07-19-11 02:23 PM
137 ... 456
tools
    BGR did NOT start the rumor. They were reporting what an RBC analyst had put out there. To blame BGR at ALL says everything about your biases and nothing about BGR.
    Are you saying they are blameless for an article they posted on their web site which was found to be puckey? Right - it must have been someone else who posted on someone elses web site.
    07-19-11 11:27 AM
    That's the problem. Why didn't RIM put RBC in the tweet too? People are losing focus. BGR didn't make this up. They got it from RBC which is a rather big outfit. If it was right, BGR hit it good. But many other sites ran the same story and sourced the same as BGR, which was RBC. Why isn't there some huge outlash against RBC is my point.
    I think it is a way for them to lash out at BGR and to also make it look like everything else recently posted by BGR is false because they just proved this rumor wrong. This is even with BGR not starting it.
    07-19-11 11:28 AM
    Yes, because they were simply reporting what an analyst had reported. Get over your biases...
    So... they're not responsible for the content on their web site?

And if you dont like it - dont read and stop responding.
    07-19-11 11:34 AM
    crickets lol.....
    07-19-11 11:51 AM
    Funny, I don't remember any corruption when RIM was on top. Or any corruption when BGR actually gave okay reviews to the Blackberry Storm when it came out. Yes, if you don't remember, go back and read the BGR review of the storm...

Remember, the saying around here is, if anything is negative, it's biased reporting. If it's positive, it's fair.
    Corruption has been around LONG before this BGR junk, as bloggers become more and more popular, and have less and less costs associated with being a blogger there has been a consistent trend of poorer and poorer "reporting" and the definition of "news" has been greatly blurred.

I don't like BGR, but as I wrote in another thread, I have not found them to be overly bias. I will say I still don't like his writing style, or how he markets his points.

But I also don't like the writing style of The National news paper, so I don't read them.
    But I can say the National before publishing has to do far more fact checking than BGR or many tech blogs who don't even go as far as to check sorces when they repost from tech blogs like BGR

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-11 11:53 AM
    I think it is a way for them to lash out at BGR and to also make it look like everything else recently posted by BGR is false because they just proved this rumor wrong. This is even with BGR not starting it.
    Bingo!!!
    More tech blogs sites BGR as sources than anything else, so RIM's twitter people saw this as a change to take a stab at BGR.

I really really think they should have posted a tweet JUST stating that they are not haulting production, and done the same on their facebook without calling anyone out.

It looks like a cat fight with RIM & BGR which is stupid

Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-19-11 11:57 AM
    Bingo!!!
    More tech blogs sites BGR as sources than anything else, so RIM's twitter people saw this as a change to take a stab at BGR.

I really really think they should have posted a tweet JUST stating that they are not haulting production, and done the same on their facebook without calling anyone out.

It looks like a cat fight with RIM & BGR which is stupid

Agreed. They are playing games with each other now.
    07-19-11 12:01 PM
    no offense to RMI but RIM cant win a battle like that right now. Only releasing a fantastic product (ie new os7 devices) will prove where the company is heading IMO
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-19-11 12:32 PM
    no offense to RMI but RIM cant win a battle like that right now. Only releasing a fantastic product (ie new os7 devices) will prove where the company is heading IMO
    RIM can't win a battle right now for public image even with a fantastic OS7 device on the market,
    They shouldn't EVER, play a twitter fighting game with a blogger, they have everything to lose the blogger doesn't.

RIM's PR needs to be focusing on getting the public excited about Blackberry features
    RIM's Production needs to ensure there are NO defective units being shipped to Carriers, step up QC
    RIM's Sales and legal need to be working hard on the Carriers to release devices that are ready
    RIM fans need to buy RIM products and act like iPhone users and show every friend and their brother their new Blackberry.

Then even if RIM sells 50,000,000 devices and 1,000,000 playbooks next quarter they STILL!! Shouldn't panty fight with a blogger

07-19-11 12:43 PM
    RIM can't win a battle right now for public image even with a fantastic OS7 device on the market,
    They shouldn't EVER, play a twitter fighting game with a blogger, they have everything to lose the blogger doesn't.

RIM's PR needs to be focusing on getting the public excited about Blackberry features
    RIM's Production needs to ensure there are NO defective units being shipped to Carriers, step up QC
    RIM's Sales and legal need to be working hard on the Carriers to release devices that are ready
    RIM fans need to buy RIM products and act like iPhone users and show every friend and their brother their new Blackberry.

Then even if RIM sells 50,000,000 devices and 1,000,000 playbooks next quarter they STILL!! Shouldn't panty fight with a blogger

Agreed. It was of poor taste to respond in such manner. It's been addressed though. Anyhow, yes the focus needs to totally be on the future and for the most part(very high percentage) it is. The 9810 & 99xx will give some much needed breathing room. Albeit for a short period of time. I've said it many times, RIM doesn't have to be number one to be successful. They know this and are focused on rebuilding what once was a leader in the smartphone industry. Patience.
    07-19-11 01:14 PM
    I've said it many times, RIM doesn't have to be number one to be successful. They know this and are focused on rebuilding what once was a leader in the smartphone industry. Patience.
    I agree. What I've noticed on the forums here is that many BlackBerry users seem to be defensive that they are not using the currently most popular device. In many ways, it reminds me more of folks following trends, such as fashion. It sounds more like they want BlackBerry to be most popular, so they can brag about how cool they are for owning one, and they get defensive since other devices are currently more popular.

Who really cares? It is no different than styles or brands of clothing. If I want to wear sneakers that are not the most popular brand, so what? I don't care if my friends have the hot new sneakers that everybody seems to be wearing. In a couple of years the trends in sneakers will change anyway.
    07-19-11 01:23 PM
    It's talking about production halt because of over supply. That doesn't mean a discontinuation of the product, support for the product, or no future production as needed.
    07-19-11 02:23 PM
137 ... 456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD