I have long been an avid Blackberry user and fan. I can't remember the model of my first BB but I remember that it had the scroll wheel on the side. It served me well until my son used it as a boat in the tub. Since that one I used a multitude of models including the 9000, 9700, 9780, 9800, and the 9810. Throughout the years I strayed away and tried everything form a Nokia N9, to various Samsung Android offerings and numerous iPhone Models. For whatever reason though I never felt"comfortable" with anything other than a Blackberry. There is something, at least to me, about a Blackberry and how I feel about using it compared to ther makes and models. I think a real testament to BB though is that I currently own a Z10 and a Q10 and still feel the same comfortability with them despite the new OS. Especially with the Q10. I don't know how that translates to attracting new users though. I believe that Samsung can do whatever to their phones, they still feel extremely cheaply built to me. Apple can increase their sizes but they still have the same tired and old locked down OS. I strongly believe that to increase their user base, at least here in the US, Blackberry needs to increase their marketing.
    01-24-14 10:02 AM
    Look through the forums for that, but really, if someone is to change, they will change. And if they don't......oh well. maybe to afraid to try something new and exciting.

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    or maybe they like their current os? and they like using their app? swiping right to hub might not be enough for ppl to be impressed with it.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-24-14 10:06 AM
    You don't have to settle with a z30, that's the great thing about choice you can get any device and os you want.

I for one got my z30 for $350 less then it would have cost me to get a 5s, it has NFC, can be used as a USB drive, I can hook up a USB mouse/keyboard, micro-hdmi connection, mobile standards like miracast/dlna and so much more the 5s(or my ip 5) don't have and can't do, that is value to me and I am a customer. In the end it's still my preference.

BlackBerry on the other hand is also not a component and electronics manufacturer there for it cost them more to purchase parts and built phones then it does companies like samsung, LG, Sony, etc. Both Apple and Microsoft use what hardware fits there os, and BlackBerry chooses to so the same, no need to waste money were it's not needed, common business practice.

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    where did you get a z30 for 250? link?
    01-24-14 10:08 AM
    Well Jason9900 obviously you never used the z30 and totally underestimate it's capabilities. You portray same old stereotypical thoughts as most. The hardware combined with the Bb10 os is what drives this device extremely efficient. It takes a combination if both! Wake up and smell the coffee. We have family members with iphones, ipads and the z30 destroys them except for a few apps like instagram and Netflix. PS they never use their phones for Netflix. No HDMI out. Anyhow you don't know what you are talking about.

Posted via CB10
    what ability? what modern phone lag? z30 is more smooth than s4,note3,iphone5s, or any current gen phone? it all comes down to eco system. tell us how did the z30 destroy them? in term of what? you guys have phone battle during family gathering? or u guys do the blackberry challenge and set alarm clocks against each other?
    SDTRMG likes this.
    01-24-14 10:11 AM
    I could not have put it better. The iphone is a pokey little device that people buy because they are brainwashed by the media. Don't hand your Samsung to somebody to look at something because sure as heck they will touch something that will eliminate the screen. Blackberry be proud of your Z30 it is a really good product.
    01-24-14 10:28 AM
    Once the Z30 gets the ability to run android apps it will be in competition with other android phones. They need to decrease the price to compete with the Nexus 5.

I find it odd that the sales price has such an impact. It appears that I can run a iPhone 5s for only $4.16 more a month on a 24 month term.

BB should load up the Z30 with free memory as a sales feature. Maybe offer a free case too.

We can agree that there is no competition for the Q10 right now. BlackBerry would have been much more successful if the
    Device had a 4 inch screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    01-24-14 11:03 AM
    I could not have put it better. The iphone is a pokey little device that people buy because they are brainwashed by the media. Don't hand your Samsung to somebody to look at something because sure as heck they will touch something that will eliminate the screen. Blackberry be proud of your Z30 it is a really good product.
    Would you not agree that the at least 90 percent of all BlackBerry phones sold in the past month are pokey little devices.

bbq10l likes this.
    01-24-14 11:08 AM
    I think that the only way an iPhone can be a threat to a Blackberry is if you have never USED a blackberry. I mean that as a joke and for real. My niece has an iPhone 5s and I just introduced her to BBM and she loves it. She said "I wish BB had a full touch screen phone" I just laughed and pulled up the website to show her the Z10 and Z30 (since I have a Bold 9900) and explained how they both have larger screens, better flow and all around TRUMP her iPhone 5s. She said "Wow, but I still need my apps and BB doesn't have any apps" I said who lied to you, then I said which apps do you NEED. she said "All of them". At that I just stopped talking because I realized now what an iSheep looks like in person. They have no real understanding of what their phone can do or other phones and simple buy because of Apples phenomenal marketing campaigns.

Blackberry keeps Johnson National LLC moving
    www.JohnsonNational.com
    Aspiring Entrepreneurs visit Channel C001CAE75
    SDTRMG and bmantz65 like this.
    01-24-14 11:19 AM
    I think that the only way an iPhone can be a threat to a Blackberry is if you have never USED a blackberry. I mean that as a joke and for real. My niece has an iPhone 5s and I just introduced her to BBM and she loves it. She said "I wish BB had a full touch screen phone" I just laughed and pulled up the website to show her the Z10 and Z30 (since I have a Bold 9900) and explained how they both have larger screens, better flow and all around TRUMP her iPhone 5s. She said "Wow, but I still need my apps and BB doesn't have any apps" I said who lied to you, then I said which apps do you NEED. she said "All of them". At that I just stopped talking because I realized now what an iSheep looks like in person. They have no real understanding of what their phone can do or other phones and simple buy because of Apples phenomenal marketing campaigns.

Blackberry keeps Johnson National LLC moving
    www.JohnsonNational.com
    Aspiring Entrepreneurs visit Channel C001CAE75
    .� and young niece spotted a Crackberry as he pulled out his trusty old company owned 9900 from its holster.

01-24-14 11:29 AM
    You obviously didn't understand what I was saying then.
    The "I" in my rhetorical question, was the "I" of the general consumer.
    Why should a consumer want to settle with a Z30, for the non-discounted price?

Apparently, these are mostly things that at least 99.8% (0.5 being BB10's share of the phones sold last year. Since we don't know exactly how much the Z30 sold, I gave it a 0.2% share) of the consumers don't care about enough to go with a Z30.

Of course, yes, these are your preferences.
    We can make the observation, that most consumers either don't share them, or think that Android/iOS/WP satisfies their needs even better.
    The USB host mode and the keyboard/mouse thing, isn't exclusive to BB10. Android knows how to do that as well, for example.

Under that premise, I still fail to see what's so incredibly enticing about BB10, for everyone who doesn't already have a phone with the OS.

Btw, a Z30 would cost me sightly less than an iPhone 5s and slightly more than a Note 3.
    Obviously, I didn't upgrade from my Z10.

You are completely wrong about MS here.
    With Nokia's newest offerings, they officially joined the spec race.
    They now employ 2GB of RAM, 1080p displays, quadcore CPUs and the newest Adreno 330 GPU.
    So yeah, that point rather backfired.
    http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_1520-5760.php

Apple is Apple, and they still excel in certain spec categories.
    A 64 bit processor, a marketleading GPU and a fingerprint sensor for example.

Where you are correct, is that BlackBerry isn't like Samsung, Sony or LG.
    But you fail to realise 2 things:
    1) If BlackBerry can't compete on price and hardware used, then they are just uncompetitive.
    Normally such an enterprise will exit the market sooner or later.

2) The consumer doesn't profit from BlackBerry saving on hardware costs, because he can have better hardware, for a smaller price, if he doesn't buy a BlackBerry.
    That's kind of a problem for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Honestly there's a lot more to bb10s phones not selling then hardware you can fight and try and state a case all you want but the fact is, more then 60% Off androids sold are low-to-mid-spec devices, most WP8 devices that are selling aren't the ones with the highest spec's. Htc, Sony, and many other android manufacturers struggle to sell there phones with top specs, that goes to show spec's aren't as important as your implying.

Apple and samsung sell many devices due brand perception, brand loyalty, large marketing budgets and so forth. The iPhone 5s was a small upgrade to the iPhone 5 and it still sold and will sell millions, even though there's many phones with better specs.

Get over it.

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    deptech likes this.
    01-24-14 12:30 PM
    Once the Z30 gets the ability to run android apps it will be in competition with other android phones. They need to decrease the price to compete with the Nexus 5.

I find it odd that the sales price has such an impact. It appears that I can run a iPhone 5s for only $4.16 more a month on a 24 month term.

BB should load up the Z30 with free memory as a sales feature. Maybe offer a free case too.

We can agree that there is no competition for the Q10 right now. BlackBerry would have been much more successful if the
    Device had a 4 inch screen.

Android apps will remove one hurdle, and it isn't clear what the source of the Android apps will be and if it won't require having to manually download a third party app store. If it isn't integrated, it isn't as fluid as the competition and won't be viewed as highly. Their is still the issue of the negative BlackBerry brand perception, and poor carrier support which would likely prevent someone from even finding out about BB10 or be talked out of it. Also we know that BlackBerry won't market the device to consumers in the established markets so I don't see 10.2.1 increasing sales much if any.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-24-14 12:38 PM
    where did you get a z30 for 250? link?
    My iphone 5 is 64gb, if I was to get the 5s it would have to be the same to handle all that's on there. The 64gb iPhone 5s is around $900 before taxes. $720 if I got the 16gb.

There for I choose to replace my z10 with a z30 for $550, either way I saved and got features I could never do with my ios devices, that's value for my money as a consumer. And I wasn't a BlackBerry user before bb10, I'm heavily invested in ios and android.

deptech likes this.
    01-24-14 01:09 PM
    iphone did not come out with outdated specs. maybe you should do your hw and find out what processor they're using for 5s.

you won't say z30 is running perfectly fine when a year from now they come out with bb11 and it doesn't support it because lack of hardware, or new app that require higher specs. i rather have something future proof for next couple of years than not.
    I'm not saying the iPhone has outdated specs, I think you need to reread the thread, I'm saying by these android people's logic if these phones don't have high end android ( galaxy note 3 specs) there outdated.

And I highly doubt that will happen to the Z30, I purchase new devices yearly, as I'm into technology and use these devices extensively for multiple businesses, I'd gladly replace it with the best value for my buck at the time if it did happen.

deptech likes this.
    01-24-14 01:31 PM
    My iphone 5 is 64gb, if I was to get the 5s it would have to be the same to handle all that's on there. The 64gb iPhone 5s is around $900 before taxes. $720 if I got the 16gb.

There for I choose to replace my z10 with a z30 for $550, either way I saved and got features I could never do with my ios devices, that's value for my money as a consumer. And I wasn't a BlackBerry user before bb10, I'm heavily invested in ios and android.

u compare to the 16g z30 to 16g iphone. u don't pick the highest model and compare it.

u might want to add the sd card argument, but ppl can say they got 1tb of cloud storage. all those are irrelevant. u only base it on what the stock model storage is.
    01-24-14 02:29 PM
    There are plenty of people who will look for screen size first. It will definitely cause some people to look at the iPhones again.
    Yes indeed, lines around the block at Apple Stores will be the scene. It will be a class product with great customer support, both of which BB is lacking, sadly.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-24-14 04:21 PM
    haha the iPhone is not a threat to the Z30 because they're hardly on the same playing field.

They're totally different.
    01-24-14 04:33 PM
    Brainwashed by the media?

I'll never buy an iPhone, but I can respect their simplicity, ease of use, and app selection. The web browser, speaker phone, keyboard, text, email and things I value most in a phone don't hold a candle to BlackBerry 10's.

But I don't think people are brainwashed. No one was saying the media was "brainwashing" people when everyone owned a BlackBerry.
    bbq10l and milo53 like this.
    01-24-14 04:37 PM
    u compare to the 16g z30 to 16g iphone. u don't pick the highest model and compare it.

u might want to add the sd card argument, but ppl can say they got 1tb of cloud storage. all those are irrelevant. u only base it on what the stock model storage is.
    I stated the price of a 16gb iphone, and said either way got a better bang for my buck with the z30.

But I can actually, because my z30 is expandable with a 64gb sd card, iPhone isn't, so therefore I compare what works for me and what device would hold all the applications, photos, music, and videos on my previous device.

And if we're talking cloud storage, I got Box, Dropbox, Sky drive, and native Remote File Access to my home mac book pro, as well as both work computers and 1tb storage drive.

Last edited by SDTRMG; 01-24-14 at 06:44 PM.
    01-24-14 05:48 PM
    New iPhones threat to Z30?
    Every smartphone is a threat to the Z30.

What's new here.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-24-14 06:08 PM
    The new screen size o. The iphone will make my wife happy. She is a DROID user and wants an iphone next. She hates blackberries on principle and would rather go without a phone if blackberry was all that was available.

Posted via CB10
    Divorce?

Jokes!

Quality Poultry - Channel PIN: C004B64D1
    01-24-14 06:10 PM
    The made the transition from 4S to 5 seems like it was magic and said it had a revolutionary new design... They say its innovation... I say bullcrap :|
    01-24-14 06:35 PM
    Brainwashed by the media?

I'll never buy an iPhone, but I can respect their simplicity, ease of use, and app selection. The web browser, speaker phone, keyboard, text, email and things I value most in a phone don't hold a candle to BlackBerry 10's.

But I don't think people are brainwashed. No one was saying the media was "brainwashing" people when everyone owned a BlackBerry.
    This!

01-24-14 06:48 PM
    Yes. They always have been. People don't even consider blackberry when shopping for a smartphone.
    Especially when there are none in the stores to look at!

Posted via CB10 on my Q10
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-24-14 06:55 PM
    You all forget that 2014 is not the Year of High End Hardware for BB. They need this year to build up the software side and start promotions of the other businesses. North American consumer phones are a distant thought. I think we all have to admit that.

The new iPhone will copy all that is good from BB10 as they copy all that is good from everyone else, including their own app developers. I think the home button will either be gone, in favor of all swipes, or perhaps a soft home button if they think the fans can't tolerate the change. They will also reproduce the Hub while at the same time, not admitting what a great idea it is.
    Blackberry's path is in another direction for now. When the enterprise portion comes out from it's media induced cloud and other businesses take off, BB high end phones will again be seen in consumer hands. Not this year though.
    Apple is Marketing genuis. Lets all just acknowledge that. They sell you the same thing over and over, they steal others ideas and convince you that they invented it (fingerprint scanning and 64 bit, come on!), and it seems 90% of the US actually believe they are cool because they believe Apple drivel.

As sad as it is, i have to admit, if you could do it, why not.
    01-24-14 09:43 PM
    Although I've always been a BlackBerry user, from time to time I've tried an iPhone but have always come back to BlackBerry. Have a Z10, use a Q10 from work, and quickly picked up a Z30 because I saw it as the Z10 in steroids. Everyone I know with an iPhone has really complemented the size of the Z30 and would switch but aren't sold on the OS yet.

Now that it looks like there will be two new iPhones: 4.5inches and 5.5inches do you think this will make the Z30 almost irrelevant to attracting new BlackBerry converts in addition to the fact that Galaxy S and Note users now have a large iOS option.

It so frustrating to know we here at BlackBerry have the best OS/UI and people are afraid of it!

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    Many times the better product is not the best seller. And many times the clear sub standard product leads the pack.(BOSE for example #1 but there are 20 better brands of speakers)
    deptech likes this.
    01-24-14 11:47 PM
195 ... 34567 ...