I just purchased a Jawbone ... today is my first day using it and I have a few questions:

(1) Regardless of which ear loop or ear piece I select, the Jawbone seems to pop loose when I lean forward. Are there any "tricks" to securing this thing in the ear?

(2) What is the deal with that little piece of rubber that covers the charging area on the Jawbone? That thing is so lightly connected that I'd guess that I'm going to lose that thing in a few days. Does Aliph actually expect that thing to stay on, or was it just there during shipping and you're not actually supposed to keep it in place?

Thanks in advance.
    02-14-08 12:41 PM
    1. Order some Jabra Minigels. Remove the stock earcap from the Jawbone and replace with the gel of your choice. I use the longest one, angled UP, believe it or not. I don't even use the earhook anymore!

2. The rubber cap is, according to Aliph, for shipping only, and is not needed. I keep it on there to keep schmutz out of the charging holes and to have a non-skid edge to prop it up on my desk when it's not in my ear.
    02-14-08 01:22 PM
    Good to know. Thanks.
    02-14-08 01:24 PM
    Seems silly to have to order different ear gels after paying that much money for a headset.
    02-14-08 07:25 PM
    I agree with you Kasp, tho....I did it too lol
    02-14-08 07:38 PM
    I have not had any problem with mine. THe ear pieces that came with it are fine. I did notice if you have the hole that the ear loop swinging the wrong way then it is not going to fit good on the right ear. Try flipping it over and using it on the left ear. if it works fine then just spin the hole around so that it fits on the other side.
    02-18-08 09:08 PM
    i was gonna get rid of mine,got it off ebay for 70.00 new with everything and without any earwax included but i couldnt really get the darn thing to fit correctly,so after foolin around with it,i might keep it,im still in my trial stages with the thing,what i have found is when wearing the earpiece,keep it angled toward your cheekbone/pointed towards your nose instead of angling it downward along the jawbone......
    03-08-08 05:44 PM
    Also, have you tried bending the metal ear piece hooks? That is the way to get it to stay put! I'm still in the trial stages with mine as well.
    03-17-08 02:24 AM
    I did adjust the earhook for awhile, but after it snapped, I got the minigels. I haven't used the earhook since.
    03-21-08 12:30 PM
    Where did u get ur minigels from and r they Jabra?
    03-21-08 12:40 PM
    Yes, Jabra, and I don't remember. I googled for them.
    03-21-08 01:28 PM
    The quick solution for the earpiece is is the Jabra MiniGels ... they make for a much more comfortable fit. You can get them at gammoth.com along with a ton of other stuff for Jawbone (even if your earpiece breaks, which those hooks are bound to!) ...

The Jawbone does do a great job of noise cancellation though ... so hopefully it works well for you!
    04-03-08 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD