i watched the droid video.. and then i google imaged it and it shows it as a blackberry?.. is it it's own phone or a BB or what? anyone have anything about it my brother watched the video and now he wants it. thanks for any help
    10-18-09 08:00 PM
    Nope, it's not a BlackBerry, it's a Motorola Android phone.
    More info here:

Droid from Verizon Wireless
    Android 2.0 screenshot walkthrough : Boy Genius Report
    10-18-09 08:17 PM
    The DROID is making me wait and i'm not getting Storm2 at launch.
    10-18-09 09:39 PM
    Nope, it's not a BlackBerry, it's a Motorola Android phone.
    More info here:

Droid from Verizon Wireless
    Android 2.0 screenshot walkthrough : Boy Genius Report
    I just read the BGR report on the droid Os and damn! It looks sweet!. I'm seriously considering on jumping in the android bandwagon. It seems to have everything I need. Has anyone tried it? Is it worth giving it a shot?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 12:49 AM
    You should wait and not get the S2 at launch just because of all the potential problems! Each phone that's dropped has had issues. Wait until all the bugs are worked out!
    10-19-09 12:55 AM
    I'm still not making a decision until I can try one out in the store, but I'm 99% sure I'll be getting the Droid over the Storm 2. I had been set on upgrading to the Storm 2 and then the Verizon/Google deal happened and everything changed. I've read up on the Android OS and I'm excited about it. I'm just happy to see some marketing directly against the iPhone. It's about time!
    10-19-09 12:00 PM
    Any thing with the android OS is going to be amazing.
    10-19-09 12:14 PM
    Version 1 of Android on a G1 left an awful taste in my mouth. I switched from a Pearl 8130 to get a G1, and it was a terrible decision. The hardware was terrible, the OS lagged so badly, and the battery drained too quickly (even with every single feature turned off). After 3 months with a G1, I sold it and gold a Bold. What an upgrade that was.

It will be a long time before I even consider going back to Android.
    10-19-09 06:17 PM
    I need a blackberry for work otherwise Id get a droid
    10-19-09 06:19 PM
    I had been saving my upgrade for the Storm 2 for close to 6 months now but with the TP2 ,Omnia2 and now the Droid , and seeing how the S2 is just more of the same old Storm with a few minor changes..... sorry BB but its time for something NEW.
    10-19-09 08:36 PM
    I notice that too the only difference is more memory and added a little more stuff which i dont remember at the moment.
    10-20-09 10:53 AM
    I had been saving my upgrade for the Storm 2 for close to 6 months now but with the TP2 ,Omnia2 and now the Droid , and seeing how the S2 is just more of the same old Storm with a few minor changes..... sorry BB but its time for something NEW.
    Add the Sony satio into that mix, classy piece of kit

10-20-09 01:48 PM
    If RIM isn't careful they might experience a stagnation similar to what moto has in the last couple of years. They really have to step up a little.

10-20-09 03:49 PM
    That's pretty bitchin. Makes me reconsider sticking with ATT. lol
    10-20-09 03:53 PM
    I actually picked up an HTC Hero yesterday running Android. I thought the demo video I watched was amazing and the OS was so sexy. After 2 days with it I know there is no way I can stay with it. Sprint offers some real savings with their plans as well. The Hero is too small, I love the Bold's size as a guy with slightly above avg sized hands, hated typing on the touch screen which was made worse by the small phone size.
    I also felt that the phone was not that efficient to use either because I needed it mostly for business. Of course familiarity with the Bold makes it seem faster but after 2 days I'm convinced I'd be faster on the bold 2 months from now too. If I only needed the phone for personal use I think I'd grow to really enjoy it but speed and efficiency are most important to me and the BB has that down. I think if I found an Android device with touch screen AND physical heyboard ala the Treo then we'd be on to something.
    This leads me to my disappointment in the smaller form factor of the upcoming Bold as well. Android does have some very cool features though.

10-20-09 08:34 PM
    played with 3 phones today
    The storm 2- faster then the storm 1..step up ..seemed much more solid

The moto droid phone-like the OS like the full keyboard

The HTC Desire- totally impressed me, it will be my next phone.
    All the phones were up and working, the only thing I didn't get the chance to do was make phonecalls on it. (Desire is not the final name)

The android OS is smooth, even more so then what I can remember from playing with the iphone.
    november for I think all 3 from what I was told.

REALLY excited about these phones!!!
    10-20-09 10:33 PM
    The android OS is smooth, even more so then what I can remember from playing with the iphone.

REALLY excited about these phones!!![/QUOTE]

^agreed.. i've been keeping my eye out on the S2 for awhile until the droid was slowly making it's way to more exposure (that and the vzw contract).. I still like the S2 but even with the changes I think I'm moving towards the droid now.. sorry Storm.. as an employee of vzw I haven't been this excited about a new phone in a while!
    10-20-09 10:50 PM
    you would choose the desire over the droid? any particular reasons??
    10-20-09 11:22 PM
    I think for everyone they will have to try it out, I'm not really big on the S2 ever since the leaked 5.0 OS came out, makes my storm a whole lot more better, so I will probably be looking into the Android instead of the Storm. Can't wait to see what happen's.
    10-21-09 12:27 AM
    Version 1 of Android was terrible. Unless they have really improved it, I'd stay away from it until it is out for a while.
    10-21-09 01:01 PM
    played with 3 phones today
    The storm 2- faster then the storm 1..step up ..seemed much more solid

The moto droid phone-like the OS like the full keyboard

The HTC Desire- totally impressed me, it will be my next phone.
    All the phones were up and working, the only thing I didn't get the chance to do was make phonecalls on it. (Desire is not the final name)

REALLY excited about these phones!!!
    I played with these phones yesterday and while I was excited about the Storm 2 with the new touch screen, I have to say, the android phones were impressive. I did a speed test on Moto Droid and got over 6.6 mbps.

Gonna be a tough decision.

10-23-09 10:08 AM
    I played with these phones yesterday and while I was excited about the Storm 2 with the new touch screen, I have to say, the android phones were impressive. I did a speed test on Moto Droid and got over 6.6 mbps.

Gonna be a tough decision.

something was wrong with that speedtest unless you were on wifi.
    10-23-09 03:36 PM
    Anybody try to decipher the clock on the DroidDoes Verizon page?

15 days 13 hours 23 minutes XX sec
    10-23-09 10:55 PM
    You droid tools have your own forum now. Go use it.
    10-23-09 10:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD