This is probably wishful thinking and me over looking into something...or just poor presentation from some of the apps on App World. If you look at the screen shots on some of the apps that show storm screen (i.e. speedtest) it shows a storm that is what appears to be all 1 piece with the 4 buttons on the bottom made into the screen....Iphonish.... Wondered if anyone else saw this...
    04-01-09 10:24 AM
    Can someone post a screenshot from their phone. I haven't been on App World yet. Cause I heard there's this one and a 9900 model phone on there.
    04-01-09 12:19 PM
    Pics for speed Test the OP was talking about
    04-01-09 12:31 PM
    Rim is getting ridiculous in times,
    04-01-09 12:35 PM
    i think those of from proto type storms alot of the early revision looked like that
    04-01-09 12:42 PM
    To me that looks like someone photoshopped a Bold by stretching the screen down and moving the buttons to the bottom...

We all have to remember that RIM just won an award for their innovative SurePress technology...so why would they stop with the existing Storm? They're going to stick with what works...whether we like it or not.

I think we can all be pretty confident that the Storm 2 or whatever they call it will still have some version of the SurePress screen.
    04-01-09 02:21 PM
    That was probably an early sketch of what they wanted the Storm to look like. I highly doubt they're gonna make that a real device.
    04-01-09 02:41 PM
    yea, this is the first "official" idea of the "Thunder" released.

In BGR's first report on the "Thunder", he even bashed people for calling the phone the Storm saying, as of that point the name released was "Thunder".

Thankfully RIM rehashed the design and fixed it before releasing it.

that design is ghastly.
    04-03-09 02:30 PM
    Agreed, its the same as the sketches of what they thought the phone would look like. Like prototypes when it was called the "Thunder".
    04-03-09 02:54 PM
    rim did not create the speed test an independent company created it as well as
    submitted the screen shots for it, im sure its just a quick photoshop of the screen shot so it could be submitted , how could they take a screen shot of the entire phone??? its a screen shot posted on a picture
    04-03-09 03:03 PM
    Those are the early images of the Storm that emerged before official ones.
    04-03-09 04:50 PM
    Yeah, saw this too an was wondering the same thing.
    04-03-09 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD