Hi Again! My blackberry curvee 8330 shows a new email icon on the screen but there is no email in either of my email boxes. I also went to the folder list thinking it might be another type of message and opened all the folders to no avail. I then reinstalled the battery, because sometimes the phone gets stuck and that helps reset things. The email notification is still there. Anyone experience this problem and know how to fix it please?

Thanks much!
    04-09-09 02:38 PM
    Go all the way to the top. Hit menu then mark prior open.
    04-09-09 02:40 PM
    Thanks, but there are no messages at all in any of my email boxes so it isn't allowing me to do that. Any other ideas? Thanks so much!
    04-09-09 02:47 PM
    have you checked your messages folder? how about your phone log?
    04-09-09 03:05 PM
    Yes, I've checked every folder/call log! So frustrating!
    04-09-09 03:16 PM
    What theme you running? Just curious
    04-09-09 03:18 PM
    BB Dimension Icon
    04-09-09 03:24 PM
    And you have checked your saved messages right?

If not, do a battery pull while the phone is ON and see if the message remains there.
    04-09-09 03:51 PM
    Hummm. I am having the same issue with my storm, I will have to watch this thread

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 02:31 PM
    I had the same problem. Did everything that was suggested and still the icon would not disappear. Finally I had someone call my phone and leave a voicemail. When I deleted that voicemail the icon mysteriously disappeared from my phone. Hope it helps you.
    04-14-09 08:00 AM
    Nothing has worked! I took out the battery, put it back in, left a voicemail and then deleted it, went through all the message folders to see if there was something I was missing, nothing is working. Is there anything else anyone can suggest? Thanks so much!
    04-16-09 01:04 PM
    Ok - This morning the unexplained icon just disappeared on its own! Strange!
    04-20-09 02:24 PM
    I'm having a similar problem... Only there isn't an icon on top screen... Only a (1) next
    To the bb email address. Anyone know what to do? I deleted ALL mt emails but to no avail

04-29-09 10:10 AM
    Ok so I pulled the battery for about 3 min and the (1) went away... Try a long battery pull

04-29-09 10:49 AM
    Thanks. Believe it or not, I upgraded to version 4.5 and the icon reappeared! My IT guy at work fixed it with a service book update! Unreal! I'll try that next time right away!
    04-29-09 11:23 AM
    I often have a problem with this on my blackberry 8330. I have to open my email icon and click button to right of the ball (I don't know what it's called). Then click on "view folder" and "view saved messages folder". I go through each one and delete anything in them. For instance I had 4 saved messages that went directly to the saved message folder, (don't know why), but they were showing up on my icon as received emails. After I deleted them, the star on my icon went away. This happens about twice a month.

Does anybody have any idea why they are sometimes going directly to saved messages instead of showing up in my mailbox?
    11-14-09 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD