So it looks like we might see RIM announce the new OS7 devices tomorrow. I'm pretty sure the bold 9900/9930 will be inthe list but, do you guys think there might be some other ones announced? I'm thinking possibly the torch 2 and maybe the full touch torch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by redk; 07-26-11 at 12:39 PM.
    07-25-11 05:49 PM
    Links? Sources? More information?????? More details?
    07-25-11 05:56 PM
    Need something besides "you" just starting a thread on it....

This has been done for months now.

07-25-11 05:59 PM
    Does anybody look at the CB home page anymore?

http://crackberry.com/rim-announcing...vices-tomorrow
    07-25-11 06:01 PM
    Does anybody look at the CB home page anymore?

RIM announcing new BlackBerry 7 devices tomorrow? | CrackBerry.com
    Doesn't much look like it huh? Lol
    07-25-11 06:04 PM
    Edit - Too slow.
    07-25-11 06:06 PM
    I'm hoping the Bold 9790 'Bellagio' will be one of them
    07-25-11 06:06 PM
    If they don't have a release date(s) for 9900/9930, let alone 'their new devices' I'm gonna go ballistic

Why can't RIM announce a device along with a release date? Some would say its up to the carriers to decided. Well, then they should wait for the carriers to certify them and what not.

I'm not holding my breath. They can announce 25 devices for all that matters. No release dates = beating around the bush.

07-25-11 06:09 PM
    I'm hoping the Bold 9790 'Bellagio' will be one of them
    I doubt it. They said 7 new devices. 9900, 9930, 9810, 9850, 9860, 9350, 9360.
    07-25-11 06:12 PM
    sorry guys, I posted that kind of quick during a work break. The news is on the front page of crackberry as CX stated above.

07-25-11 06:12 PM
    the release date is coming soon.
    wait for the carriers. but the carriers is also waiting for rim.
    07-25-11 06:19 PM
    This is exciting, I really hope we get some solid dates as well instead of just "early fall" for example.
    07-25-11 06:22 PM
    If they don't have a release date(s) for 9900/9930, let alone 'their new devices' I'm gonna go ballistic

Why can't RIM announce a device along with a release date? Some would say its up to the carriers to decided. Well, then they should wait for the carriers to certify them and what not.

I'm not holding my breath. They can announce 25 devices for all that matters. No release dates = beating around the bush.

I agree to an extent. Although if you think about it - as soon as they announce the release date of the new phones - they likely wont sell a single existing model. From an inventory management stand point I understand. From a BB fanboy stand point I dont.
    07-25-11 06:26 PM
    I doubt it. They said 7 new devices. 9900, 9930, 9810, 9850, 9860, 9350, 9360.
    Depends how you count them

We've already seen leaked pictures of the 9790, recent leaked tutorial videos, and yesterday a leaked OS build for it

So... my theory is that the 9790 will be one of the 7
    07-25-11 06:53 PM
    Depends how you count them

We've already seen leaked pictures of the 9790, recent leaked tutorial videos, and yesterday a leaked OS build for it

So... my theory is that the 9790 will be one of the 7
    I wonder if it'll fit the 97xx batteries.

07-25-11 08:04 PM
    I'm getting very excited about these new phones, even knowing that QNX is on the horizon. In the leaked videos of them they are all running so smooth.
    07-25-11 08:43 PM
    (Sorry dave1812, I edited out my previous response due to the mods deleting our comments, so part of your comment below may be out of context now)

So it looks like we might see RIM announce the new OS7 devices tomorrow. I'm pretty sure the bold 9900/9930 will be inthe list but, do you guys think there might be some other ones announced? I'm thinking possibly the torch 2 and maybe the full touch torch.

I'm thinking it will either be a solid release date for the 9900/9930, or possibly the official announcement and showing off of the 9850/60 and Torch 2. Although I am sincerely hoping for the latter
    Last edited by 01itr; 07-25-11 at 09:30 PM.
    07-25-11 09:24 PM

I was posting that as a response to a previous member who suggested I alert a moderate to look over this thread. I figured I would give a warning, to let those people know that I would report them if they continued to contribute to the derailing of the thread.

Last comment I am posting about this. Back to the original point of the thread.
    You don't need to issue warnings. Simply report what you think runs afoul of the rules. The mods here will issue warnings as necessary (I've gotten my own from time to time).

now back on topic...I don't think OS7 is enough to stop the mass defection of BB owners to Android. I don't think that QNX will be quite the savior that some partial to RIM think it will be, albeit QNX IS very intriguing (I mean, after using BBOS, who couldn't love A CHANGE???)
    07-25-11 09:28 PM
    I don't think OS7 is enough to stop the mass defection of BB owners to Android.
    I agree with this. I think it will be far from the saviour that RIM needs. But I don't think they are relying on it as such. I think it is just a band-aid fix to hold them over until they can release the QNX phones. And I think QNX will be make it or break it for RIM.
    07-25-11 09:32 PM
    I'm completely psyched for the 9900 which should pair brilliantly with my playbook.
    07-25-11 09:36 PM
    I agree with this. I think it will be far from the saviour that RIM needs. But I don't think they are relying on it as such. I think it is just a band-aid fix to hold them over until they can release the QNX phones. And I think QNX will be make it or break it for RIM.
    I totally agree with you--QNX is make or break, and OS7 is just an interim OS that won't excite people much (other than the die hard RIM loyalists, who'll take any bone they can get)
    07-25-11 09:46 PM
    I'm thinking it will either be a solid release date for the 9900/9930, or possibly the official announcement and showing off of the 9850/60 and Torch 2. Although I am sincerely hoping for the latter
    I don't believe release dates for 9900/30 will even get a mention, as RIM have already done that. They've stated 'this summer' and that's their bit done, the rest is down to the carriers.

The title basically says what will happen. OS7 will be showcased, and the full range of the 7 OS7 devices will be officially announced.

07-25-11 09:53 PM
    I'm completely psyched for the 9900 which should pair brilliantly with my playbook.
    Could you define "totally psyched" for me? Does it mean you can't sleep nights? Does it mean you think about the 9900 more than sex? The reason I ask is that once upon a time, I was excited to see the Palm Pre--but reality hit me like ice water tossed onto one's back while sunbathing--when I got to hold that little POS "jewel" only to discover I couldn't even read the tiny text (Palm didn't think of making the fonts adjustable), and a whole host of other issues. Then I got excited about the first Android at Verizon. Another MEH.

Fast forward to today and there are lots of "MEH" phones that I've passed on, after seeing them up close and personal. My gadget-buying fun is dashed by the mediocre quality of the current offerings. Now I wonder if the Bionic will be more "MEH". All that leaves is the Galaxy S2... sigh. It's tough to own a phone that one hates and the replacement I need hasn't been made yet. What I WANT is the beautiful screen of the Fascinate, the volume of a BB, and the reliability of the OS like iOS, but with far more features and none of Herr Job's stamp of control over it. I don't want much, do I?
    07-25-11 09:53 PM
    I wonder if it'll fit the 97xx batteries.
    I think you already know it won't Brian

The 9790 will use the same JM1 battery as the 9900/30.

07-25-11 09:59 PM
    i completely agree with the QNX comments. Although, and this is complete speculation, it could be the last push of mass-business friendly devices for awhile if a QNX device comes out as present rumours stand. I van tell you my gobt department will not buy a keypad-less phone.
    07-25-11 10:00 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD