Hey guys so after speaking with a sales rep at a verizon and giving him a quick rundown of my Z30, he was truly stunned and didn't know how to respond.

See I asked him to show me what the best of their smartphones can do after explaining my needs. And most of the things he showed me, I showed him how it was done on the Z30 and he was like wow I had no idea. Of course he didn't, so anyone up for the challenge?

Walk into any carrier store posing as a potential new customer and ask for the features you really need and love telling them you want to upgrade from your BlackBerry (this gets their attention for sure)if what they have can make you more productive. And in turn show them what BB10 can do little by little every step of the way, and try to be calm, knowledgeable and very pleasant.

I think it's a long shot but it should start to nip the negativity surrounding BlackBerry from the sources I guess. Remember sometimes it's the little things that matter the most. And this is my fight for my team, will you join me? #TeamBlackBerry

Photos captured using BlackBerry devices - C00016D81
    Atmarix, rarsen, johnm137 and 1 others like this.
    04-11-14 09:47 PM
    Great idea

? Slicing using my ?
    07thking likes this.
    04-11-14 10:22 PM
    How much is BB paying for this job?
    04-11-14 10:27 PM
    Smitty13 likes this.
    04-11-14 10:29 PM
    Great Idea!

Posted via CB10
    07thking likes this.
    04-11-14 10:36 PM
    None. Can't you see? We choose and love BlackBerry. I see you all over these posts wasting your time.

axeman1000 likes this.
    04-11-14 10:45 PM
    I'm in

From my White Z30
    04-11-14 10:48 PM
    Go team! #TeamBlackBerry

04-11-14 11:00 PM
    If you may supply me with a Z30, I'll get right on it sir..

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    04-12-14 02:44 AM
    I have done this several times and I have only run across one person who has any clue what Blackberry and/or OS10 is all about. he first thing they do is tell me, nobody buys a Blackberry anymore and then try and steer me to either an Android or Apple IOS device. I am afraid until there is some major promotion in the form of advertising here in the USA and getting the carriers to want to promote the brand, it's going to be by word of mouth from loyal users like myself and the folks on this great forum.
    04-12-14 08:20 AM
    I have done this several times and I have only run across one person who has any clue what Blackberry and/or OS10 is all about. he first thing they do is tell me, nobody buys a Blackberry anymore and then try and steer me to either an Android or Apple IOS device.

I am afraid until there is some major promotion in the form of advertising here in the USA and getting the carriers to want to promote the brand, it's going to be by word of mouth from loyal users like myself and the folks on this great forum.
    04-12-14 08:21 AM
    And how much are you making bashing BlackBerry all the time, while pretending to be a BlackBerry user?!

Posted via CB10
    axeman1000 likes this.
    04-12-14 10:12 AM
    And how much are you making bashing BlackBerry all the time, while pretending to be a BlackBerry user?!

Posted via CB10
    Lol I don't have to pretend. I am just realistic. I don't have to praise or worship them to be a user of their products.
    04-12-14 10:15 AM
    Lol I don't have to pretend. I am just realistic. I don't have to praise or worship them to be a user of their products.
    Has nothing to do with pretending or being realistic, nothing is perfect. Let me tell you something, we are aware of BlackBerry's situation and have been for years (hearing morons saying BlackBerry is dead/BlackBerry should just whatever) and guess what....... they are still here and we are right here with them, still loving and buying their products.

We are not here spreading negativity, we are positive looking at the glass half full and hoping for the company we support to make a turn around. Again we know the facts but we don't care, is that realistic enough for you? You can say what you like, it's your right but don't feel some type of way because we give credit where it is due.

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise."

wincyUt, stlabrat and Paintman321 like this.
    04-12-14 10:41 AM
    Has nothing to do with pretending or being realistic, nothing is perfect. Let me tell you something, we are aware of BlackBerry's situation and have been for years (hearing morons saying BlackBerry is dead/BlackBerry should just whatever) and guess what....... they are still here and we are right here with them, still loving and buying their products.

We are not here spreading negativity, we are positive looking at the glass half full and hoping for the company we support to make a turn around. Again we know the facts but we don't care, is that realistic enough for you? You can say what you like, it's your right but don't feel some type of way because we give credit where it is due.

Again, I wasn't being negative, simply stating my opinion that I find it ridiculous to go to a carrier store and attempt to educate sales reps on a phone that they aren't going to sell, especially when BB themselves won't even market their own phones. Does that make me a Blackberry hater? Not at all. I've used their products since 2005 and reserve the right to say whatever I want.

And if negativity is being honest or correcting someone on something they've said that is completely false then yes I am guilty of that. I use BB10, Android, and iOS. And when someone says something like BB10 Is the only platform that can do this or that when it clearly isn't then I chime in and say "no that's wrong, iOS or Android can do the same thing." Just the other day someone said that iOS can't play music in the background while doing something else and claimed they owned an iPhone and it couldn't be done." I corrected that and said of course it can. I was then called out for being a hater and not part of #TeamBlackberry. Just because I don't constantly trash other platforms doesn't make me a hater or negative towards BB10. Or when someone says that BB10's camera is as good or better than the iPhones then i correct that and say "not even close." Does that make me a hater, nope, just honest.
    04-12-14 10:53 AM
    Again, I wasn't being negative, simply stating my opinion that I find it ridiculous to go to a carrier store and attempt to educate sales reps on a phone that they aren't going to sell, especially when BB themselves won't even market their own phones. Does that make me a Blackberry hater? Not at all. I've used their products since 2005 and reserve the right to say whatever I want.
    Giving you the benefit of the doubt then let's assume your question was direct and genuine then and not being snide. The answer is that BlackBerry will not pay these folks any money for this initiative.

You have now stated your opinion. Mission accomplished. Let's leave this thread to its purpose now.

• C00087C61 - Non Traditional Premed
    • C00039A66 - Van City Coffee, finding the best Lattes around our beautiful city
    • C00124663 - Vancouver WhitecapsFC - A supporter and Capo's perspective
    04-12-14 11:45 AM
    Think of how much the retail outlets would love it when people come in their stores to voluntarily talk about a product, when a sales clerk could possibly be making a sale with a real customer.
    I love your enthusiasm, but the reality is, if I had people coming in, tying up my staff's time, I wouldn't be winning too many fans.
    Blackberry will do what it will do, regardless of the evangelical missionary team marketing approach.
    Honestly... It sounds like something Jehovah's Witnesses would do. And how long have they been entertained at your place?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    04-12-14 12:16 PM
    Whilst this is a great idea, I wonder what good it will do in practice. It is the managers and head managers of shop chains that make the decisions. One assistant suddenly saying...."hey I saw what a Blackberry can do and it's amazing" is not going to get the shops stocking Blackberry devices again.

Either the are sold from the Blackberry website to a niche market and pushed with Enterprise, which is what it seems is happening, or a major marketing push is done by Blackberry. I suspect which one it will be.
    04-12-14 12:26 PM
    Videos or it didn't happen!

Posted via CB10
    04-12-14 12:28 PM
    Walk into any carrier store posing as a potential new customer and ask for the features you really need and love telling them you want to upgrade from your BlackBerry (this gets their attention for sure)if what they have can make you more productive. And in turn show them what BB10 can do little by little every step of the way, and try to be calm, knowledgeable and very pleasant.
    Posing as a potential customer and turning the tables and sell to the sales rep will very likely backfire. The sales rep will quickly figure out what you're doing and that you've just wasted their time and kept them from real customers. No matter how pleasant you are, this a approach will be as welcome as those door to door Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormon missionaries, just to name a couple of examples. In fact I would consider it a worse breach, because at least the JW's are honest and clearly state their intentions.
    04-12-14 01:10 PM
    None. Can't you see? We choose and love BlackBerry. I see you all over these posts wasting your time.

Do you know how ridiculous and just downright stupid it is to go into someone's place of business and take time away for their job for some silly personal crusade? Not only would it do zero good, it's horribly rude and disrespectful to the people working in the store.

Example: I am in medical sales. If a physician scheduled a meeting with me and I thought I was going to sell him on a device only to have him have no interest in my products and discuss another device I would be furious.

I don't know where the entitlement comes from these people that think it's ok to do stuff like this. Take your crusades to Blackberry and tell them to support the carriers and do proper advertising. These types of thread pop up every few months and not only is it ridiculous to do, its wrong to do the sales people who are simply trying to make a living.
    red_devil_fan_1999 likes this.
    04-12-14 03:29 PM
    Well thanks for all the opinions. Wasn't selling anything or trying to get the stores to stock BlackBerry because like you all I am aware of the procedures reality would require for something of that scale to happen, just was trying to nip away some of the negativity in a creative way where most of the initial damage against BlackBerry is done.

It wasn't planned it just sorta happened to me while I interacted with a sales clerk when I got my Z30, he was more curious than me about it so I gave him a rundown and he was impressed. So maybe if by some small chance he decided to check one out you never know.

And I still believe that big things have little beginnings.

04-13-14 12:51 AM

And if negativity is being honest or correcting someone on something they've said that is completely false then yes I am guilty of that. I use BB10, Android, and iOS. And when someone says something like BB10 Is the only platform that can do this or that when it clearly isn't then I chime in and say "no that's wrong, iOS or Android can do the same thing." Just the other day someone said that iOS can't play music in the background while doing something else and claimed they owned an iPhone and it couldn't be done." I corrected that and said of course it can. I was then called out for being a hater and not part of #TeamBlackberry. Just because I don't constantly trash other platforms doesn't make me a hater or negative towards BB10. Or when someone says that BB10's camera is as good or better than the iPhones then i correct that and say "not even close." Does that make me a hater, nope, just honest.

04-13-14 01:00 AM
    Do you know how ridiculous and just downright stupid it is to go into someone's place of business and take time away for their job for some silly personal crusade? Not only would it do zero good, it's horribly rude and disrespectful to the people working in the store.

Example: I am in medical sales. If a physician scheduled a meeting with me and I thought I was going to sell him on a device only to have him have no interest in my products and discuss another device I would be furious.

I don't know where the entitlement comes from these people that think it's ok to do stuff like this. Take your crusades to Blackberry and tell them to support the carriers and do proper advertising. These types of thread pop up every few months and not only is it ridiculous to do, its wrong to do the sales people who are simply trying to make a living.

04-13-14 01:01 AM
    I see these threads a lot where anecdotes are given about bb10 users are "wowing" or leaving non-blackberry "speechless". Rarely does anyone detail the specific tasks or examples that were so enlightening to the Android/IOS heathens.

OP please tell us what exactly you did that left the cell phone salesman speechless. Whatever you did sounds like it has the type of compelling qualities necessary to force people to forsake established mobile ecosystems like Android and IOS for an upstart like BB10.
    red_devil_fan_1999 likes this.
    04-13-14 01:12 AM
50 12