Two things.

One. I think naming the iPad the 'new' iPad may have been a move by apple to take control of rumors surrounding the next iteration of iPad and also quell expectations.

Two. What would you rather own. ONE 16GB new iPad or TWO 16GB playbooks (still pocketing an extra 100 bucks)
    03-07-12 10:28 PM
    Well.. Let's see.
    iPad has iOS 5.1.
    PlayBook has PlayBook OS 2.0.
    PlayBook ™ wins.
    lnichols likes this.
    03-07-12 11:45 PM
    That screen is VERY nice, and there are many more apps on the iPad... But I think the Playbook OS is the better of the two. I'm really tempted to pick one up, but I have no use, at the moment, for a Playbook.
    03-08-12 12:58 AM
    That screen is VERY nice, and there are many more apps on the iPad... But I think the Playbook OS is the better of the two. I'm really tempted to pick one up, but I have no use, at the moment, for a Playbook.
    I agree. The screen is so epic.
    03-08-12 01:43 AM
    sold my ipad to get playbook.
    It looks more expensive but actually half the price.
    But seriously lacking in apps. Show me the apps rimm...
    maybe I should try sideloading
    03-08-12 02:55 AM
    Personally I think the Retina display is way overkill. That is simply too many pixels in too small a space. A 60" HD TV looks great, heck my 24" Cinema display set at 1920x1200 looks great. Also the quad core GPU is probably way overkill too except for high end gaming and they it heavier not lighter. One thing for sure is there will be a lot of geeks, grandmas, and coffee house hipsters with massive forearms from holding that thing up in front of them.
    03-08-12 06:40 AM
    The screen seems like a white elephant(Am I using this right?)
    It seems amazing, but in the long run it will screw everyone's eyes up in making them only want to get the highest resolution of everything.
    Slowly we will get owned.
    03-08-12 07:58 AM
    It's the same size, it's not bad to have high res? If you can't handle the performance you let all be the same. Things won't look worse than before at the same size. With high res you can zoom in and out more (awesome for games), better for texts, videos and photos editing. I really wouldn't mind if they can push to 4k res.

It's better for ppl to have higher res. But Deathcommand is right: their greed will kill them in the next years.
    They will bring out higher HD contents => more money for the stores. Higher Res => more storage => more Cloud => more money for hosters/carriers.

At the end of the day: It's good to higher res gadgets, but we can't afford higher res contents right now.....not yet.
    03-08-12 03:56 PM
    I think only RIM is getting owned right now ... I still, for the love of god, cannot believe why it took them almost a year to get native email to the PB. Seriously, ... if the biggest complaint in ANY review was a native email app, why didnt someone in RIM say:

CEO x2 "Hey guys, in the next 8 weeks I want a fully functioning native email app on the PB. If not, you are all fired, so get the f*ck to work"

PS: you might say that "only" the reviewers complained, but come on guys, any non-BB customer of RIM would expect native email on their PB (and dont give me the 'bridge' solution, as the PB should have been independent of any BB phone in the first place, if you really want to sell it to the public at large).

The sales figures speak for itself (not only to blame on the missing native email app btw)
    Are people still complaining about this? I think its time to move on. The playbook has native email now.

I'll vote for my original question. I'd rather have 2 playbooks. In fact, I did purchase 2, and gave one to my parents.
    03-08-12 10:24 PM
    Ipad. Apple's continuous support for all their products eclipses all other manufacturers, making the investment worth-while long-term.
    howarmat likes this.
    03-09-12 06:05 AM
    Ipad every day of the week
    03-09-12 06:27 AM
    I agree. The screen is so epic.
    The word "epic" is one of the most misused and overused filler words in the English language. Using words like "epic" to describe how extremely impressed you are by everything has ruined the word. If everything is epic, nothing is epic. If you have used the word out of context, which means any time since 2008, you should stop whatever it is you're doing and start plowing fields, because you lack the ability to form language that doesn't involve mimicking others.

People use it because it's a big trendy inside joke with a recognizable template that everyone can exploit in a vain attempt to be funny and fit in. I get the supposed humor of being an ironic , but people who use the phrase aren't being ironic anymore, just idiots. Phrases like "epic [BLANK] is epic" have largely supplanted popular phrases from TV and movies, and now we're inundated with stupid crap.

So when you ascribe the word "epic" to banal things like the new Tron poster (not even the entire movie, just the poster), and children's games like "duck duck goose," you cheapen the word and water it down so it just becomes a sound you make, like a grunt when you approve of something.

And it's not just used for approval, it's also used to describe minor disappointments, like having to restart a DVD because it skipped. Now every minor inconvenience is an "EPIC FAIL." And if it's cool, it's not just cool but an "EPIC WIN."

And for the record, fail is a verb, and is something you do, like fail at English. The act of failing is "failure," and is a noun. People can be failures, but they can't be "fails." That doesn't make sense. So when you miserable pieces of say "epic fail," what you really mean is "epic failure."

Lastly: http://forums.crackberry.com/crackbe...iphone-429144/
    Last edited by Hamp; 03-09-12 at 09:16 AM.
    03-09-12 09:08 AM
    The word "epic" is one of the most misused and overused filler words in the English language. Using words like "epic" to describe how extremely impressed you are by everything has ruined the word. If everything is epic, nothing is epic. If you have used the word out of context, which means any time since 2008, you should stop whatever it is you're doing and start plowing fields, because you lack the ability to form language that doesn't involve mimicking others.

People use it because it's a big trendy inside joke with a recognizable template that everyone can exploit in a vain attempt to be funny and fit in. I get the supposed humor of being an ironic , but people who use the phrase aren't being ironic anymore, just idiots. Phrases like "epic [BLANK] is epic" have largely supplanted popular phrases from TV and movies, and now we're inundated with stupid crap.

So when you ascribe the word "epic" to banal things like the new Tron poster (not even the entire movie, just the poster), and children's games like "duck duck goose," you cheapen the word and water it down so it just becomes a sound you make, like a grunt when you approve of something.

And it's not just used for approval, it's also used to describe minor disappointments, like having to restart a DVD because it skipped. Now every minor inconvenience is an "EPIC FAIL." And if it's cool, it's not just cool but an "EPIC WIN."

And for the record, fail is a verb, and is something you do, like fail at English. The act of failing is "failure," and is a noun. People can be failures, but they can't be "fails." That doesn't make sense. So when you miserable pieces of say "epic fail," what you really mean is "epic failure."

Lastly: http://forums.crackberry.com/crackbe...iphone-429144/
    Epic post. Misusage of fail is a total grammar fail, I agree.
    03-09-12 09:24 AM
    Epic post. Misusage of fail is a total grammar fail, I agree.
    I can appreciate the irony of your response, "epic post". Hilarious! (see, I'm not a total, a__hole)!
    03-09-12 09:40 AM
    Epic - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Everyone read definition two and laugh at the guy above me.

It would makes me happy that you care so much about my words.
    In fact I haven't said anything was an epic fail. Other than your hilarious attempt to make me look like an which made you looks dumb by typing SO much for no reason.

But thanks for caring.

Oh and it interests me that you linked to a post that blatantly spells something COMPLETELY Wrong. iPhone is spelled iPhone. Not Iphone or IPhone or iphone.

For the record I never said Epic Fail. Also calling people Pieces of (The S word here)is actually still just . I mean There can be a piece of a laptop. But a Piece of is in fact, still .

In short. Shut up. ^^

[DANG IT He's not above me anymore. ]
    Last edited by Deathcommand; 03-09-12 at 09:48 AM.
    03-09-12 09:45 AM
    I can appreciate the irony of your response, "epic post". Hilarious! (see, I'm not a total, a__hole)!
    Reading between the lines, I sensed you were a good sport.
    03-09-12 09:46 AM

In fact I haven't said anything was an epic fail. Other than your hilarious attempt to make me look like an which made you looks dumb by typing SO much for no reason.

But thanks for caring.

Oh and it interests me that you linked to a post that blatantly spells something COMPLETELY Wrong. iPhone is spelled iPhone. Not Iphone or IPhone or iphone.

For the record I never said Epic Fail. Also calling people Pieces of (The S word here)is actually still just . I mean There can be a piece of a laptop. But a Piece of is in fact, still .

In short. Shut up. ^^

It's all a post from another source, which I thought was in MY original post so that you would see it's not just me saying this. The mis-spelling is not my doing, nor is the name-calling. There are just so many posts about 'device vs. device' it's been done already and tiring, that's all.
    03-09-12 09:52 AM
    Oh gawd. Here we go again with these threads. I swear a day can't go by without one.
    03-09-12 09:57 AM

But thanks for caring.

In short. Shut up. ^^

Oh gawd. Here we go again with these threads. I swear a day can't go by without one.
    See, it's not just me that feels this way.
    VanCity778 likes this.
    03-09-12 10:00 AM
    EPIC FAIL!

In before the lock.
    VanCity778 likes this.
    03-09-12 10:02 AM
    EPIC FAIL!

In before the lock.
    LOL! <--- Now that's ironic!
    03-09-12 10:05 AM
    See, it's not just me that feels this way.
    What does that have to do with what I said about the new iPads screen being Epic?
    Then me telling you that you are failing to get with the times (Like the 1750's) where the meaning of epic was also changed to mean that something was amazingly _________

Then you called people pieces of ____ for saying that.

I thought that's what you were talking about. Why do people hate these threads by the way?
    I like them it lets me see the competition. I think people who silence the competition are idiots. They are both tablets, I don't see why there can't be these threads.

Granted there should be a bit less of them.
    03-09-12 10:10 AM
    So when those older apps look like trash on the EPIC display, I assume we can call that EPIC FAIL(ure).
    03-09-12 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD