Hey everyone i am new here my brother told me about this site a few mins ago and i am looking for some info.

ok so i am a verizon customer. and i just entered in to a two year contract but i have a blitz and i am sick of it. it shuts off cause of low battery with in 5 secs of telling me that its low i can NEVER connect to the dang internet. so i have some questions.

1. is there a special thing that you get with the blackberry that you always get connection?
    2. i am thinking about getting a curve i'd have to pay retail so is it worth it?
    3. i run my own business. how is this this at connecting to computers do i have to pay even EXTRA for that?
    4. i read that you cant have the phone with out the data pack which is the better pack the unlimited? and what does that get ya. or the email and web i think thats what it was.

Thank you guys for answering my questions. this seems like a great website and if i do get a bb i will prolly be on here alot more.
    06-30-09 07:50 PM
    1. Not sure I understand the question.. Maybe you mean a data plan?
    2. I (and many others) think that the Curve is an awesome device, but the new Tour is just around the corner. It's better to just pay full retail for that instead of the Curve.
    3. What do you need it to do when you connect it to your computer? And what do you mean by connect? Wirelessly like VPN's and all that stuff or physically connected via USB?
    4. With Verizon, they force you to get either the BIS (personal $30) plan or the BES (enterprise $45) plan. They both include unlimited email and internet.

Welcome to CB!
    06-30-09 07:55 PM
    Hey everyone i am new here my brother told me about this site a few mins ago and i am looking for some info.

ok so i am a verizon customer. and i just entered in to a two year contract but i have a blitz and i am sick of it. it shuts off cause of low battery with in 5 secs of telling me that its low i can NEVER connect to the dang internet. so i have some questions.

1. is there a special thing that you get with the blackberry that you always get connection?
    2. i am thinking about getting a curve i'd have to pay retail so is it worth it?
    3. i run my own business. how is this this at connecting to computers do i have to pay even EXTRA for that?
    4. i read that you cant have the phone with out the data pack which is the better pack the unlimited? and what does that get ya. or the email and web i think thats what it was.

Thank you guys for answering my questions. this seems like a great website and if i do get a bb i will prolly be on here alot more.
    Check out the BB 101 Lecture Series (link in my sig), especially the first 3 lectures. This should answer a lot of your questions.

Good Luck and Welcome to CB.

Also, if your thinking of getting a berry and are on VZW go for the Tour!!! It will be out on 7/12 and is a huge upgrade over the Curve in style, performance, function, etc. also a world phone so if you are traveling, this may be a good choice.
    06-30-09 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD