Official Google Mobile Blog

Introduced new Gmail 2.0.6 designed for BlackBerry users

35 languages (including Japanese especially for one CB user )

Downloading it now.
    10-24-08 12:04 PM
    Can you send attachments on that. I would think it would be easier to set up gmail through the built in email client.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 12:06 PM
    Checking it out now.
    No attachment option seen so far.

1st thing noticed that icon is smaller
    2nd thing is the new " expand" option to show previous conversation of an email
    3rd the "more" option that allow you to select labels and other stuff

Overall it seems much faster now
    10-24-08 12:17 PM
    Wish there was a way to copy text from Emails. I also received an Email that contained a picture attachment. I was unble to view it using Gmail 2.0
    10-24-08 12:18 PM
    OTA: Google

trying it out now!
    10-24-08 12:23 PM
    I let my BB handle my gmail account instead of using this app. What are other people deciding to do? Use the app or stick with the phone?

10-24-08 01:19 PM
    must obtain...thanks!
    10-24-08 01:20 PM
    I let my BB handle my gmail account instead of using this app. What are other people deciding to do? Use the app or stick with the phone?

i use the PUSH email for my gmail and the app only as a backup. i use the app if i have an email that is archieved that i need to access.
    10-24-08 01:21 PM

I do both, well, I have my gmail pushed to my phone but I also have the gmail app on my phone in case I want to access my old mail.
    10-24-08 01:21 PM
    I have both gmail setup through BIS and also have this app.

This way I get push gmail and am also able to search my entire gmail account from my berry.

This also allows me to delete my email from my berry thus saving space and not having to worry about archiving it.

Googles mobile apps are truly top notch.

10-24-08 01:23 PM
    I'm sticking with the built in email client definitely.

10-24-08 01:23 PM

I stick with the phone.
    10-24-08 01:27 PM
    I was already using 2.0.5 so it doesn't look any different, but does have a couple more options in the settings.

I like the app, haven't had any problems such as the long delays many are talking about. I have to wonder if there is some delay added since when you use the BB built in mail client your basically adding a "middle man" service to get your mail...BIS checks the mail, then notifies the phone. I don't know the app seems more direct to me and keeps my work and personal communications separate.
    10-24-08 01:37 PM
    Just downloaded the "update" if you want to call it that, lol. I don't see any difference other than a smaller home screen icon! Other than that, I guess its always a good thing to have the latest versions of your apps for the BB...especially when they're free!

10-24-08 02:27 PM
    So far I like it, but its slightly annoying that the icon is smaller, but overall much better.

10-24-08 02:50 PM
    Yeah I'll just stick with pushing with my BIS acc't.
    10-24-08 03:03 PM
    wish there was a way to highlight more than one email at a time (to delete numerous emails or whatever). that in addition to copy and paste emails and real html emails, that would be perfect.
    10-24-08 03:35 PM
    wish there was a way to highlight more than one email at a time (to delete numerous emails or whatever). that in addition to copy and paste emails and real html emails, that would be perfect.
    In your email list, hold Shift and scroll up or down to highlight numerous messages....
    Is this what you were looking for?
    10-24-08 03:41 PM
    having that app would be a waste of space for me. i just need the messages pushed and be able to read/write/reply.
    10-25-08 12:58 AM
    In your email list, hold Shift and scroll up or down to highlight numerous messages....
    Is this what you were looking for?
    That works on the berry, with BIS but not the gmail app. i hope they add that soon!

There really needs to be a Delete All option in that app. Unless i'm missing a way to mass delete?

There's a thread on here this morning about push email being down. i'm still new to blackberry and i heard this doesn't happen often. However this is another reason to have the gmail app, as a backup!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/no-e...morning-86283/

Last edited by chrisy520; 10-25-08 at 08:07 AM.
    10-25-08 08:00 AM
    iGoogle is my BB "homepage"... With Gmail as one of the options on the page you get the same features and functionality as on your PC. So if you're checking in to your "homepage" anyway - well, there you have it...

10-25-08 08:08 AM
    This works much better than the old version, but I sure wish they would add the ability to accept or decline calendar requests. Because of this, I still can't use this app 100%.
    10-25-08 11:06 AM
    OK I have it set up that it rings and flashes red when I get an e-mail.

My question is there a way to sets it up to show the e-mail icon like the push e-mails does?

Thanks
    10-25-08 03:39 PM
    OK I have it set up that it rings and flashes red when I get an e-mail.

My question is there a way to sets it up to show the e-mail icon like the push e-mails does?

Thanks
    No. That icon is for the BB email only. You can always move the Gmail icon to your home screen, and it'll get a little red star next to it if you get a message (at least the older Gmail app did this). Haven't had the new one long enough to be able to tell, but I can't imagine they would get rid of that.
    10-25-08 06:16 PM
    No. That icon is for the BB email only. You can always move the Gmail icon to your home screen, and it'll get a little red star next to it if you get a message (at least the older Gmail app did this). Haven't had the new one long enough to be able to tell, but I can't imagine they would get rid of that.
    Ok thanks for the answer. I know that facebook shows a little icon so I did not know if gmail would or not.

Thank again
    10-25-08 09:39 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD