I really don't think the two devices are in direct competition any longer.

BBRY has become a niche device with a small but largely loyal clientele while iPhone is really going head to head with the high end Samsung devices and, to a lesser extent, the other flagship Android devices like HTC One and the LG G2. While there will always be movement between different operating systems, the defections from iOS to BB10 are so small in number that it would be difficult to see how a new, larger iPhone truly threatens the Z30 and vice-versa. In other words, while Mercedes does produce several SUV models as does Chevy both appeal to different enough markets that neither poses a direct threat to each other even though their markets do potentially overlap at times.
    Last edited by NYC10065; 01-25-14 at 05:36 PM.
    SK122387 and SDTRMG like this.
    01-25-14 12:12 AM

BBRY has become a niche device with a small buy largely loyal clientele while iPhone is really going head to head with the high end Samsung devices and, to a lesser extent, the other flagship Android devices like HTC One and the LG G2. While there will always be movement between different operating systems, the defections from iOS to BB10 are so small in number that it would be difficult to see how a new, larger iPhone truly threatens the Z30 and vice-versa. In other words, while Mercedes does produce several SUV models as does Chevy both appeal to different enough markets that neither poses a direct threat to each other even though their markets do potentially overlap at times.
    Couldn't be any more clear than this explanation right here, ladies and gentleman.
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    01-25-14 12:36 AM
    Couldn't be any more clear than this explanation right here, ladies and gentleman.
    Yes that is pretty crystal clear.

I love my Z10. If I could break even in getting a Z30 I would. However, the crappy Z10 camera carried over from the Z10 to the Z30 and therefore I will not ever get a Z30. My wifes I5 takes beautiful pictures when my Z10 does not. I hate to admit it but a 5.5" iphone sounds like a great phone. The iphone just works, no leaks, no sideloading, it just works. I absolutely love BB10 as an operating system but I hate that my Z10 takes sh!tty phots indoors. I've been with BBRY since 2008 but my next phone is going to be a real difficult decision.
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    01-25-14 12:56 AM
    I really don't get all this talk.

All BB has to do is do good thigs and let consumers know about them.

I know many people who are getting BBs, want them or are thinking about it because I showed/told them things they didn't know that BB should have done.

For example, that there are big screened touch only BBs.

That there are BB phones with both keyboard and touch screen.

That BBs have replaceable battery.

That BBs have most apps most people use.

That BBs cost less than the competition.

The Hub.

Instant replies.

Play Store.

If BB keeps adding and doing good things and letting consumers know about it then they will do fine.

If BB does good things but consumers don't know then how will they buy?

If BB doesn't do good things then why would consumers buy?

Common sense.
    01-25-14 01:40 AM
    Are you sure about that? Both are in competition for our mindshare/pocket share.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    01-25-14 01:48 AM
    According to an article I just read on Yahoo yesterday, it stated that in order for the iphone 6 to stay competitive with todays offerings, it would have to have an amoled screen, so that seems to be the direction in which things are going in terms of resolution, especially if you want long lasting battery life.

If they decide to incorporate that into the iphone 6, it will be interesting to see how it plays out
    You do realize that the battery life Apple has been getting on their phones, they've been getting it with 1400-1500 mAh batteries? LCD displays are the least of their worries.

What you say about the AMOLED screens make no sense, so I'd actually like to read that article to get the specifics of what they're talking about. Link?
    01-25-14 02:16 AM
    The Spec Race is over.

It's been over since late 2011 and the only people that still care are those on tech blogs and in tech forums.

The only specs most people care about: Screen Resolution and Camera (Quality, the MP War is over too...). Internal Specs are too high to matter, unless you use an SoC that is clearly older/more limited than mainstream flagships at which case your device could be DOA on launch as "influencers" (consumers who influence the purchasing decision of less-educated (of tech) consumers) write the device off.
    01-25-14 02:30 AM
    I really don't get all this talk.

All BB has to do is do good thigs and let consumers know about them.

I know many people who are getting BBs, want them or are thinking about it because I showed/told them things they didn't know that BB should have done.

For example, that there are big screened touch only BBs.

That there are BB phones with both keyboard and touch screen.

That BBs have replaceable battery.

That BBs have most apps most people use.

That BBs cost less than the competition.

The Hub.

Instant replies.

Play Store.

If BB keeps adding and doing good things and letting consumers know about it then they will do fine.

If BB does good things but consumers don't know then how will they buy?

If BB doesn't do good things then why would consumers buy?

Common sense.
    A lot of your points are wrong/ non selling points.

1. A majority of the market couldn't careless about keyboards.
    2. I have a mophie pack for my iPhone. Extra juice is non issue
    3.BB is missing a lot of apps. The apps they share with other platforms is of lesser quality. Ex twitter/FB/the score/checks are all of inferior quality when compared to iOS/android/windows. Not to mention it's missing spotify, Netflix, hbogo,Hulu etc etc.
    4. BB's are less than the competition? Motorola/Nokia offers cheaper devices both with a superior ecosystem.
    5. Hub is great
    6. Instant replies can be duplicated on android
    7. Play store? I don't have that option on my z10

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk
    01-25-14 02:39 AM
    Android obviously has the best specs. And they make sure everybody knows. Quad-core processors and such. Iphones don't have the best specs but yet they sell in the millions. So why can't Blackberry be successful?
    01-25-14 08:09 AM
    Didn't apple say 3.5 inches was the perfect size for a phone for one handed uses, anything else would be blasphemy.

Apple is always wrong.

Now they are playing catch up.

Dangerous game.

Posted via CB10
    Didn't Blackberry same the same thing about touchscreen keyboards?

Use a lot of different phones.
    01-25-14 08:22 AM
    The new iPhones (if true) are not a threat to the Z30 because the Z30 isn't in direct competition with iOS. BB10 is battling WP devices if anything. The people who want a Z30 will still get a Z30. Most people simply aren't buying BBs in general so it really will not matter.
    01-25-14 08:27 AM
    Balti43- that 0.2 inches makes a difference because it's the diagonal, thus the increased area of the screen in two dimensions, not one.
    01-25-14 08:45 AM
    snip...But I don't think people are brainwashed. No one was saying the media was "brainwashing" people when everyone owned a BlackBerry.
    True. The media likened it to a "crack" addiction.

Brainwashed. Crack addiction.

Pick your poison.
    01-25-14 09:11 AM
    Calling a spade a spade here, you have done nothing but trash BlackBerry, why are you here.

Z30 on 2.2.1.1925 in Canada
    Don't pick fights. It's immature and annoying. Man up

Posted with my Q10!
    01-25-14 09:27 AM
    I didn't know apple invented the phablet!! When does it come out??

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 09:43 AM
    iPhone has an incredibly loyal customer base. More than any other brand of anything. A customer base that is not into forums or specs so you don't hear about them on iMore or any other iPhone fan forums. They don't care what anyone else has to offer. A customer base that no matter what, will always think BlackBerry is not relevant. Make an iPhone with a 2.5 inch screen..... they will wait in line to buy one at $1500 a piece. Make an iPhone with a 6 inch screen...... they will wait in line to buy one at $1500 a piece. Make an iPhone that is only for listening to music....... they wait in line to buy one. Their core base is customers that are not into specs or even care what BlackBerry or Windows may have to offer. They are just sitting around waiting for whatever Apple wants them to have, to come out so they can camp out at Best Buy. It's like trying to explain the political system of Greece to a bunch of 8 year olds. They just don't care. Until a marketing super-person comes along, BlackBerry will remain behind iPhones of any size with any specs.
    01-25-14 09:53 AM
    snip...and convince you that they invented it (fingerprint scanning and 64 bit, come on!),
    Apple never said they invented it. You convinced yourself of that.
    and it seems 90% of the US actually believe they are cool because they believe Apple drivel.
    The drivel is usually created by fan boys of opposite camps.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-25-14 10:35 AM
    iPhone has an incredibly loyal customer base. More than any other brand of anything. A customer base that is not into forums or specs so you don't hear about them on iMore or any other iPhone fan forums. They don't care what anyone else has to offer. A customer base that no matter what, will always think BlackBerry is not relevant. Make an iPhone with a 2.5 inch screen..... they will wait in line to buy one at $1500 a piece. Make an iPhone with a 6 inch screen...... they will wait in line to buy one at $1500 a piece. Make an iPhone that is only for listening to music....... they wait in line to buy one. Their core base is customers that are not into specs or even care what BlackBerry or Windows may have to offer. They are just sitting around waiting for whatever Apple wants them to have, to come out so they can camp out at Best Buy. It's like trying to explain the political system of Greece to a bunch of 8 year olds. They just don't care. Until a marketing super-person comes along, BlackBerry will remain behind iPhones of any size with any specs.
    Malarkey.
    01-25-14 10:42 AM
    You do realize that the battery life Apple has been getting on their phones, they've been getting it with 1400-1500 mAh batteries? LCD displays are the least of their worries.

What you say about the AMOLED screens make no sense, so I'd actually like to read that article to get the specifics of what they're talking about. Link?
    The iPhone 6: Five Features It Must Have To Stay In The Game - Forbes
    01-25-14 10:52 AM
    I just posted a link for you. I am only going on what I had read in the article. Take a look for yourself
    01-25-14 10:54 AM
    That article is laughable. Amoled screen is not something they are worrying about, or should worry about.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    01-25-14 10:55 AM
    The new iPhone doesn't need an AMOLED display. It just needs a 1080p display. LCD is perfectly fine, especially when you look at the ones on the LG G2 and HTC ONE. I remember many reviews claiming those screens were better than the high end AMOLED screens that are on the market right now.

4.5 inch and 1080p is a must. AMOLED is whatever.
    01-25-14 11:15 AM
    And they will still have a home button and the same old worn out OS.
    And I'm sure they will still sell millions, but if someone was seriously looking at BlackBerry over iPhone, the screen size wouldn't be the deciding factor.
    4.5" and 5.5"?
    Will Apple be supplying a cart to wheel it around? Maybe it would be easier to just strap a Playbook to my Z10.
    01-25-14 11:18 AM
    Didn't apple say 3.5 inches was the perfect size for a phone for one handed uses, anything else would be blasphemy.

Apple is always wrong.

Now they are playing catch up.

Dangerous game.

Posted via CB10
    That was the steve jobs era. Tim Cook is playing ketchup.
    01-25-14 11:24 AM
    That was the steve jobs era. Tim Cook is playing ketchup.
    More or less, the same thing we are doing right now
    01-25-14 11:26 AM
195 ... 45678