ok here's the thang! when i open desktop manager and go to media man. there is no start on the right side it only lets me use the sync the start on the media manager won't let me start! what am i doing wrong please
    trying to move ringtones but wont let me PLEASE HELP
    I UPGRADE MY 8310 TO 4.5 DOES THAT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH MY MANAGER???
    01-25-09 08:33 AM
    I dont use media manager. Just enable your mass storage mode on your device and hook it up to your pc. Then you can drag and drop the media you want in its corresponding folder on your blackberry. If you insist on using media manager you could uninstall desktop manager and reinstall it. But I would recommend using desktop manager 4.5 or 4.6 WITHOUT media manager.
    01-25-09 10:56 AM
    and how do i do that enable mass storage?
    01-25-09 11:20 AM
    options/media card then mass storage mode set it to "on"
    Auto enable mass storage mode when connected set to to "yes" hit the back key and save. Then when you plug your device into your pc it should show up in "my computer" as a removable storage device. Open the blackberry folder and you will see other folders for ringotns and the like.
    01-25-09 11:42 AM
    Also. I'm not sure what version of desktop manager you have right now. But if it isnt atleast 4.5 I would uninstall it from your pc and download atleast 4.5. without media manager.
    01-25-09 11:44 AM
    Just like rlp said you must d/l the DM with Media Manager support in order to use it. But I would not use the media manager version, it is easier just to drag and drop files.

To enable Mass Storage Mode:
    Options> Memory> Media Card Support: ON, MTP: ON, Mass Storage Mode Support: ON, Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected: PROMPT.

When connected you should get two drives labeled BlackBerry1 (This is the device memory)and BlackBerry2 (This is the media card memory). Now just drag and drop the files to their respective locations.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-09 11:47 AM
    You get 2 drives listed? I only get one labeled removable disk (f)
    01-25-09 11:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD