Hi All,
    I just recently made the switch from a Palm Treo 755p to a new Blackberry Curve 8330 with Verizon. All I can say is wow! There is no comparison with these two phones. The Blackberry is much better in so many ways. I bought the Palm a few months back as my first smartphone. I was thinking to myself, this can't be how a smartphone acts....then I decided on the Curve. Blew the Palm away! This now feels the like what a smartphone should be. I love all of the apps and great stuff you can do with it. I have been combing this site for about a week trying to find as much info as I can about it. I am loving the phone so far! Only had it a few weeks...dropped it already and I had a conniption fit lol, no scratches luckily.
    08-07-09 01:52 PM
    Sweet deal! Welcome to Blackberry, d00d! And you only got the curve 8330...had you gotten the Tour you would have literally gone to Palm corp and smacked them all across the face! lol jk...maybe... >.>b
    08-07-09 02:06 PM
    Welcome to BB and CB!

You know that phrase "Once you go black you never go back"...well it's ACTUALLY about BlackBerry
    08-07-09 02:08 PM
    Welcome to our world! Looks like you are feeling that BB factor...makes you feel good don't it? :-) ....and RickRoss10 that "blackberry" line was priceless LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 03:50 PM
    my gf is on the verge of going from her Treo (the issues with it continue to get worse) to a Tour this weekend. The conversion is almost complete. ***evil laugh!***
    08-07-09 03:58 PM
    Welcome to the world of Crackberry. Treos make great doorstops.

Good luck and peruse the site its great.
    08-07-09 04:02 PM
    What are the main issues with the Treo?
    08-07-09 10:00 PM
    welcome to the power of BB
    08-07-09 10:01 PM
    Welcome(echo) to the real World of BLACKBERRY(echo). And yes this is what a smartphone is suppose to be like.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-09 10:19 PM
    I had a curve, very nice phone!
    08-07-09 10:22 PM
    i went from a 755p to a centro to a 800w and now my curve.
    my curve is the best so far. maybe when i get a tour i will be able to say the same
    08-07-09 10:25 PM
    Welcome to BB and CB!

You know that phrase "Once you go black you never go back"...well it's ACTUALLY about BlackBerry

haha very nice. i have to admit that you are shortchanging your self with the curve. especially if you are locked in for another year or two depending on upgrade. but welcome to the fam bam.
    08-07-09 11:54 PM
    welcome to the bb fam
    08-08-09 08:36 AM
    Welcome to BB and to the crackberry site this is by far the best site for users. I want from a razor straight to my Pearl and I have never gone back. It does make me mad when you think about all the time I wasted on other phones. Well I guess you can't turn back time. Unless we have an app for that.
    08-08-09 11:33 AM
    What are the main issues with the Treo?
    Well, my number one big issue was for Verizon you had to set up your email through the wireless sync website, and connected the Treo through that was a pain. Then it quit working altogether for no reason, just said my username was disabled by the administrator...that was the last straw.

2. It froze often and reset itself
    3. The apps for it were horible. So outdated and most of them useless.
    3. The phone was so big and clunky
    4. It seemed like it took forever to do something I can do in 2 seconds with the Curve.
    5. The battery life sucked, even with a brand new battery, screen turned way down and nothing running. Would barely last one day. With a lot of use not even a full day.
    08-10-09 10:28 AM
    You didn't have access to VersaMail? The Wireless sync software was horrible. Of course ChatterMail was the way to go. The email client on the BB still has a few steps to go to catch up to it.

I had many years of reliable service from my old Treo 700p on Verizon. I was sorry to see that phone go but a swim in a glass of water put it on the short list for replacement.
    08-10-09 01:07 PM
    I am enjoying my Blackberry very much but I don't think you knew all the capabilities of the Treo. It was a very capable phone in it's time. There are many things that the Treo's could do that you still can't do on a Blackberry. (Run applications from memory card is one). The perfect smart phone would be Blackberry hardware with an updated palm software. There were so many programs for the Palm platform and the you had the memory to install as many as you wanted.
    08-10-09 08:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD