I don't know if this has been brought up before, I searched the forums on my phone but didn't see anything.

I think it would be great if we could lock the active frames in place, so they don't reset if you turn the phone off or change batteries.

It could be as easy as putting a little lock icon on the left side of the active frame at the bottom opposite of the X which is used to closed the frame.

Does anyone else agree?

This would be great, since it's very annoying to reopen all the frames after rebooting.

Posted via CB10
    BK_NY_RAY likes this.
    01-25-14 12:50 PM
    Yes, I would like that too.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 12:59 PM
    in a way yes, but this means running the app during the reboot process which could give a reboot a longer time period. I just put the apps I like running immediately in a folder on first page.
    01-25-14 12:59 PM
    in a way yes, but this means running the app during the reboot process which could give a reboot a longer time period. I just put the apps I like running immediately in a folder on first page.
    No they could auto launch the apps once the sequence is complete.

Posted via CB10
    BK_NY_RAY likes this.
    01-25-14 01:11 PM
    This was an idea brought up waaaaay back during the initial launch phase. If i recall, Kevin (of crackberry fame) had a whole front page post entitled "Brainstorming BlackBerry" in which he suggested the ability to "pin" active frames to the home screen.

It was just a suggestion though, something that he (and many others) would like to see made available in a future update.

To date, there has been no indication that the BlackBerry team plans to implement this. Maybe it's worth creating a poll so we can see how many people actually want something like that to be implemented. I'm sure a unified request thread will garner more attention from BlackBerry then multiple forum threads popping up every now and then.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 02:57 PM
    It has been suggested so many times, blackberry will probably add this in the future.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 04:11 PM
    Well someone is missing Android widgets already

Yes I am all for a home screen that doesn't disappear. Something similar to wp8 tiles would be nice. (with the ability to resize active frames) The current home screen is inefficient.
    01-25-14 04:18 PM
    Sounds good as a an option. Another one suggested early on was pinning so as to maintain the frame positions even when switching apps.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1925
    01-25-14 04:24 PM
    I have been asking for this since day one, but I don't want it just for rebooting purposes. This is great for customization and quick access to what I use most. I want to use Active Frames like widgets. I'd like to pin the most used ones as my first two or four active frames. I'd like my weather app to ALWAY be one of the first two frames.

I do not care if I can't get back to my most recent app faster (by it not being the first Active frame), I will gain more functionality out of my device, and it will be much more efficient to deal with certain information as well.
    01-25-14 04:27 PM
    Well this thread seems like it's heading down the usual path.

How about we

1.Don't bash another platform and start an OS war.
    2. Stop insulting each other.
    3. Continue on how BB should make Active Frames lockable because it would be an excellent option.

Any takers?
    01-25-14 05:02 PM
    I don't know if this has been brought up before, I searched the forums on my phone but didn't see anything.

I think it would be great if we could lock the active frames in place, so they don't reset if you turn the phone off or change batteries.

It could be as easy as putting a little lock icon on the left side of the active frame at the bottom opposite of the X which is used to closed the frame.

Does anyone else agree?

This would be great, since it's very annoying to reopen all the frames after rebooting.

Posted via CB10
    I'd be more impressed if you could set certain apps like phone and settings for example to close completely when you exit them. Why do I need a phone frame when I have the icon at the bottom? Why do I need the settings to stay open when all I wanted to do was turn my display brightness up or turn off vibrate.
    01-25-14 05:04 PM
    Yes it was brought up by me.. long time ago..

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 05:10 PM
    01-25-14 05:12 PM
    Awesome, gotta check it out

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 05:15 PM
    I have been asking for this since day one, but I don't want it just for rebooting purposes. This is great for customization and quick access to what I use most. I want to use Active Frames like widgets. I'd like to pin the most used ones as my first two or four active frames. I'd like my weather app to ALWAY be one of the first two frames.

I do not care if I can't get back to my most recent app faster (by it not being the first Active frame), I will gain more functionality out of my device, and it will be much more efficient to deal with certain information as well.
    I didn't think of recent apps, I guess having a locked frame would reduce the frequency between the switching. But like you point out its a trade off.

What if it was made where it would still populate recent frames but also lock them. And where you could disable recent frame population.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 05:18 PM
    [WARN]Time for the bickering to stop. Please get back to a reasonable discussion, debate all you want, but cut out the insults.[/WARN]
    01-25-14 05:18 PM
    I didn't think of recent apps, I guess having a locked frame would reduce the frequency between the switching. But like you point out its a trade off.

What if it was made where it would still populate recent frames but also lock them.

Posted via CB10
    That would be nice if you were also able to have more than 8 active frame, or the ability to suspend apps that aren't in use.
    01-25-14 05:33 PM
    A MUST have. Also for headless.
    Then bb10 will get just a little closer to what a legacy phone has done for years!!!

CB10 via Verizon Z10. 10.2.1.1925
    01-25-14 05:36 PM
    I don't remember but there was an email address that you could request new features from BlackBerry. I have sent that request but did not receive a reply.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-14 06:36 PM
    Sounds like it would be a nice feature to have.
    01-25-14 06:48 PM
    [email protected] and [email protected]

those are the two email addresses that you can send in your idea.
    If all those who like this idea sent an email would probably create enough attraction for someone to make a note of it.
    01-25-14 08:01 PM