-27-15 11:24 AM
    Android Apps via BB10 are not as intuitive and lack gestures.
    Native BBW Apps are way more intuitive and the navigation is pure Gestures. Huge difference.

Posted by Q5
    01-27-15 11:26 AM
    As I write this from my perfectly fine Android CB app on a Z10.
    01-27-15 12:41 PM
208 ... 789