I have had my Z30 since October last year. It is a stunning looking phone and a big improvement on the Z10. I consider the size of this phone to be absolutely perfect and the functionality is superb. My advice would be to purchase one and compare with other makes. You won't be disappointed. It is a fantastic piece of equipment.
    I already compared it with a number of phones that are available.
    The Z30, in my opinion, is incredibly underwhelming compared to other devices with the same price.

Posted via CB10
    ajst222, kbz1960, JeepBB and 1 others like this.
    01-23-14 06:10 PM
    I'm sorry but my z30 doesn't not have out of date specs. Sorry it doesn't need 8 cores to run like android.

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    Omg...
    We are back with these ridiculous assertions?
    Care to show me an Android that uses 8 cores, at the same time?
    I am curious to see it, really.

An Android that NEEDS 8 cores to run, is something I want to see as well.

Per definition, the Z30 has outdated specs.
    Why?
    Because it uses specs that are generations older, compared to flagships that have been available when the Z30 was introduced.

It's such nonsense to dispute that.

Posted via CB10
    93Aero and techvisor like this.
    01-23-14 06:14 PM
    The Z30, in my opinion, is incredibly underwhelming compared to other devices with the same price.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, the Z30 just can't compare with the bugs and random reboots of an Android device. Blackberry really needs to build in some of these features to make it easier for Android fans to migrate to a new platform.
    deptech likes this.
    01-23-14 06:15 PM

Posted via CB10
    You see how you said it's in your opinion, well that's all that is.

I have and use a s4, iPhone 5 and z30. It comes down to personal preference with these devices.

Spec monkeys believe everything's about specs when the truth is most people buying a smartphone could careless about em.

Z30 - The Final Destination - Winnipeg Mb Clothing|Footwear|Headwear|Headshop|Tobacconist|Ta ttoos
    01-23-14 06:18 PM
    I agree, the Z30 just can't compare with the bugs and random reboots of an Android device. Blackberry really needs to build in some of these features to make it easier for Android fans to migrate to a new platform.
    Oh I see you're stuck with Gingerbread. High end Android phones today (while I don't prefer them) are quite reliable.

Photo a Day Channel: C002B5A07
    techvisor and Bbnivende like this.
    01-23-14 06:19 PM
    Apple are in a precarious position, doubt a new iPhone now. Their relentless releasing of new models is the bubble waiting to burst. With regard to the Z30, and hardware, it is right there in the market. Too many models is bad.

Judging a display on the amount of pixels shows a keen lack. It would take too long to explain, but this website AVForums should be able to help. Basically, there are other aspects of a display, that can have a much greater positive or negative effect on user experience. Explaining things like this to my parents has given me some patience in doing so here, they would be like, 'What is HDMI? What is google?', but it only extends as far this word.
    01-23-14 06:21 PM
    Omg...
    We are back with these ridiculous assertions?
    Care to show me an Android that uses 8 cores, at the same time?
    I am curious to see it, really.

An Android that NEEDS 8 cores to run, is something I want to see as well.

Per definition, the Z30 has outdated specs.
    Why?
    Because it uses specs that are generations older, compared to flagships that have been available when the Z30 was introduced.

It's such nonsense to dispute that.

Posted via CB10
    It was clearly a figure of speech smart-***. And by your assumption most if not every iphone that came out has outdated specs.

Just because somethings a year old doesn't mean it's outdated and shouldn't be used. If the bb10 runs perfectly fine on the z30's specs why should BlackBerry as a company have wasted money on better specs.

In a business sense it's a stupid move to make. Apple doesn't, Microsoft doesn't only android oems because it's the only thing they have to compete with each other

Last edited by SDTRMG; 01-23-14 at 06:36 PM.
    01-23-14 06:22 PM
    On the issue of whether BBOS competes with BB10. Yes they do. Sales of BBOS phones undercut the sales of the Q10 and Q5. Just this week my son in law got a new BlackBerry from his employer ( a large Cdn Corp) and what was it ... a 9900.

The competition for the Z30 comes from Android devices. Personally I prefer the BB10 OS but prefer the Android hardware. What I am waiting for is a large screen Q model. I have not seen working Z10's on display in stores for a long while. The largest threat to the Z30 comes from the inability of BlackBerry to market both the device and the OS.
    LooyDaSixteenth likes this.
    01-23-14 06:24 PM
    Not a threat,as no one really considers BlackBerry when going for a smartphone anyway .
    If anything, BlackBerry can be a potential threat. Apple can't,it already is as it has already choked BlackBerry and many others like Nokia.

I know it's sad that people don't realise how good Z30 is but I kinda like the fact that not many people have the z30. I think it serves them right. Given the suckers most people are.

Only thing I wish for is better build quality, i.e gorilla glass/ waterproofness. And bigger choice of apps.

But for BlackBerry to compete with Apple and Samsung they will have to increase spec lists because All these zombies want is higher specs in their phones every year to make up for the shortcomings in their miserable lives and have one-over their neighbours and colleagues.

I really really hope that BlackBerry doesn't stop making handsets.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 06:26 PM
    Sad that you can't accept the preferences of other people.
    It's also sad that you apparently do not realise, why most people prefer Android and iOS over BB10.
    Not to forget, that you are talking to someone who prefers BB10.

I am just not willing to pay the price a Z30 has, to get hardware from yesteryear.
    The Z30 is an overpriced midrange device, that is unable to compete with current devices performance wise, on the app&ecosystem front, with its subpar camera or in regards to customer service.
    It's not even worth disputing that, because these are facts.

Btw, since you are such an Android fan, what do you think about the Android runtime?

God, sometimes the posts and their ridiculous content are just unreal when you read them.

Posted via CB10
    Bsbudd, JeepBB and techvisor like this.
    01-23-14 06:27 PM
    Here we go again, dumb *** apple vs Blackberry. Well I have to see if I can straighten you people out.. again. Apple is all about Marketing Perception with a so so device to flog to the masses to build up the bottom line. In an earlier post in this thread someone mentioned that they are excellent at reinventing the same phone with a few tweaks time and time again and presto it's "New".. Guess what.. no its NOT. It still has the same security holes, hidden spy programs as before. THAT'S NOT NEW is it. The bottom line is they need income period. so if a few tweaks does the job so be it. No one cares about any one thing when they buy a phone.. dual core vs quad core, screen type, operating system, available apps. Anyone with half a brain doesn't walk into a mobility store.. and say "What do u have in 4 core processor today?" Buying a phone is about all of the components that mesh together in one smooth fully featured package. Apple doesn't have that. Blackberry does., and it isn't about apps either.. that's just a marketing ploy to make Apple or Android look better.. they're not. Apple phones are buggy, overpriced, nothing special phones.. it's the perception done by their marketing dept. that they are the "it" item. That's about it. Samsung.. no way.. to many holes in that system and cheaply made. Ugh. However, for those people that actually value their money and think there's one choice Blackberry. If it wasn't the case how come whenever I get asked or show off my phone and do a darn good job the people sure don't come back and say.. ya but I got more apps.. , they say Nothing. Why?.. because there's nothing to talk about. Blackberry offers a well constructed, perfectly sized phone, awesome OS, great apps, nice display, etc.. such that all the components blend together to produce a superior product. Where Blackberry has run up into a wall is that 6 corporations own all the US media.. and they get their marching orders from below. So no independent analysts now.. can u say AGENDA?? HUH!, Can't have a quality Canadian product that's SECURE now can we, might upset American Apple and all the NSA data their collecting from those phones.. So keep on buying your crap.. I spend my money on quality products not just phones and something being "Trendy" or cool for a couple of years. Don't care what friends have, I care what I have and you should to. Nuff Said
    01-23-14 06:29 PM
    Android is just blowing them out of the water
    Didn't Apple just launch in China recently? Might be a bit premature ...
    LWKING likes this.
    01-23-14 06:31 PM
    On the issue of whether BBOS competes with BB10. Yes they do. Sales of BBOS phones undercut the sales of the Q10 and Q5. Just this week my son in law got a new BlackBerry from his employer ( a large Cdn Corp) and what was it ... a 9900.
    That's why I said that this may be true for the enterprise market.
    And that BlackBerry should have killed BBOS when its time was due.

The competition for the Z30 comes from Android devices. Personally I prefer the BB10 OS but prefer the Android hardware. What I am waiting for is a large screen Q model. I have not seen working Z10's on display in stores for a long while. The largest threat to the Z30 comes from the inability of BlackBerry to market both the device and the OS.
    The same kinda goes for me.
    A 720p display on the Z30 is just a joke.
    At least for the money it costs.

Posted via CB10
    ajst222 and techvisor like this.
    01-23-14 06:33 PM
    They've done nothing, what have they done.

Playing catch up to Samsung madness like everyone else.

Posted via CB10
    Was just about to say that, Steve Jobs said that about the phones being 3.5 inch and tablets at 9.7 inch not smaller. Immediately the first line of products after that were 4 inch iPhone and 7.9 inch iPad Mini.

However, not to make this all about Apple. I think the Z30 was never a competitor for the iPhone, not in terms of phone use but simply it wouldn't have sold the same volume. The people who would have bought a Z30 would have bought a Z30 either way, and those who wanted an iPhone would have either gotten an iPhone if not an Android phone, perhaps the odd occasion WP.

So screen estate change wouldn't do that much a difference. Having said that, thinking of an iPhone that is fatter, seems rather odd.
    01-23-14 06:38 PM
    That's why I said that this may be true for the enterprise market.
    And that BlackBerry should have killed BBOS when its time was due.

The same kinda goes for me.
    A 720p display on the Z30 is just a joke.
    At least for the money it costs.

Posted via CB10
    Calling a spade a spade here, you have done nothing but trash BlackBerry, why are you here.

Z30 on 2.2.1.1925 in Canada
    01-23-14 06:39 PM
    Calling a spade a spade here, you have done nothing but trash BlackBerry, why are you here.

I think there's a difference between trolling/trashing and being honest. Credit given where credit due. It goes both ways; not everything about BlackBerry is positive.

01-23-14 06:41 PM
    You see how you said it's in your opinion, well that's all that is.

I have and use a s4, iPhone 5 and z30. It comes down to personal preference with these devices.

Spec monkeys believe everything's about specs when the truth is most people buying a smartphone could careless about em.

People care about value for their money and therefore perceived value as well.

Why should I settle with a Z30, if I can get something far better in terms of camera, GPU, CPU, apps, display, customer service, resale value and overall experience for the same price?

It's totally irrational to say what you do.

Posted via CB10
    Drew808 and ajst222 like this.
    01-23-14 06:41 PM
    People care abour value for their money and therefore perceived value as well.

Why should I settle with a Z30, if I can get something far better in terms of camera, GPU, CPU, apps, display, customer service, resale value and overall experience for the same price?

It's totally irrational to say what you do.

Posted via CB10
    And these are questions that REAL consumers will be asking themselves when looking at phones side by side. The Z30 just can't compare...spec wise and benchmark wise.

01-23-14 06:43 PM

Obviously because I am a troll

Or maybe because I have a BlackBerry?

I don't know, do I have to like the Z30 to post here?

Posted via CB10
    techvisor likes this.
    01-23-14 06:44 PM
    The z30 has decent specs. The only problem is it's overpriced.
    01-23-14 06:44 PM
    It has decent specs for a mid range device but is priced as a high end device.

MarsupilamiX and techvisor like this.
    01-23-14 06:45 PM
    Totally agreed.
    If the price would be in the regions of a Nexus, or below, then the Z30 would be totally acceptable as it is.

It has decent specs for a mid range device but is priced as a high end device.

Definitely correct.

Posted via CB10
    propeller10, Bsbudd and techvisor like this.
    01-23-14 06:49 PM
    A ipads mini is 7 inches, same os except ability to make a call. 4.5 and 5.5 is still the same os. If people are getting tired of ios and ios7 and it's look, they will change no matter what the size.

The z30 is a different experience that ios is. They may be good in other ways but one has features the other does not have. Look through the forums for that, but really, if someone is to change, they will change. And if they don't......oh well. maybe to afraid to try something new and exciting.

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    01-23-14 06:56 PM
    Totally agreed.
    If the price would be in the regions of a Nexus, or below, then the Z30 would be totally acceptable as it is.

Posted via CB10
    If they were priced at around $250 unlocked on BB site, i would buy one in a heartbeat.
    ajst222 likes this.
    01-23-14 06:57 PM
    If they were priced at around $250 unlocked on BB site, i would buy one in a heartbeat.
    I said exact same thing a number of times.
    For that price, I'd buy it just for fun.

But right now, the Z30 is its own biggest threat.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 06:59 PM
195 12345 ...