I just got a BB curve 8330, I am still learning. I have a new message notification on my home screen, but I don't have a new message that I can find.

I looked in my email, bb messager, sms, and mms. I deleted the email that I have entered in on my bb, but it is still there.

Any sugestions on how to get rid of that notification? Thanks for the help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-18-09 10:46 PM
    The Search button is going to give you the best options. That is a very common problem with lots of BB owners. There is many options that can solve that depending on what is causing it on your phone.
    06-18-09 10:48 PM
    The Search button is going to give you the best options. That is a very common problem with lots of BB owners. There is many options that can solve that depending on what is causing it on your phone.
    Very helpful post
    06-18-09 10:51 PM
    I just got a BB curve 8330, I am still learning. I have a new message notification on my home screen, but I don't have a new message that I can find.

I looked in my email, bb messager, sms, and mms. I deleted the email that I have entered in on my bb, but it is still there.

Any sugestions on how to get rid of that notification? Thanks for the help.

Try a battery pull and see if that works, if not post back and we will go from there.
    06-18-09 10:52 PM
    Very helpful post
    if you were being sarcastic, well i agree with JORB. this question gets asked every single day of the week. in fact i saw it twice today. searching is key, especially for new users. and even with my knowledge and almost 1000 posts, i still search everyday for things.

and yes, a battery pull usually solves this issue.
    06-18-09 10:56 PM
    For a battery pull do I turn it off first or just pull the battery out without turning it off. Thanks again

06-18-09 11:24 PM
    Very helpful post
    Very nice double post...

For a battery pull do I turn it off first or just pull the battery out without turning it off. Thanks again

Leave your phone on when pulling the battery.

Oh and thanks Dictoresno.
    06-18-09 11:41 PM
    You are awesome the battery pull worked

06-19-09 12:34 AM
    JORB, youre welcome.

eklenken, just so you know, many of the little glitches you may come across with a Blackberry can *usually* be fixed with a battery pull. some examples are...stuck icons, network issues, frozen apps etc. also, consider pushing alt+right shift+del which will also reboot the phone and simulate a battery pull, without having to take the battery out.
    06-19-09 01:00 AM
    ah the wonders the battery pull can always fix
    these types of questions should be in the faq section or something
    06-19-09 01:05 AM
    ah the wonders the battery pull can always fix
    these types of questions should be in the faq section or something
    im sure they are, not to mention being in 3453458723946 threads that can be found by searching.
    06-19-09 01:12 AM
    dictoresno,
    I highly recommend that you read or maybe re-read (and repeat as required) the sticky
    CrackBerry Forums' New Year's Resolution!

Since your a expert at searching I'm sure you can find the thread yourself.

06-19-09 01:36 AM
    dictoresno,
    I highly recommend that you read or maybe re-read (and repeat as required) the sticky
    CrackBerry Forums' New Year's Resolution!

Since your a expert at searching I'm sure you can find the thread yourself.

hey thanks for the tip pal!!

yea ive read that a bunch of times, no need to re-read it. in fact, i think i was pretty nice and respectful to our new member by offering a solution and even an alternative solution to his problem. i also dont think JORB was out of line. he was respectful in letting the OP know that performing a seach for his topic, or even leafing through the first couple pages of a forum, he will most likely find an answer. he may not have offered a full solution however, but that was taken care of soon after.

its not like we gave him a one liner answer saying "SEARCH OR ELSE N00B!!"

and yea, i successfully utilized the search funtion to find the thread. not to mention, most of the time ill search on here or other forums for the answer to my question before i even think about posting it. unless its a dire emergency and i need to get it done, i do my own research. if everyone else did also, it would be alot easier. but hey i dont care, i still help out. nothing wrong with reminding the newer audience to utilize the search function.

keep in mind, moderators lock threads down when people post the same topics/ideas/questions after posting 5-6 search results too. so we are all guilty from the mods on down for telling people to search.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 06-19-09 at 02:31 AM.
    06-19-09 02:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD