Google is never going to permit Google Play on to BB10. Never in a million gazillion years. No matter how Crackberry users tries to rationalize it, the decision will never make sense for Google.

Let's stop pumping false hope and bringing about subsequent disappointment. I mean Crackberry has fallen for the old photoshop hoax too many times: at least twice with native Instagram and once with Google Play. For individuals who claim to be smarter than Android and iOS users, it's time to act the part and wizen up.
    Since you aren't Google's CEO, I wouldn't say NEVER . Smh you try to act as the Oracle, yet you have very little substantial fact to back it up. Blackberry hasn't approached Google yet or gotten rejected. It is very very possible they won't get licensed but it's not out of the question exactly

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 12:01 AM
    Idk why u people want play store when there is snap and 1mobile market! :S

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    01-26-14 12:29 AM
    Please what is a BlackBerry runtime for Android? And how do I use it? Anyone?

Posted via CB10
    it runs in the back ground when needed you don't have to do anything
    01-26-14 01:07 AM
    There are some changes in how your operating system works with the new release. You will have more features, and your phone run smoother and faster.

The Android deal everyone is excited about is because it will become easier to run free android apps. I still haven't found a way to run android apps that cost, and I also can't seem to make in app purchase, such as buying things inside games.

With the early BB OS if I wanted to use an android app, I needed to go find a .bar file for an android app, download it onto my computer, install a sideloading type of app onto my computer and then use that to load the .bar file onto my phone, then finally go find the .bar file in my download file and click it to install it. And even then it was sketchy at best. Sometimes they worked great and sometimes they didn't.

With the new OS 10.2.1. there are less steps and more android apps available. The steps now are to install an android store site, something like Snap (it is well worth taking the time to figure out how to sideload this), Download Manager, Apps for Android in BB world, or Amazon Appstore, then click on this installed app to open it and find the android app you want, click to download any free app, and it will generally install directly to your BB including it's own icon already on screen in your first available blank space for an icon.

As you can see, considerably less steps, and things like Netflix and snap chat are available using this shorter method. Keep in mind this only works for free apps, you need to check permissions you are granting carefully. Sorry for the long answer, but hopefully this answers your questions.
    I've read that the Amazon app store allows for paid apps. I've not paid for one yet, but I've downloaded many paid ones for free from Amazon during their promotions. They work fine. Snap even shows them as paid apps since it seems to see all of the Amazon installed apps.

I'd assume in app purchase would work being billed to your Amazon account too.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-26-14 01:55 AM
    Since you aren't Google's CEO, I wouldn't say NEVER . Smh you try to act as the Oracle, yet you have very little substantial fact to back it up. Blackberry hasn't approached Google yet or gotten rejected. It is very very possible they won't get licensed but it's not out of the question exactly

Posted via CB10
    The fact that the Amazon app store works perfectly with full purchase ability seems to suggest even less reasons for Google Play to be blocked.

BlackBerry isn't making any income from apps bought from Amazon, why should Google be any different?

Neither make income for BlackBerry but both could make users happy!

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-26-14 01:57 AM
    The new OS has all sorts of new features besides the ability to directly install Android APK app files.

There is no indication that BlackBerry will have Google Play directly integrated in this, which is not a big surprise really, for a variety of reasons.

If you want to get a general idea of what 10.2.1 offers, please check the following Crackberry blog posts:

Video walkthrough of the new features in BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 | CrackBerry.com

Talking OS 10.2.1 and Android apps on BB10 FAQ, w/ BlackBerry's Alec Saunders | CrackBerry.com
    Yeah like Quick Dial on the Q10 and Q10 keyboard shurtcuts The full list of BlackBerry Q10 keyboard shortcuts | CrackBerry.com, seems to favour the Q10 massively!
    01-26-14 02:55 AM
    I do not like the fact that I have to side load snap to start downloading apk's. This is probably the reason why I'll never use snap. I don't want to have to side load ever again in my life.
    Do I have to side load 1mobile market? And amazon store too? Can't I just go to the Web and download?

From Zuri my Z10.
    01-26-14 03:05 AM
    Hey guys! I downloaded the leaked OS on my pc, but it is a zipped file. What do I do pls

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 03:38 AM
    Hey guys! I downloaded the leaked OS on my pc, but it is a zipped file. What do I do pls

Posted via CB10
    Unzip it.
    Not sure but windows and most Linux have installed the tools for doing that and I'm sure osx too...

Wenn du mir sagst, was dort drau�en richtig ist, werde ich nicht mehr versuchen dich zu k�ssen... (Sayumi Whisp) www.sayumi.de
    01-26-14 04:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    Download 7zip to unzip it.

Posted via CB10
    sumbaba38 likes this.
    01-26-14 08:21 AM
    I do not like the fact that I have to side load snap to start downloading apk's. This is probably the reason why I'll never use snap. I don't want to have to side load ever again in my life.
    Do I have to side load 1mobile market? And amazon store too? Can't I just go to the Web and download?

From Zuri my Z10.
    No you don't have to sideload 1mobile and amazon. Just point your bb10 browser to their respective sites and there will be a link to download the apk for the store directly from the site. Then you just install the apk like a normal app.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 08:24 AM
    Yep snap is BAR file, apk can be direct download no need to sideload in 10.2.1.1925

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 08:27 AM
    What about getting netflix??will that ever be available

Posted via CB10
    It runs perfectly on 10.2.1.1925 and you don't have to sideload it.
    01-26-14 08:42 AM
    No you don't have to sideload 1mobile and amazon. Just point your bb10 browser to their respective sites and there will be a link to download the apk for the store directly from the site. Then you just install the apk like a normal app.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome! Thank you very much

From Zuri my Z10.
    01-26-14 09:39 AM
    Awesome! Thank you very much

From Zuri my Z10.
    Another one one the forums is Aptoide. No need to sideload either. Straight apk download and you're good to go!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    01-26-14 11:16 AM
    I believe you can still side load apps from Google play. But someone correct me if I'm wrong. But its a legal thing Google has not given permission to blackberry. But what we do have is snap, 1 mobile market droid store( not currently working). They are 3rd party stores That allows you to download android apps directly to your devise like the play store and like blackberry world. No need for side loading. That is what.i have come to understand. If I am wrong someone please correct me. It is pretty cool though, I found all the apps that I use. So no complaints from me.

Posted via CB10
    Its not a legal thing my friend... Its just the devices that use Play Store have to be certified or something for them to be able to use them. They call it compatibility license or something or another. Its free.

Source: Link
    01-26-14 04:47 PM
    [QUOTE=olga421;9902080]With the new os update over the horizon,will we be able to download from the Google play store? The same as if we had an android phone? If not pls elaborate what this new os is all about? If anyone knows.thanx

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE

at .75$ per device for having Google store pre installed... I doubt BlackBerry would waste money on that. It's much easier to jut start accept android apps directly into BB store.
    01-26-14 06:14 PM
    Google is never going to permit Google Play on to BB10. Never in a million gazillion years. No matter how Crackberry users tries to rationalize it, the decision will never make sense for Google.

Let's stop pumping false hope and bringing about subsequent disappointment. I mean Crackberry has fallen for the old photoshop hoax too many times: at least twice with native Instagram and once with Google Play. For individuals who claim to be smarter than Android and iOS users, it's time to act the part and wizen up.
    Lol!! What makes you the authority for Google? Are you the CEO of Google or are you related to him that you are so absolute about what Google will or will not do? SMH.
    01-26-14 07:03 PM
    Stuck here. Lol! Anyone?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 07:11 PM
    Picture not uploading

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 07:12 PM

From Zuri my Z10.
    I would avoid 1mobile; Amazon Appstore, Aptoide, and even Good eReader App Store is not bad.......just my 2 cents.
    01-26-14 07:13 PM
    i dont agree if google play will run on Blackberry 10. If it happens, Google will manage blackberry and of course blackberry will merge with google. Its fun to have android apps running on our device but i just dont like if Android and Blackberry get merged. I'd rather keep it this way, thought.
    01-26-14 07:42 PM
    Please how do I install leaked os to my phone?

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 07:44 PM
    Please how do I install leaked os to my phone?

Posted via CB10
    Here
    How to install a leaked OS on BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    sumbaba38 and Omnitech like this.
    01-26-14 07:48 PM
    Unless Google approves of BlackBerry 10 usage of the Google Play Store it will never happen. Knowing that BlackBerry 10 is not an Android device but instead if runs a runtime of Android and not the full OS I doubt they will ever approve it unless BlackBerry makes an Android phone.

So please stop asking...

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 08:26 PM
63 123